Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

All tips aside, the woodsmen have prevailed as the strength of the competition this year. They are committed and should be congratulated on their success.

Where have all the colts crew, who have a go, gone? Their committee would have to be dissapointed with their team's leack of commitment and strength.

Good luck next year boys, from all reports, you are going to need it~

You goose

Firstly what a great game of wrfl footy,and i feel with the crowd we put on a good show.
I am a shattered man after that result but i will say my port colts team mates have so much heart and character and were very unlucky to loose but at the end of the day no hard feelings but we lost that game,after wasting to many chances especially in the last quarter and spotty the great side they are hung in there and got up in the end.
Our team done our club proud.
Congaratulations to spotty enjoy..

Now i'm off to the club to enjoy the next few days with some of the greates players of the wrfl .....go colts

All tips aside, the woodsmen have prevailed as the strength of the competition this year. They are committed and should be congratulated on their success.

Where have all the colts crew, who have a go, gone? Their committee would have to be dissapointed with their team's leack of commitment and strength.

Yes well done to Spotty,they were the winner's ,but watching the medal's being presented to the winning side,i some how missed the one that put in the most for them.

WELL DONE BRETT CRYER, you are a ****en cheating dog,i can't wait until i see you next year with out all those jack's around you.

You goose

Firstly what a great game of wrfl footy,and i feel with the crowd we put on a good show.
I am a shattered man after that result but i will say my port colts team mates have so much heart and character and were very unlucky to loose but at the end of the day no hard feelings but we lost that game,after wasting to many chances especially in the last quarter and spotty the great side they are hung in there and got up in the end.

Now i'm off to the club to enjoy the next few days with some of the greates players of the wrfl .....go colts
Well said rock was a great game of footy to watch andcongrats to spotty on the win. The turning point of the game i thought was half way through the third when caddy had a set shot 10m out in front and sprayed it. Spotty 8 should have been sent off for the hit on him and you should have given him one for his trouble. Jensen, molan (biggest waste of money in the league) and monty went kickless and surprise surprise big ray did not throw his weight around with the big boys and Winters and Lindsay were very good at ground level. In saying that Ben Kelly chopped up the colts midfield and was the difference.
Well done to both teams and to the wrfl on a fantastic season. WHat will happen next year begins on big footy when we will all talk next week and discuss where the clubs are headed.

Yes well done to Spotty,they were the winner's ,but watching the medal's being presented to the winning side,i some how missed the one that put in the most for them.

WELL DONE BRETT CRYER, you are a ****en cheating dog,i can't wait until i see you next year with out all those jack's around you.
Its done now so we move on. WEell done Borgy if you are reading this you were fantastic today. Moved with pace and elegance during the scuffles and was quick to reach into your pocket and bluff the cards. Veteran stuff.... well done ash
Odonnel = muppet

Pull your head in clown. Colts were fantastic today as were Spotty. Colts had their chances to put Spotty away and didn't, Spotty hung in as good sides do and snatched it. Thats what makes football the game it is. Well done both sides on a great display.

Well done Spotty

Commiserations to Port Colts

The colts crew have gone no where blonk its a couple of hours after the game and you are expecting them to be on big footy?

Well done to spotty it was a top game of footy. The colts had thier chances and prob should have put them away.

congrats to spootyy(Y) alotna r coming b oys lau gh it up n ow giv us 3 years and a grade domination will b all purple n gold its my goal in life and will happen i p'rom;klise use we will b a dominate force so much young talent which is better then big spast ics like gensin lol cocky cuk we will b ther eboys r stik it up cu nts yrearts to cum ALTONA 2010 just liek for me 02.04.06.07

Big Game this weekend.

Good luck to both teams.

With my experience in the WRFL against both clubs I believe that Port Colts will play with a non compromising attitude and will do what ever it takes to win. Even if it will be to rough up some of the Spotty boys.

Spotty are a great club and have got some great players but in recent history Spotty footy club have gone missing when the going gets tough?

I hope spotty can really play some great football as they have some great players.

Spotswood Football Club it is time to take the soft tag off your back this weekend and who better to do this against then the mighty conquering Port Colts.

There is no point on any Spotty fan or player responding to this comment because history speaks louder then words.
You guys need to make a statement and this weekend is you time.
So take it with both hands and grab that CUP.

And Beazer get off this thing and concerntrate on playing this weekend.

Congratulations Spotty

At the end of the Day you guys now have the CUP in your hands, You as a club have finally delivered what you have been promosing for so long, savour the moment and enjoy the rewards, you guys as a club should have taken the next step.

Boys If Spotswood can win the Flag in 2007 then put all your money on Geelong as the Cup is going up the Highway.!!!!!

heres a fact and i no it doesnt mean much but with both colts teams in the granny, in the edfl a grade both greenvale resys n seniors won the flag, in b grade both marbynong park resys n seniors won the flag and in wrfl div 2 both west footscray teams won the flag, can the colts keep the pattern rollin

The only pattern here was that both lost.

I have a bit of a soft spot for Spotty and glad to see them finaly come through with the goods, great for them and great for WRFL Football.

Pull your head in clown. Colts were fantastic today as were Spotty. Colts had their chances to put Spotty away and didn't, Spotty hung in as good sides do and snatched it. Thats what makes football the game it is. Well done both sides on a great display.

Well done Spotty

Commiserations to Port Colts

Commiserations to port and a mighty fine effort, you guys never gave up and credit to you, 4 grand finals in a row unlucky about today. Spotty were fantastic. Does webby have a dermoltoligist has the worst skin i have ever seen, enjoy retirement pal. Please thank de Bruiyn for the 50m penalty harris kicked the winner, well done to spotty.
Clarke very humble in defeat big Ray enjoyed the call

The only pattern here was that both lost.

I have a bit of a soft spot for Spotty and glad to see them finaly come through with the goods, great for them and great for WRFL Football.

Must be a great night at the colts, molans first goal, boy can play, expect a big year from the kid next year, interesting to see webby not shake his hand after the game, again hope retirement is good for him has been a quality player of the league, he is a player you love to hate,

Was there any brawls in this game it seems to be a common thread in Grand Finals these days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone no if i can get a copy of this game would love to watch it as i was unable to attend

Cheers

Dont make a mountain out of a mole hill boys, as we all have experienced at some times this year, the leagues records are a little incorrect at times. All have played enough games to qualify for senior or reserves games as specified in the rules of the league. The relevant late forms have een produced and verified by the WRFL Admin.

Maybe a few of you young blokes from Port Colts spent too much time on big footy in the lead up to the game instead of getting ready for the game. It showed in how you played. Good to see you deleted your posts as well

Commiserations to port and a mighty fine effort, you guys never gave up and credit to you, 4 grand finals in a row unlucky about today. Spotty were fantastic. Does webby have a dermoltoligist has the worst skin i have ever seen, enjoy retirement pal. Please thank de Bruiyn for the 50m penalty harris kicked the winner, well done to spotty.
Clarke very humble in defeat big Ray enjoyed the call
glad you deleted earlier message champ that was a disgrace pissed and full of dutch courage i gather

Good luck to-morrow you know i'm a hopper's person we couldn't beat you but i think spotswood will by 23 points

Well done to our 2nds best team all year,have to say watching the senior's game and being unbiased thought the port colt's should have won by at least three goal's ,but then again bad kicking is bad football,also some very ordinary decision's went against them at crucial times,but well done spotty there is only one winner and next year our team will be a bit older and wiser and ready to take the mantle of you as the premier team.

How many will retire from spotty from yesterday's side ?????

You goose

yes what a great game of footy both teams put on a great show shame there had to be a loser
your blokes did you proud and are credit to yourself you have done a great job for your club 4 grand finals for 2 wins as much as it pains me i dip my lid to you.

well done to spotty well deserved... best side all year.

congrats to spootyy(Y) alotna r coming b oys lau gh it up n ow giv us 3 years and a grade domination will b all purple n gold its my goal in life and will happen i p'rom;klise use we will b a dominate force so much young talent which is better then big spast ics like gensin lol cocky cuk we will b ther eboys r stik it up cu nts yrearts to cum ALTONA 2010 just liek for me 02.04.06.07
U talk too much====crap

hows that hangover goin mate?

only flag u will play in 2010 will b div 2 reserves,

no idea, another 5 years at apollo plenty of protein u may get 2 b half big rays size but never come close to his ability,yeh 2010 div 2 for you

Well said rock was a great game of footy to watch andcongrats to spotty on the win. The turning point of the game i thought was half way through the third when caddy had a set shot 10m out in front and sprayed it. Spotty 8 should have been sent off for the hit on him and you should have given him one for his trouble. Jensen, molan (biggest waste of money in the league) and monty went kickless and surprise surprise big ray did not throw his weight around with the big boys and Winters and Lindsay were very good at ground level. In saying that Ben Kelly chopped up the colts midfield and was the difference.
Well done to both teams and to the wrfl on a fantastic season. WHat will happen next year begins on big footy when we will all talk next week and discuss where the clubs are headed.
Chest, you make some good points. Mcanulty looked like ripping the game apart early. Good move by Colts to push him forward. Spotty then put young Fogarty on him which nulified his influence a bit. Putting Millen forward to also stretch Spotty backline was a good move but he did seem to suffer a bit following his Hamstring injury the week before. As you say Montebello struggled with a quad injury but Molan as well as kicking 2 goals does a lot of work off the ball making space for the likes of Isbister who chipped in for 3. Jensen did his job on Brannan/Millen. Winters did well but I thought that Sablich was one of Spotty's best. Patak as BOG was spot on I thought. Had Port won it would have been interesting to see who would have got it. Maybe Jacobs who as usual played on Kelly but both played away from each other.
Caddy did well and with a couple of straighter kicks could have been a match winner. A blot on his copybook though was the "Jeff Farmer like" high five to the crowd at about the 20 minute mark which was a bit premature as it turned out, as was Rock's "Liberatore like" celebration following the first goal of the last quarter with one of his few posessions. Of course it would not have been a final without Webb firing Spotty up with his elbow that left Keenan wobbling and taken off midway through the last.
Interesting to see Colts walk from the ground prior to the Presentations. Someone may be able to confirm whether it is true that their supporters abused them and spat on them as they went up the race.
Good to see Rock, Jacobs and a couple of others come out to watch the presentation. They were really hurting which is something that they will use to their advantage I am sure. Maybe a few of the others who have only experienced winning Grand Finals should have been out there to experience the pain.
Finally, it was a great game of Footy, a good advertisement for the WRFL although they have a lot to do to promote the League particularly throughout the season.
The 2 best sides went toe to toe for the full 100 minutes with the best performed (one loss) team just getting over the line against the winner of the previous 2 flags.

Chest, you make some good points. Mcanulty looked like ripping the game apart early. Good move by Colts to push him forward. Spotty then put young Fogarty on him which nulified his influence a bit. Putting Millen forward to also stretch Spotty backline was a good move but he did seem to suffer a bit following his Hamstring injury the week before. As you say Montebello struggled with a quad injury but Molan as well as kicking 2 goals does a lot of work off the ball making space for the likes of Isbister who chipped in for 3. Jensen did his job on Brannan/Millen. Winters did well but I thought that Sablich was one of Spotty's best. Patak as BOG was spot on I thought. Had Port won it would have been interesting to see who would have got it. Maybe Jacobs who as usual played on Kelly but both played away from each other.
Caddy did well and with a couple of straighter kicks could have been a match winner. A blot on his copybook though was the "Jeff Farmer like" high five to the crowd at about the 20 minute mark which was a bit premature as it turned out, as was Rock's "Liberatore like" celebration following the first goal of the last quarter with one of his few posessions. Of course it would not have been a final without Webb firing Spotty up with his elbow that left Keenan wobbling and taken off midway through the last.
Interesting to see Colts walk from the ground prior to the Presentations. Someone may be able to confirm whether it is true that their supporters abused them and spat on them as they went up the race.
Good to see Rock, Jacobs and a couple of others come out to watch the presentation. They were really hurting which is something that they will use to their advantage I am sure. Maybe a few of the others who have only experienced winning Grand Finals should have been out there to experience the pain.
Finally, it was a great game of Footy, a good advertisement for the WRFL although they have a lot to do to promote the League particularly throughout the season.
The 2 best sides went toe to toe for the full 100 minutes with the best performed (one loss) team just getting over the line against the winner of the previous 2 flags.

Yeh good post Thunder, i'll second that.
However in agreeing what a good game of football it was, i was kinda hoping for a little more biffo. Thought it might have got a little heated or some of the bigger blokes might have thrown their weight around. Oh well i guess clean style footy is filtering down from the top (AFL), and umpires have become so unpredictable that it's not worth it to your team to even try be a strongman.

Anyone else catch the post-game entertainment during the presentations in the centre of the ground? Now that's bringing it back to the fun days of football haha. Good effort champ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back