Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

madpie said:
Hoppers crossing vs Portcolts............
These two sides are far and away the best two sides in the comp(thats not hard to work out).The Battle lies in the middle with who can get first use.Venner vs Julier will be a great clash and whoever can get on top there and palm the ball to onballers will set up goals.A key question is will frost be tagged?and if so who by?My opinion les taylor would be able to run with frost and wear him closely.Havent seen Hoppers hit with some real physical force this year ,really big crunching tackles on the onballers or big shepards.
For the colts to win they are going to have to play a close checking style of football not allowing the hoppers onballers to have space to be creative and kick with confidence.
Also the colts will need a big strong body to fill the hole and block carsons space and crash into him and make him earn every kick,thats where julier can fill in the hole with assistance from bracken.
Hoppers play tall in there forward line with the ruckmen resting in the forward pocket so the colts will need to get some big fists on the balls that are bombed into the square,that where jacobs is very good at making a contest and spoiling.
The Games definetly won out of the guts and neither side has played classier onballers but i believe the colts can win if and ifs a big word they can make there opponents earn every kick for 4 quarters strong tackling heavy shepards (nothing stupid)close checking,non stop running.
Both forward lines are capable of kicking a winning score its only which side can get it in there the quickest.
A big heart stands out in a battle and i know theres plenty of big hearts underneath those red and blue jumpers.Go colts
Thanks for that response i hope the last answer is true, also would like to say your footy knowleadge is refreshing especially on this site. Keep it up i love your work.
Any chance of enlightning us with your footy background Buddha reckons you go alright

Thanks wrfl fan for the kind words.Im just a bloke who watches to much footy and whos body gave in to football before his brain did

WRFLfan said:
I know at the team i follow they first worrie about shutting down Acerman, he is like their barometer.
where do u guys get your info...he hasnt been on the ball in 3 years..half back the last couple and now he is in a fwd pocket...
Id much prefer akas racking up 35 touches then tommy millar floating forward and kicking a few. all ill say is last year when millar went down so did sunshines finals hopes... sunshine has 15 blokes that can do what ackas can (not exactly the same, but same role) tommy millar is a bloke you cant buy in a sports store.

can anyone tell me is it ture cam beazly(x hoppers)now at stathmore edfl has sign at spotswood.herd the rumour today if it is true would have to be for alot less money then what stathmore were giving him.

I agree with elephant, tommy millar is the key to sunshines hopes, hes a tall strong marking centre half forward... frees up stenhouse closer to goal, and gives a contest every time, brings in the smaller runners...
Acreman has battled injury the last few seasons, but when right will play on the ball and dominate as he once did. when fit and firing he is without a doubt one of the best on ballers in the league...
Where is the colts vs hoppers game? i think that whoevers at home will win, smaller ground suits the hard and tough colts whilst the bigger ground allows hoppers to run all day and show how skilful they are... Hoppers are hard at the contest, but Colts may be able to intimidate them with their bigger bodies. Really isn't much seperating them at all.
Albion look to finally be producing the goods, pushed colts then knocked off spotty with an 8 goal last quarter, and barker is back in soon as well.
Biggest question of the week, will Travvy finally be able to put 2 games together or will Jana break down again during the week???

madpie said:
Hoppers crossing vs Portcolts............
These two sides are far and away the best two sides in the comp(thats not hard to work out).The Battle lies in the middle with who can get first use.Venner vs Julier will be a great clash and whoever can get on top there and palm the ball to onballers will set up goals.A key question is will frost be tagged?and if so who by?My opinion les taylor would be able to run with frost and wear him closely.Havent seen Hoppers hit with some real physical force this year ,really big crunching tackles on the onballers or big shepards.
For the colts to win they are going to have to play a close checking style of football not allowing the hoppers onballers to have space to be creative and kick with confidence.
Also the colts will need a big strong body to fill the hole and block carsons space and crash into him and make him earn every kick,thats where julier can fill in the hole with assistance from bracken.
Hoppers play tall in there forward line with the ruckmen resting in the forward pocket so the colts will need to get some big fists on the balls that are bombed into the square,that where jacobs is very good at making a contest and spoiling.
The Games definetly won out of the guts and neither side has played classier onballers but i believe the colts can win if and ifs a big word they can make there opponents earn every kick for 4 quarters strong tackling heavy shepards (nothing stupid)close checking,non stop running.
Both forward lines are capable of kicking a winning score its only which side can get it in there the quickest.
A big heart stands out in a battle and i know theres plenty of big hearts underneath those red and blue jumpers.Go colts

Very nice piece of writing madpie, working very well at the minute. you have given us the way you think Colts will beat Hoppers, how about giving us how hoppers will beat Colts, surely Colts will have to be favourites going in to this, after last years finals.

WRFLfan said:
How is Phipps going heard he was a chance to got to the Colts, and hows Taylor going he would have to be 55 years old now looking forward to catching up with him round 7

Heard the same thing about phipps going to the colts, aparently good mates with one of the players down at Hoppers got him there. From the couple of games i've seen both Taylor and Phipps working well off the backline not much getting through them, Taylor very hard at it, been in the best a couple of times in a side that's winning by 100 points and Phipps runs off the lines getting a fair bit of it and has kicked a few goals of the Half back line. Haven't been tested yet though.

elephant said:
WRFLfan said:
I know at the team i follow they first worrie about shutting down Acerman, he is like their barometer.
where do u guys get your info...he hasnt been on the ball in 3 years..half back the last couple and now he is in a fwd pocket...
Id much prefer akas racking up 35 touches then tommy millar floating forward and kicking a few. all ill say is last year when millar went down so did sunshines finals hopes... sunshine has 15 blokes that can do what ackas can (not exactly the same, but same role) tommy millar is a bloke you cant buy in a sports store.
You said 15 blokes can do what Aker can do then said not excatly the same make your mind can they or cant they. Are you the guy that spruked up Albion you were alittle off there champ. As for Aker everytime we have played him he has played on the ball, but i only see him for 2 out of 18 as for Miller he doesnt ring a bell, and the way way you talk about him im sure l should, but i will be looking out for him now, i cant help but notice some hostilites towards the little red man is there issues or are you a hard football judge that has watched him play alot?
Stenhouse must go alright also i see Mainsbridge getting amongst it he would be handy down at Sunshine, just imangine him kicking his 3-5 a game and taking a key defender(shot yourself in the foot there Sunshine, good luck to him nice bloke)

RAZA said:
Very nice piece of writing madpie, working very well at the minute. you have given us the way you think Colts will beat Hoppers, how about giving us how hoppers will beat Colts, surely Colts will have to be favourites going in to this, after last years finals.
don't know how you could say colts will be fav.hoppers are a diffent team from last year they have pick up some very could players and a playing good football under frost.yes colts did beat them last finals but the colts were hiting there straps and hoppers were going the other way.with form on this year hoppers would have to start odds on with way they have been distroying teams and the colts are just doing enough to get the four points.lets not forget it's at hoppers where they are nearly unbeatable.:thumbsu:

RAZA said:
Heard the same thing about phipps going to the colts, aparently good mates with one of the players down at Hoppers got him there. From the couple of games i've seen both Taylor and Phipps working well off the backline not much getting through them, Taylor very hard at it, been in the best a couple of times in a side that's winning by 100 points and Phipps runs off the lines getting a fair bit of it and has kicked a few goals of the Half back line. Haven't been tested yet though.
Like your veiws Raza fair and honest, do you played and if so who for and when or who did you play for also do you support Hoppers? Lots of questions sorry.

WRFLfan said:
Like your veiws Raza fair and honest, do you played and if so who for and when or who did you play for also do you support Hoppers? Lots of questions sorry.

Cheers mate. Don't play anymore, played a few years back in the FDFL, had a stint in the VFA/VFL & SANFL, but my days are over now. I don't support Hoppers indirectly just like there style of play, also have a few friends running around in the league Ie: Spotswood,Albion,Colts & Hoppers. i enjoy watching local footy(WRFL) alot more than the AFL( a bit too soft for mine).

RAZA said:
Cheers mate. Don't play anymore, played a few years back in the FDFL, had a stint in the VFA/VFL & SANFL, but my days are over now. I don't support Hoppers indirectly just like there style of play, also have a few friends running around in the league Ie: Spotswood,Albion,Colts & Hoppers. i enjoy watching local footy(WRFL) alot more than the AFL( a bit too soft for mine).
Fair resume that one i like it, will you be there round 7 if so, look forward to you summary after the game. Who will get up and who do you like and why from both teams?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fabian Webb killed them on the weekend along with Les Taylor and many others the boys look they were enjoying it
WRFLfan said:
Fair resume that one i like it, will you be there round 7 if so, look forward to you summary after the game. Who will get up and who do you like and why from both teams?

WRFLfan said:
Fabian Webb killed them on the weekend along with Les Taylor and many others the boys look they were enjoying it

Did Nathan Jhuegan play for Parkside on the weekend. I know he has missed the first few rounds. I played with him down at Williamstown a few years back and he can play the boy. If he did play - how'd he go?

Mainsbridge is more trouble then good, it doesnt matter how good a footballer he is, his attitude and personality just didnt fit in at sunshine and the decision made to get rid of him was the right one...
Colts vs Hoppers, ill have to take Hoppers down there just because the bigger ground suits them, will be able to showcase there skills and speed, open forward line for carson which means its really hard to play a man in front of him. But it will definently be close, Colts and Hoppers are the top two sides in the league by a fair margin, then Parkside.
Will be interesting to see Hoppers backline stretched, do they have anyone to take Winters? and who does Clonan take? Clarke?
Looks to be the early grand final preview going on current form, but this year is so even so you cant dismiss Albion, Spotty, Sunshine or Parkside.
Whos are the teams in division two? really not looking forward to travelling to the likes of whymdamvale, glenorden or playing on the postage stamp that is West Footscray.
Travvy isn't injured this week as of yet, managed to survive our rehab session last night which is a great sign for him and Sunshine.

WRFLfan said:

Is there any Sunday games this year in the WRFL? If so when, where and who's playing who?
Thanks

WRFLfan said:
elephant said:
You said 15 blokes can do what Aker can do then said not excatly the same make your mind can they or cant they. Are you the guy that spruked up Albion you were alittle off there champ. As for Aker everytime we have played him he has played on the ball, but i only see him for 2 out of 18 as for Miller he doesnt ring a bell, and the way way you talk about him im sure l should, but i will be looking out for him now, i cant help but notice some hostilites towards the little red man is there issues or are you a hard football judge that has watched him play alot?
Stenhouse must go alright also i see Mainsbridge getting amongst it he would be handy down at Sunshine, just imangine him kicking his 3-5 a game and taking a key defender(shot yourself in the foot there Sunshine, good luck to him nice bloke)
Of course the 15 blokes cant play exactly like ackas...everyone is different, what i was getting at is that the kangas look to have a truckload of blokes that can run thru the midfield. you cant miss miller. tall solid bloke who wears a helmet...Ive seen the little red fella play a lot. also one of his best mates. im just saying that big fellas dont fall out of trees. mansbridge and pearce would be sensational to have but unfortunately, it hasnt panned out that way. and i wasnt too far off the mark with albion port colts game...if albion had half the team in they would have gone real close. on albion, heard that browny could miss the year with his knee

i know millar and i rate him has played well against us in the pass but i think more suited to ruck floating across halfback.
With the albion colts game in the first 1 and a half quarters the colts were up by 50pts then relaxed a bit, threw there side around a bit and yes albion fought back but were never in the game,as for browny missing the rest of the year he is no loss very very over rated player imo.

WRFLfan said:
Fair resume that one I like it, will you be there round 7 if so, look forward to you summary after the game. Who will get up and who do you like and why from both teams?

I will definitely be there round 7, cant wait, hopefully both teams can win this week and take an unbeaten record into round 7. I think it will be a close one, weather could play a part, the home ground advantage might play a part but to suggest that because it's a bigger ground that will suit Hoppers is ridiculous. I was at the finals last year and saw a hard running Port colts run all over Hoppers on the Whitten oval, which is bigger than Hogan’s road. Bit hard to call at the moment, might just wait until next week to give my tip. Will Frost be Tagged?, I'm sure he will, heard he had 44 touches on the weekend?. Not bad!. If he's tagged who will play on Carson(the one that plays on ball????). What about the leading goal kicker in the league Clarke?, will it be Taylor or Clonan, not sure . Can he be stopped? very hard to match up on. What about Mcnaulty, lightning quick and always pops up when called upon with 3 or 4 a game, personally I think he will be tagged. Then comes the other end the forward line Carson, just kicking goals at will, very quick and very tall and can kick 60mtrs, maybe Debruen for him. Then come the most important contest of all the ruck. Venner vs Julier. Who can get first hands on it and who can sneak forward and kick a couple of goals. If it go's either way I'm not fussed as long as it is a good, hard, clean game!!!.

I seen that Clarke guy play on Saturday and he's an absolute gun. I think he will be very hard to stop come round 7. I personally think the big ground will suit the Colts. From what I saw in the finals last year they are great running side on these sort of grounds.

Anyone able to shed some light on what nick altona's ground is in? Last time i played there it was awesome but that was about 2 year ago after they resurfaced it..

elephant said:
WRFLfan said:
Of course the 15 blokes cant play exactly like ackas...everyone is different, what i was getting at is that the kangas look to have a truckload of blokes that can run thru the midfield. you cant miss miller. tall solid bloke who wears a helmet...Ive seen the little red fella play a lot. also one of his best mates. im just saying that big fellas dont fall out of trees. mansbridge and pearce would be sensational to have but unfortunately, it hasnt panned out that way. and i wasnt too far off the mark with albion port colts game...if albion had half the team in they would have gone real close. on albion, heard that browny could miss the year with his knee
Thats no good about Brown, we played two practice matches against Albion and the team that we played in the home and away was equal as the practice ones and there was a lot of injuries in the home and away one, the James experiment hasnt worked i think its time to move on and attack it another way the club owes it to the players and the coach that have stuck around waiting for finals to come.

As for Sunshine and Mainsbridge im sure there are worst blokes putting on a jumper for Sunshine every week as for other clubs as well, sometimes you need to turn a blind eye to stuff or address it in a different manner. Sunshines a club that hasnt had a lot of success in recent times and maybe because of stupid decsions like not letting or wanting him to play there, they must be hungry for something like success down there or have they forgotten what it feels like(i dont think you forget that stuff). So in closing, unless he killed someone in the club you need to sort your dirty laundry out in house. Did he play juniors there?. The team he is playing for is at last i think maybe you can approach him and get him back, i now i would like him running around and creating amok in my teams forward line.

As for Hoppers Vs Colts the big ground might be an issue, but i think Colts love the chance to get out on a big ground after being couped in on there tiny ground, its like Disneyland to them being let out in open spaces, but time will tell. What are Sunshines secrets they have done alright against them recently and would have keep it up if kicked straight? Any tips for us on beating them?
Looking forward to see Travvy43 play, he has some intelligent insights to the game which is refreshing on this site sometimes

elephant said:
WRFLfan said:
The one with the helmet i know him now takes a good mark, hard to match up on. Seems you get some much needed fire power in players and then lose some great players

RAZA said:

I will definitely be there round 7, cant wait, hopefully both teams can win this week and take an unbeaten record into round 7. I think it will be a close one, weather could play a part, the home ground advantage might play a part but to suggest that because it's a bigger ground that will suit Hoppers is ridiculous. I was at the finals last year and saw a hard running Port colts run all over Hoppers on the Whitten oval, which is bigger than Hogan’s road. Bit hard to call at the moment, might just wait until next week to give my tip. Will Frost be Tagged?, I'm sure he will, heard he had 44 touches on the weekend?. Not bad!. If he's tagged who will play on Carson(the one that plays on ball????). What about the leading goal kicker in the league Clarke?, will it be Taylor or Clonan, not sure . Can he be stopped? very hard to match up on. What about Mcnaulty, lightning quick and always pops up when called upon with 3 or 4 a game, personally I think he will be tagged. Then comes the other end the forward line Carson, just kicking goals at will, very quick and very tall and can kick 60mtrs, maybe Debruen for him. Then come the most important contest of all the ruck. Venner vs Julier. Who can get first hands on it and who can sneak forward and kick a couple of goals. If it go's either way I'm not fussed as long as it is a good, hard, clean game!!!.
Great work GOLD.
Julier V Venner will have an impact on the type of game Frost has and will make it easier on his tagger(if he gets tagged). Intresting on Frosts possis l wonder how many of those possis were handball recived or hard ball gets or even clearances, the man can play.
There are going to be so many head to head match ups, its a supporters dream the only problem being which one to watch.
It will be great for either team to win but regardless of the result both teams are going to benifit so much from this game that i pittiy the teams that they have to play after it.

Intresting to see Beasley has defintly signed with Spotswood, wonder how his attitude will be against Hoppers after they deserted him and will he be after revenge on the people that absoultely flogged him on this site and the EDFL site will be intresting, now maybe he will get a kick with the well Know Physical side of the WRFL Spotswood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back