West Coast Offseason 2013 - We Want Yeo!

Remove this Banner Ad

WC drafted Stevens and Ebert to play as big bodied mids, then developed them poorly and lost them for very little.
They decided to play a Plodding F**** Gnome that brings no one else into the game, opposition runs off him at will and is a Butcher of the ball with his flourbag helicopter kicks. Disgrace of a footballer.

I'm talking about Priddis. And we let Ebert walk because Worsfold put as much effort into the team as he did into saving his disintegrating marriage, whilst banging some 23 yo.

Don't F**** get me started about Ploddus.

They decided to play a Plodding F**** Gnome that brings no one else into the game, opposition runs off him at will and is a Butcher of the ball with his flourbag helicopter kicks. Disgrace of a footballer.

I'm talking about Priddis. And we let Ebert walk because Worsfold put as much effort into the team as he did into saving his disintegrating marriage, whilst banging some 23 yo.

Please tell us more about Ploddus.

West coast after another skinny flanker/ winger

Definitely not what they need going forward. Wce have been un-wce like these past few off seasons, seem to ignore gaping holes and are backing their abilities to develop supposed spuds into superstars, probs a tough of arrogance given their strike rate in the past.

You are assuming we are putting all our eggs in the Yeo basket. After losing Embley, Selwood, Nicoski, Hams and Kerr we've lost midfield/flanker depth and need to regenerate that somehow. The players listed may have been past their prime/average but they still need to get replaced. Yeo is very highly rated by Brisbane so I don't think he's your run of the mill spud either.

We still have pick 11 to address our biggest weakness, which is quality inside midfielders. We're very likely to target Sheed with that pick so isn't that addressing our needs? We also chased Conca hard which would have also addressed our needs so I think you are off the mark with your pot shot here.

You've just denied a young player a chance to get on a list and develop.
Given the amount of list space we have from 6 retirements, and our 6th pick is currently #80... grabbing a player to help the squad buy in to the new coach is probably better overall than the young talent available at #80, even if that player never gets on the field. It's all about crossing the divide between players and coaches - something GWS has attempted to do with McDonald, Power, Cornes and Brogan.

Hell, even Lyon brought that spud Dawson over to fill a specific role.

Given the amount of list space we have from 6 retirements, and our 6th pick is currently #80... grabbing a player to help the squad buy in to the new coach is probably better overall than the young talent available at #80, even if that player never gets on the field. It's all about crossing the divide between players and coaches - something GWS has attempted to do with McDonald, Power, Cornes and Brogan.

Hell, even Lyon brought that spud Dawson over to fill a specific role.

We don't have that many list spots after we upgraded 3 rookies.

Just because they are attempting, doesn't mean they are doing a good job.

You're moving the goal posts.

Originally you scorned West Coast for "ignoring the gaping hole" in our list. Now that you've been told we aren't ignoring anything, you're criticism is that we aren't doing a good enough job with it.

You're either stupid or you're trolling. Either way, GTFO :thumbsu:

Just because they are attempting, doesn't mean they are doing a good job.

The leverage you had for yeo was the best it could get and assuming, the first 5 will ignore sheed is a punt as well. Wce have one of the worst mid fields in the comp, not Melbourne-esque but still very poor.

It's not like there was an abundance of skilled big bodied mids available for trade/free agency though, is it?

We'll add a midfielder with pick 11 and bank on further development from Shuey, Selwood, Masten and Gaff and getting a full season out of Wellingham.

...seem to ignore gaping holes and are backing their abilities to develop supposed spuds into superstars, probs a tough of arrogance given their strike rate in the past.
I removed the words 'West Coast' from this quote to highlight just how much it sounds like you're actually talking about Richmond instead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West coast after another skinny flanker/ winger

Definitely not what they need going forward. Wce have been un-wce like these past few off seasons, seem to ignore gaping holes and are backing their abilities to develop supposed spuds into superstars, probs a tough of arrogance given their strike rate in the past.

What gaping holes are you referring to exactly?

I thought we had to use 3 ND picks, or do the rookie upgrades take care of that?

Yes.

Most likely outs:
- Embley
- Nicoski
- hams
- dick
- a. Selwood
- Kerr
- one more: maybe re-rookie Newman

Ins:
- 28/31
- Yeo
- Ellis
- McGovern upgrade
- Tunbridge upgrade
- Bennell upgrade

You're a genuinely shit bloke for bring that up.

Piss weak mate.

Totally agree. The post you are referring to shows no class, no respect and no idea.:thumbsdown:

If it was on the Eagles board he'd be permanently banned.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

No he wouldn't be.

Perhaps if he was an opposition supporter he likely wouldn't have access to that board anymore.

Barrett on Trade Radio bagging WCE for the deal with Collingwood. Like our deal with GWS, the fu##wit can't grasp the fact that the add-ons to the deal (pick 27/Yeo) are a major ingredient. Constantly harping on that trading pick 6 for 11 is mind boggling. At least Wallace understands the 2 for 1 side of it, but he's worried that Sheed will get picked up before 11.

Yep I agree with your sentiment. Some will agree and others won't agree with the Eagles swapping 6 for 11 and 27, both arguments have merit, but to call it mind boggling is ignorant.

I'd say inaccurate kicking at goal probably cost the flag, but by all means attempt to take the focus your side for one which just made it to the big dance.

West Coast has a terrible midfield. To improve that situation they bought in an injury prone, one paced mid to apparently play as a back flanker.

Devoid of any strategy or purpose.

- Morton
- Cripps
- Ellis
- Wellingham
- Dick

I just don't follow what the club is trying to achieve.

West need only to break even in the midfield to take advantage of their forward power, yet they do nothing to bolster this line?

Burns going will help though.

I reckon our mids individually have talent and can perform, but as a group perform poorly. I am hoping this is coaching related and with a new mids coach comes improvement.

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast Offseason 2013 - We Want Yeo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back