West Coast v Carlton semi final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

so many haters it will be close we play well at subi

It's called logic. It could be close, but do you really think Carlton will go in favourites? Why, because you beat the 8th placed side? You do know that 5th has never won a semi-final under this finals system?

You'll have a way better chance than Essendon would have, that much is obvious.

what do u reckon Subi Oval is? lol ever actually seen it? wider spaces there than the G mate... Blues are the one Vic side capable of loving the spaces of Subi...

Spoken like someone who has never attended a match at Subi- which is about 10 m narrower than Etihad, let alone the G.

It'll be a good contest certainly, warnock will have a huge task if he has to go it alone (assuming cox gets up)

Weagles get kerr back which is big while there may be a ? Over Gibbs. With Waite still out and Jamison still not at his best it's going to be tough to stop the west coast talls.

Eagles by 5 goals in a fairly open contest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton play well over there and after this win today they will be full of confidence. It's a final, anything can happen, and the blues have some momentum now. Essendon are a far way from WC, but the Eagles can't take this mob lightly. WC are also a great side who got within three kicks of the pies so it should be a ripper! I'll pick Eagles by 14...

If you have a look at the matchups for next week carlton have no chance, Glass and Mceasy had Dawes and Cloke covered how do you think the fist pumping Setanta and Thornton are gunna go?? all today did was give carlton false hope eagles 60+

MCG = 171 m x 146 m
Subi Oval = 188m by 134m

17 meters longer than the G so any loss of space in the wings is more than made up in length... Hence... space to run. I grew up in Perth by the way and have played footy on both grounds. Subi oval has PLENTY of space to run. Take your parochial yellow and blue shades off guys. Carlton are probably better equipped to handle Subi Oval than any other Vic team.

If you have a look at the matchups for next week carlton have no chance, Glass and Mceasy had Dawes and Cloke covered how do you think the fist pumping Setanta and Thornton are gunna go?? all today did was give carlton false hope eagles 60+

Did laugh a little at that today especially since he sprayed a sitter right after.

And West Coast are quite hopeless at Subi.

Worsfold developed a team and game plan that sucks at a ground they play a minimum of 12 games a season at.

haters?
people are just saying who they think will win.

we beat carlton in melbourne by 40 points,
what makes you think it will be any different over in perth?

i think west coast will win but im saying that we are ok at subi

MCG = 171 m x 146 m
Subi Oval = 188m by 134m

17 meters longer than the G so any loss of space in the wings is more than made up in length... Hence... space to run. I grew up in Perth by the way and have played footy on both grounds. Subi oval has PLENTY of space to run. Take your parochial yellow and blue shades off guys. Carlton are probably better equipped to handle Subi Oval than any other Vic team.

Who for just out of interest?

I'm not doubting you btw.

Also the fact that the ground is narrower means that there is less space in the forward 50.

Carlton will be full of confidence due to their big win today. I won't be surprise if we lose. Carlton are an excellent side. Think we might get on top though assuming we apply the same pressure we did with Collingwood. Also, Carltons backline isn't as good as the Pies. The Pies have the best defence. We might stretch their backline. Some of our boys will want to fire up. Lecras, Shuey and Nic Nat to go crazy.

Carlton are a vastly underrated side, could see them making the Grand Final still.

I personally think Geelong would fear them more than any other side.

Carlton by 10 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back