Preview Western Bulldogs vs Sydney Swans - Grand Final. Saturday, October 1st 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you want to look pretty winning the flag?
Me, I'll take the ugliest win over a razzle dazzle loss any day of the week.

When did I mention how we look? Responded to your comment that was wrong I couldn't care if we play netball to win

Calm down Gong. We all can get a bit touchy this week. And for my fellow Bulldogs brethren, this guy's alright. Cut him some slack.
Yeah he's fine when he's here, almost taking direct quotes and taking pot shots on his own board suggests otherwise.

14488257_275801436152186_7390886959700246528_n.jpg

It's beautiful.

Yeah he's fine when he's here, almost taking direct quotes and taking pot shots on his own board suggests otherwise.
No the guy is alright, and so are you - let's all take a deep breath and try to enjoy the fact that both our teams are in a Grand Final.

perro_loco said it once and I'll say it again. You are worried and you are bringing in half baked players.

Now piss off our board. The vitriol from your BF posters on your board has been disgusting. It's like you suddenly forgot that the longest premiership drought in history (72 years) actually belongs to you. Cut the arrogance.

Don't see any of our supporters saying that "we are better across every line". Swans fans have covered themselves in glory this week :rolleyes:

Thank you my friend. I owe you a beer!

Wanted Jong for Roberts, and both played extremely well last week. Guess we'll have a little more coverage for height in our backline which could work wonders if Sydney start getting on top of us in the contested marking around the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this argy bargy with rival club posters gives me the %#@$.
On to another matter: last week I stated that we needed Woody to stand up and come back to his intercepting best which he clearly did. This week it must be the Stringer/Toyd show. Stringer was good in patches last week but this really needs to be his very best effort to get some scoreboard pressure against the Swans. Toyd needs to catch a couple of marks in the forward half and provide that tall option up forward. His ruckwork last week was admirable but his marking early in the game was still missing. This is the game we need to see some forward marking cameos as well.

Do you think the ruck duel will have an impact this time around? I think we had Sinclair and Nankervis against you last time but we've got Tippett and Naismith now which is a considerable upgrade for us. You've got Roughie and a much improved Boyd who did a pretty bloody decent job against Mummy last week. How do you see it going?

Do you think the ruck duel will have an impact this time around? I think we had Sinclair and Nankervis against you last time but we've got Tippett and Naismith now which is a considerable upgrade for us. You've got Roughie and a much improved Boyd who did a pretty bloody decent job against Mummy last week. How do you see it going?

For me it's what happens when the balls tapped down that counts - something we are both excellent at

For me it's what happens when the balls tapped down that counts - something we are both excellent at
Yeah the midfield battle is going to be mouthwatering because we're both such contested ball monsters. I wonder if tap to advantage will even matter if it's so hot in the middle.

All this argy bargy with rival club posters gives me the %#@$.
On to another matter: last week I stated that we needed Woody to stand up and come back to his intercepting best which he clearly did. This week it must be the Stringer/Toyd show. Stringer was good in patches last week but this really needs to be his very best effort to get some scoreboard pressure against the Swans. Toyd needs to catch a couple of marks in the forward half and provide that tall option up forward. His ruckwork last week was admirable but his marking early in the game was still missing. This is the game we need to see some forward marking cameos as well.

Good to see Zaine bag two last week, but he dropped two chest marks inside 50. He can obviously find it on a lead out, so we need him and string to fire, as well as our small forwards keeping last weeks form... And T Boyd - admirable in the finals, but when was his last goal?

Our strength in the midfield is the number of rotations we can put through there without a huge loss of quality. Sydney have 6 gun rotations i'm not sure there are any others that can go through the middle.
As some have said, i see Stringer playing a bit more midfield than the last few weeks.

Kennedy, Hannebury, Parker, Jack, Mitchell, Heeney
v
Bont, Libba, Dahlhaus, Macrae, Smith, Dunkley, Picken, Stringer

our second strength is our handball. Our first 4 players above ate just about in the top 5 hand ballers in the league.
we get first hands to the ball leaves there gun mids caught between inside and out.

In the forward line i'd be looking working to get Stringer/Laidler match up. Stringer going to the middle a few times per quarter then pushing forward while Cordy is off might get that

Dig our claws into them and stick fast until half time.

If we are close or even in front at half time we run away with it IMO.

Our strength in the midfield is the number of rotations we can put through there without a huge loss of quality. Sydney have 6 gun rotations i'm not sure there are any others that can go through the middle.
As some have said, i see Stringer playing a bit more midfield than the last few weeks.

Kennedy, Hannebury, Parker, Jack, Mitchell, Heeney
v
Bont, Libba, Dahlhaus, Macrae, Smith, Dunkley, Picken, Stringer

our second strength is our handball. Our first 4 players above ate just about in the top 5 hand ballers in the league.
we get first hands to the ball leaves there gun mids caught between inside and out.

In the forward line i'd be looking working to get Stringer/Laidler match up. Stringer going to the middle a few times per quarter then pushing forward while Cordy is off might get that
Forgetting Mclean in that rotation mate...and everybody forget that Moyd used to be a 30+ possi midfielder on a weekly basis? He won't be in there for obvious reasons though. But just remember those days he was so underated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back