Western Bulldogs BigFooty Consensus Best 22 - finalised!

Which four players make up the interchange of our "best 22"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

this is the hardest too pick, Mclean and Dunkley don't deserve to lose their spot in the team, you'd think that both of them with another preseason will improve and have more consistency in 2017, as will Cordy. Then you have guys like williams webb honeychurch Smith and lynch will make strong claims in 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can really see him at the backend of the season starting to take over from boyd down back
I must say,and I have made the point before,that this is where I also see Wallis ending up. To me he seems the right choice to replace Boyd and seems a versatile enough player.

Wallis is too good as a mid/fwd to play him as a defender. I haven't looked up his stats but he seems to kick a really healthy amount of goals for a midfielder. Also, Champion Data rates him elite in his current position so there's that.
With our abundance of midfielders I can see him easily covered and I can see a few coming through that could also be better. Your goals comment is correct IMO and something I've considered,his forward craft also,both at ground level and in the air for his size I consider very much underrated.
I really rate having a solid,no frills defender and I think Wallis would be perfect for the role.

Wallis is too good as a mid/fwd to play him as a defender. I haven't looked up his stats but he seems to kick a really healthy amount of goals for a midfielder. Also, Champion Data rates him elite in his current position so there's that.
Not that I don't agree with that but champion data also rates Shane Edwards and Josh Caddy as elite, their system is flawed.

Or maybe its your perception of them that is flawed. Caddy tore us to pieces when Selwood was out last year.
Nah. I can name 100 players better than Caddy, he isn't elite.

Not that I don't agree with that but champion data also rates Shane Edwards and Josh Caddy as elite, their system is flawed.
Purely scientific stats based systems are going to churn out results that contradict the eye test on occasion.

Champion data can be useful as a guide sometimes, but it should never be read as gospel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Bulldogs BigFooty Consensus Best 22 - finalised!

Back