Western Bulldogs BigFooty Consensus Best 22 - finalised!

Which four players make up the interchange of our "best 22"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised more people aren't locking in Mclean
He was in my six, but people will find all the ducking and playing
for free kicks a little off putting. He is worse than Lindsay Thomas
and that is not a compliment, in round nine versus GWS his
opponent did not tackle and he went into his move on his own
leading Denis Commetti to say " Oh, went to ground a bit easy
there" most embarrassing moment of the season it took me
nearly a full quarter to stop laughing.

He was in my six, but people will find all the ducking and playing
for free kicks a little off putting. He is worse than Lindsay Thomas
and that is not a compliment, in round nine versus GWS his
opponent did not tackle and he went into his move on his own
leading Denis Commetti to say " Oh, went to ground a bit easy
there" most embarrassing moment of the season it took me
nearly a full quarter to stop laughing.

Yeah I agree

Can't get behind the kid until he stops doing it. Free kick or not it's cheating I don't like it

Dalhaus is my first choice small, but he's not on the list because he's been named out of position earlier. This frustrate me.:eek:
He's not named out of position. Unless you're saying that somebody who averaged 26 disposals and 0.4 goals is a small forward.

Dahl has evolved from small forward to elite midfielder.

Probably for the same reason that Jong was picked over him in the finals. He is a great player and theres no doubt will he will be a special talent, but theres a few guys around his level fighting for those last few spots.

Wasn't MCLean coming back from a long injury layoff and that was why a depth player like Jong was picked ahead of him??

Wasn't MCLean coming back from a long injury layoff and that was why a depth player like Jong was picked ahead of him??
McLean had been back playing since round 19 and he had a chance in the seniors in round 22. I'd argue they're both depth players when everyone is fit, and Jong was getting the nod ahead of McLean due to better form at the time (I think Scrag was suggesting something similar). It's pretty hard to see either of them getting picked ahead of one of Picken, Biggs, Daniel and Wallis for this team's bench. Not that being a depth player is a sleight on either of them- we just have a really deep team. They'll both get their chances this year with fluctuations in injuries and form.

Yeah his finals series was way too good to not be started on ground. Its ludicrous to think he could be started on the bench.
First player picked in my best 22's ScragCity , but it is always as
interchange position 1 as he is so versatile. Dale Morris in the
back pocket is the second player picked truly the heart and
soul of the Western Bulldogs both of them.

My vote for top 6 forwards would be;
HF: Picken Cloke Crameri
FF Stringer Boyd Dickson

Way too big and that 6 won't ever be down there at the same time but I think they are the best 6 forwards at the club. How the hell you then fit in Smith, McLean and Dunkley and further down the list Dale, Honeychurch and Redpath I don't know. The new draftees are going to have to be exceptionally good to get a game next year.

HF Stringer Cloke Crameri
FF McLean Boyd Dickson

Picken, Smith, Dunkley pushing for a spot, Redpath later in the year. We are going to be soooo dangerous again next year. Cant wait!! Go doggies!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B M.Boyd Adams Morris
HB Murphy Wood JJ

R Roughead Bont Dahlhaus
C Macrae Libba Hunter

HF Dickson Cloke C.Smith
F Stringer T.Boyd Crameri

I Biggs Picken Daniel Wallis*

Depth- Suckling, Cordy, Campbell, McLean, Roberts, Webb, Dunkley, Honeychurch, Dale, Williams, Redpath*, Jong

LT Prospects- Hamilton, Lipinski, Greene, English, Collins, Young

Rookies- R.Smith, Lynch, Prudden, Tweedie, Mullenger-McHugh

So much depth! Wanted to fit McLean and Dunkley in but found it hard.

Yeah yeah, they all rotate, but his starting spot is forward in my book.
I don't think you're getting it. He doesn't rotate. He's a midfielder and that's pretty much it. He can go forward but tell me, when was the last time you saw Dahlhaus starting as a forward, or spending more than 15% of a game, and even that's a bit generous, as a forward?

I don't think you're getting it. He doesn't rotate. He's a midfielder and that's pretty much it. He can go forward but tell me, when was the last time you saw Dahlhaus starting as a forward, or spending more than 15% of a game, and even that's a bit generous, as a forward?
Just in my book......I see him as our best option small forward. If I'm selecting my team, I have 5 mids including the wings as Bont, Libber, Wallis, Macrea, JJ.

My forwards are Stringer, Boyd, Dalhaus, Crameri, Cloke, Dickson. Picken, Smith, Hunter and Daniel as my interchange. But they all rotate even Dalhaus. It's just starting spots more than anything.

McLean was back but got dropped.Was given his chance after Jongy went down injured against West Coast.

More votes for Jong than Dunkley and Cordy

Lol wow just pathetic
Bit harsh on Dunkley and Cordy. I thought they played well in the finals,especially Dunkley. We have a strong list but I'd hardly call them pathetic. Dunkley was also in his first season and Cordy is still super young. I think they're both going to be excellent players to be honest.

Bit harsh on Dunkley and Cordy. I thought they played well in the finals,especially Dunkley. We have a strong list but I'd hardly call them pathetic. Dunkley was also in his first season and Cordy is still super young. I think they're both going to be excellent players to be honest.

I think he is saying that it's pathetic that so many folks have Jong in their best 22 ahead of Cordy and Dunkley.

I'd call it puzzling and an ordinary call - but each to their own.

To make the argument that Jong and Cordy fill similar roles is equally puzzling.

Yep I'd agree with that.

I'd suggest that Dunkley is already a better player than Jong playing a similar role. Just IMO.

I think he is saying that it's pathetic that so many folks have Jong in their best 22 ahead of Cordy and Dunkley.

I'd call it puzzling and an ordinary call - but each to their own.
Are you sure? The difference between Jong and Dunkleys votes are 1.2%,why would that upset someone? And Wallis and Suckling get less votes and weren't mentioned and so did Dale. And Cordy is a different player. And there is no mention of them being in the side at all,it just says pathetic and and that's it.
Like I said and it seems you agree,Dunkley should be ok,needs to improve his kicking but then again might be more a inside hand balling mid in the future. Cordy I suspect will play in defence anyway.

My vote for top 6 forwards would be;
HF: Picken Cloke Crameri
FF Stringer Boyd Dickson

Way too big and that 6 won't ever be down there at the same time but I think they are the best 6 forwards at the club. How the hell you then fit in Smith, McLean and Dunkley and further down the list Dale, Honeychurch and Redpath I don't know. The new draftees are going to have to be exceptionally good to get a game next year.

Same 6 for me but don't agree they are too big. Perfect mix of two bigs, two minds and two smalls. They are also a flexible unit. Stringer will play a fair bit in the middle and exchange with Bonti. Picken, Dickson and Crameri will also play outside of the forward line.

Lol you know exactly what I meant But thanks for playing

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Bulldogs BigFooty Consensus Best 22 - finalised!

Back