AFLW West Coast Womens 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

With the short turnaround it’ll be interesting to see who gets rested for the Collingwood game.

Think we’ve got Gooch, Simmons, Harken, Webb and Lyons all available.
Watching live I assumed Lakay would miss, because she seemed to be doing a ton of ruck work and I didn’t see Wakfer much.

Checked TOG% and it was 58-56. So I guess no change.

Lewis played a season low 69% including long shifts up forward so clearly they’re trying to balance it a little. Harken to come in for sure, maybe for the debutant?

Bushby 47% and I don’t recall an injury scare - she’s been around the 47-52% all season though so not sure about where she sits currently.

Maybe Cleaver sent back and Zakfer rested?

Was pleased to see that the Pies play today, assumed we’d be miles behind the eight ball on Tuesday but were actually in a better spot rest wise.

Watching live I assumed Lakay would miss, because she seemed to be doing a ton of ruck work and I didn’t see Wakfer much.

Checked TOG% and it was 58-56. So I guess no change.

Lewis played a season low 69% including long shifts up forward so clearly they’re trying to balance it a little. Harken to come in for sure, maybe for the debutant?

Bushby 47% and I don’t recall an injury scare - she’s been around the 47-52% all season though so not sure about where she sits currently.

Maybe Cleaver sent back and Zakfer rested?

Was pleased to see that the Pies play today, assumed we’d be miles behind the eight ball on Tuesday but were actually in a better spot rest wise.

Pies are 0-2, in Brisbane today and already having to use train-ons to fill out their squad so we might be a sneaky chance of going 3-1.

Watching the Pies match now and we 100% should be starting faves again.
Pies are turnover merchants and look slow.
Especially with them coming off a 3 day break.
Only tuned in from half time but I was worried about the opposite. Brisbane are just another level entirely and so much cleaner than any of the sides we’ve faced, makes it look like they’re playing a different sport entirely. Feel like Pies have held their own from half time, maybe the Lions took the foot off the gas, but I was a little worried how competent they looked given the scoreline.

Need to replace Goranova (hamstring) and Bushby (adductor strain) this week.

Also, McDonald is now finally out of concussion protocols but has injured a wrist.

Also, McDonald is now finally out of concussion protocols but has injured a wrist.

Oh FFS 🤦‍, she just can’t take a trick this season.
Was ( still am ) really looking forward to seeing her and Schilling in tandem in the backline.
When the two finally team up, to be the two key posts in the backline, I am expecting a more attacking and free flowing Chuckie, she is one of the smarter footy brains in the side and her creativity will set up goal scoring opportunities further down the ground.

I can see the link up Thomas attacking of half back with some run and carry, passes to Roberts on the move who turns for home and goals. 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the replay of the Pies game again and if Hoskins what you get when you recruit a player with a bit of bogan streak who wants to turn it around, let’s make the Daisy lead WC the Cats redemption club of the AFLW.

Fair way to go, but the club looks like a great place to be about and if Daisy keeps this up, we will need to give her a pay rise and a serious involvement in our men’s team coaching group to ensure she is locked away, because the Vic team will be coming at her hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW West Coast Womens 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back