AFLW West Coast Womens 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Shroj seems to be developing into a bullish mid with a set of mitts that are vice like. Something I noticed in our last game was a lot of dropped marks that shouldn't have been, I'd love if we targeted a taller player this draft that can help off half back with a strong set of hands and physicality to send us forwards. Even swing forward to be a hit up target too.
I’m nowhere near across the development side of things or any of the young prospects, but it used to frustrate me no end that Ella Roberts would drop routine marks all the time in her early seasons. Now she grabs damn near everything.

Is it simply a matter of more time spent around the Size 4 footy and they figure it out eventually? Rentsch has impressed me with her ability to track the bouncing ball, which is not a skill that’s across the board yet. Going off some googling, it seems they only get a couple of years with the game ball before being drafted, and I’m not sure how much footy they’re playing in that time compared to the men’s recruits.

Shroj seems to be developing into a bullish mid with a set of mitts that are vice like. Something I noticed in our last game was a lot of dropped marks that shouldn't have been, I'd love if we targeted a taller player this draft that can help off half back with a strong set of hands and physicality to send us forwards. Even swing forward to be a hit up target too.

That sounds like the perfect description of Molly O'Hehir from South Fremantle 179 cm, very good footballer, is Molly.

images-3.jpg images-2.jpg

That sounds like the perfect description of Molly O'Hehir from South Fremantle 179 cm, very good footballer, is Molly.

View attachment 2115772 View attachment 2115773
I'd be absolutely thrilled to have Molly at the nest next year! I keep forgetting that our second draft pick in Kavanagh is on the sidelines.... We may have some green shoots popping up over the next few years hopefully.

Looking forward to seeing what Roux can bring as she showed immense promise in her first year with the purps, seems to be one of those players that only thrives in optimal conditions/mental space. I feel like Daisy and the connection of the youngsters at our club is as good a place as any to eek out Roux's potential.

Also heard Drenno on a podcast seriously praising and excited by Lakay and Roberts as ones to watch rise. I think internally Lakay is rated pretty highly and she definitely has upside, pretty sure she set a hitouts record a few seasons back and is yet to recapture her best form/touch. She looks very underdone atm

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW West Coast Womens 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back