West Coast v Carlton semi final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he did he got injured in that game. Oh'ailpin is a spud he will get dominated by Mackenzie/Glass.

Spud???

You need to learn some respect mate, any player that has made it into the AFL is no spud. It makes me sick when someone calls another player a spud. A, because you would not say it to his face. b, What have you ever done.

Spud???

You need to learn some respect mate, any player that has made it into the AFL is no spud. It makes me sick when someone calls another player a spud. A, because you would not say it to his face. b, What have you ever done.

He's a bit of a spud mate, but he is our spud. But better than most spuds will ever be and he has only played footy for 10 years.

Eagles Home ground advantage will be negated by the fact they have been to Brisbane (in the wet) and MCG to play pies in the last 3 weeks. Their last bye was about 3 months ago.

Carlton play well at Subi, have only lost 1 game there in last 5 years.

Also Judd won't be that quite in a final 2 weeks in a row.

I plan on putting a few dollars on the two lower ranked teams to win this week. My gut tells me Carlton and Sydney will both play in prelims this year.

Eagles Home ground advantage will be negated by the fact they have been to Brisbane (in the wet) and MCG to play pies in the last 3 weeks. Their last bye was about 3 months ago.

Carlton play well at Subi, have only lost 1 game there in last 5 years.

Also Judd won't be that quite in a final 2 weeks in a row.
You think the fact you beat us at Subiaco Oval last year means you will beat our team this year?

You do realise we travel every second week ALL season (and thus before every home game we have played 2 away games from our last 3) and we have won 9 in a row at home.

You think the team that laid 100 tackles against the minor premiers will give you a soft prelim?

I think the over-confident team with a home fortress and a wooden spooners draw that did well against a vastly undermanned Collingwood, but still no better than Carlton did in their last encounter, aren't as good as many think

You think the team that laid 100 tackles against the minor premiers will give you a soft prelim?

First you laid 100 tackles because Collingwood put you in a postion to need to lay 100 tackles as the game was tight. We had Essendon in the back at half time and by the 4th quarter we went into self-preservation mode (whereby you still had a slight chance to win so kept going).

Do not under-estimate the Blues... both teams each face do or die next weekend it's anyones game with Eagles should be slight favourites due to home ground advantage but don't let Carltons end of the Home and Away influence you.. we knew we had a tough chance to sneak into top 4 so since round 22 plans seem to have been made for us to tackle these finals from 5th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not trolling here but Setanta is one of the worst KP players ive ever seen Glass will eat him alive, seriously who fists pumps before they even kick the goal..

God that was hilarious. I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing.

I think the over-confident team with a home fortress and a wooden spooners draw that did well against a vastly undermanned Collingwood, but still no better than Carlton did in their last encounter, aren't as good as many think

The fans are overconfident, and that affects the team's chances of winning? Doesn't make sense, sorry.

It is simply a question of West Coast by how much
The Selwood duo to take care of Judd and Murphy with ease
Subiaco isnt the ideal ground for Carlton
If Carlton play O'Hailpin, they will pretty much be playing one down
Shuey for best on ground

Ridiculous.

Speed kills at Subi and Carlton is on of the fastest sides in the league

Yeah Danny Green V Strawnie sort of fight, id be more worried if Hampson played too be honest..
And he might play FF...

2011 VFL Seniors

North Ballarat 6.1 7.2 10.5 12.6 (78)
Northern Bullants 1.3 3.8 7.8 14.12 (96)

GOALS:
North Ballarat: Driscoll 5 Darmody 2 Stephenson McKenzie Lynch Pratt Peters
Northern Bullants: Hampson 6 Kerr 2 Tuohy Casboult MCCORKELL McLean O'Keefe Saad

BEST:
North Ballarat: Pratt Mullett Driscoll Peters McKenzie George
Northern Bullants: McLean Dare Hampson Lambert Meese Russell

Not worried about Carlton at all, more looking at Geelong the week after. Everytime someone from the top 4 gets beaten and one of the lesser sides win their game convincingly people seem to over-rate that. We finished above Carlton and have been the better team all year, we beat them in Melbourne when nobody thought we could, and we'll beat them again at home. They aren't coming over here and knocking us out of the finals, guaranteed.

Spud???

It makes you sick? When someone's having a discussion about footy and they call a player a spud, they obviously mean relative to the general level of quality they expect from an AFL player, not relative to the entire population.

A - maybe they would - who cares? B - We might as well shut down BigFooty, then. No criticism allowed! We can't do it, every AFL player is a golden god.

Chris Judd on MMM "No doubt Subi oval is the biggest ground in the league" when questioned about the valus of Carltons pace. But he wouldnt know about Subi Oval at all the way you Eagles posters do huh...:rolleyes:
Not disagreeing with that, but the narrowness helps our press

The fans are overconfident, and that affects the team's chances of winning? Doesn't make sense, sorry.

You don't think the players might take a little too much confidence out of the top four finish?

Even if they don't I remain unconvinced of the WCE sides credentials.

And before it gets mentioned, the game against us at Etihad should maintain a few side notes:

1) Jamison went down very early leaving us a man, and more importantly a tall down

2) No Jamos, Waite, Robbo. Two of whom will play next week, Waite will at least be structurally compensated for.

3) Judd won't have the flu this week, and the attention should be on Murphy, which as was seen in the second half today, will result in Judd having more influence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back