Western Region FL - Division Two - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough call because the Parkside coaches were looking pretty clever up until 3/4 time. They stifled the Devils run, their zone on kickouts was brillant and they had the edge at the clearances.

I heard Sedat was never going to play due a dodgey knee and if you saw him in the finals loss against the Cobras he didn't look great. Carrying a bit of condition and hardly touched the pill. I know he has great pedigree but if he had not been sighted around the club or trained, it might have been hard to include him. Not convinced he would have had a huge impact.

Also heard Paddy went to the coaches and made it easier for them as they were debating whether to play him. Stated his back was playing up? If he was right to go, he had to play. Even if on the bench or anchored to the square, he demands a decent opponent and North would have had to change their structure. By Paddy not playing, they were able to have one less tall down back. That said, as proved with Mo I reckon the Devils would have not let him run amok.

In the last quarter, North went out to a 13 point lead and then gave away a dicey 50 metre penalty which brought Parkside back into it. Lot of ifs and buts.....Parkside probably could have been further up at 3/4 time.

Sheppa was puffing just coming off the bench, but I like young Gauci. Not sure about the Deer Park game, but in the loss against the Cobras was impressive on their dangerous small forwards. He played on Neville early in the year and did OK. Eastoe might be stronger, but I reckon Gauci would have been a better match up.

congrats rd1........im dissapointed in being banned for a week and a half.....

parkside.........hahahaha

Hey guys,
Just wondering if anybody has any tips on the Comp Best & Fairest awards. My Tips are:

Seniors - Summers from Deer Park

Reserves - Clarke from Yarraville Seddon

Thank-you.

Hey guys,
Just wondering if anybody has any tips on the Comp Best & Fairest awards. My Tips are:

Thank-you.

in saying that........

d/p b and f results were summers1st,james ryan2nd,chris robbo3rd!!!!

Hey guys,

Thank-you.

Seniors b&f could go to a number of players
Summers d/p
Jueagan parkside
Atik Albanvale
Richo north footscray
Not sure how many games he missed

And the reserves
Surely Paul growcott from Albanvale will win and if not someone from Albanvale will win dominated h/a season

Summers d/p
Jueagan parkside
Atik Albanvale
Richo north footscray

And the reserves
Surely Paul growcott from Albanvale will win and if not someone from Albanvale will win dominated h/a season

Jeugan didn't play enough games. Would say Atik will win (even though he was a late starter), from Summers. I think Richo missed maybe 2 or 3, but I think he might have a few taking votes off him. Thompson from Parkside might be a smokey.

Summers d/p
Jueagan parkside
Atik Albanvale
Richo north footscray

And the reserves
I think summers would be red hot favourite. I watched him about 4-5 times this year. Just seems to catch the eye. Would not suprise if Richo from North got up though, they both have had great years.

I have not watched many reserve games so my prediction came off the WRFL website. There are about 5 guys that have polled in the best ten times or more. I agree that albanvale dominated the season but with a team with that quality will surely steal votes off each other.

I think summers would be red hot favourite. I watched him about 4-5 times this year. Just seems to catch the eye. Would not suprise if Richo from North got up though, they both have had great years.

I have not watched many reserve games so my prediction came off the WRFL website. There are about 5 guys that have polled in the best ten times or more. I agree that albanvale dominated the season but with a team with that quality will surely steal votes off each other.
Growcott had a great year, but so did papal from parkside two horse race i reckon!

Jimmy condos to coach deer park

Heard this was on the cards a few weeks ago. Really good get.

Must admit I was a bit suprised after being told that the Deer Park pres had told others that he was glad they didnt win it this year as they didnt have the funds and were not in a position to go up to Div 1 and compete. I wouldnt have a clue what he would get to coach at Deer Park but would have to be a bit to get him away from where he played this year for some huge coin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First of all a belated congratulations to the North Footscray Football Club on their long-awaited premiership this season. As I stated at the half-way mark of the season I felt that they were the best team we played and I tipped a North Footscray vs Parkside GF. I felt that North Footscray had a well structured game plan, the club's culture was heading well in the right direction and ultimately it stood up and got them in a position for the main stage and then they stuck to their guns, believed in each other and got the job done.

Having said that it was a very even competition between the top 6 teams in the quest for a top 6 spot and as such really any team could have won given different weather conditions, match-ups, ground conditions and of course a bit of luck.

I have been re-appointed as senior coach of Laverton for 2011 and we are really looking forward to an improved showing. The club has improved a hell of a lot off-field with regards to its professionalism, sponsorship and building better realtionships within our local community and we have a number of new initiatives, structures and direction in place. The club finished 10th from 31 clubs in the 'Wilson Security Club of the Year' and we will strive to continue in all areas. We know we have a long way to go, but we now have systems in place that will see us move forward in the years to come.

Whilst our seniors may have finished poorly on the ladder, we did display patches of some very good football and this augurs well for us with the addition of some older/wiser heads that we will recruit this season. In all of our senior matches this season we had 15 players aged between 17-22.

Our reserves won 7 of our last 8 matches to make the finals which was great for the club and our under 18's side that was put together with only 3 weeks to go before the season just missed making finals. One of our players made the under 18A team of the year and finshed runner up in the league best and fairest, he has committed to stepping up to senior football with us this season which is fantastic.

Meanwhile we now have an auskick pathway with over 100 kids on board in 2010 and will continue in 2011 and hopefully an under 9 and/or 10 side starting up and we will continue this all the way up in coming years...

All positive signs for us at Laverton.

Best wishes to all between now and Christmas and the 2011 season!

Justin Moran
Senior Coach
Laverton Magpies FC

First of all a belated congratulations to the North Footscray Football Club on their long-awaited premiership this season. As I stated at the half-way mark of the season I felt that they were the best team we played and I tipped a North Footscray vs Parkside GF. I felt that North Footscray had a well structured game plan, the club's culture was heading well in the right direction and ultimately it stood up and got them in a position for the main stage and then they stuck to their guns, believed in each other and got the job done.

Having said that it was a very even competition between the top 6 teams in the quest for a top 6 spot and as such really any team could have won given different weather conditions, match-ups, ground conditions and of course a bit of luck.

I have been re-appointed as senior coach of Laverton for 2011 and we are really looking forward to an improved showing. The club has improved a hell of a lot off-field with regards to its professionalism, sponsorship and building better realtionships within our local community and we have a number of new initiatives, structures and direction in place. The club finished 10th from 31 clubs in the 'Wilson Security Club of the Year' and we will strive to continue in all areas. We know we have a long way to go, but we now have systems in place that will see us move forward in the years to come.

Whilst our seniors may have finished poorly on the ladder, we did display patches of some very good football and this augurs well for us with the addition of some older/wiser heads that we will recruit this season. In all of our senior matches this season we had 15 players aged between 17-22.

Our reserves won 7 of our last 8 matches to make the finals which was great for the club and our under 18's side that was put together with only 3 weeks to go before the season just missed making finals. One of our players made the under 18A team of the year and finshed runner up in the league best and fairest, he has committed to stepping up to senior football with us this season which is fantastic.

Meanwhile we now have an auskick pathway with over 100 kids on board in 2010 and will continue in 2011 and hopefully an under 9 and/or 10 side starting up and we will continue this all the way up in coming years...

All positive signs for us at Laverton.

Best wishes to all between now and Christmas and the 2011 season!

Justin Moran
Senior Coach
Laverton Magpies FC

reserves won 7 out of 8 because snr players doubled up knowing the snrs were out of contention........

i like your attitude though......good luck

How do people think Caroline Springs will go in the first season next year?
Are there any early whispers on current WRFL players Gary Turner might take with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back