Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So make Clark accountable for all the past troubles you reckon???? thats smart

That is not what i said, your a muppet. Come back when you get some commen sence.

The WRFL do need to do something heavy handed to stamp out the crap that goes on in these environments. This year was another bad year for the WRFL with many incidents, that seemingly get swept under the carpet.

Then in the showcase of the leauge, another incident happens, will it be another time the wrfl do nothing or do they make an example out of Clark. Of course he isnt accountable for all the past troubles. But will the WRFL make him accountable for this one or will they just let it slide, like they usually do.

Clark is innocent until proven guilty, just giving my opinion that he could be in trouble, purely as it was the grand final and surely the WRFL have taken enough embarresment (whether or not that was clarks fault or their own). This is not the worst thing that has happened in the leauge, but it just might be the final straw, we will wait and see. Good luck to rock, been a very good servant of the WRFL and maybe that will hold him in good stead.

Can someone from port colts please tell us why the f*ck you are putting in a protest to overturn the result of grand final. From what i've heard its because an injured player didnt come of through interchange gates & then returned to ground later. If this is true it is pathetic by port & not in the spirit of our great game. Do you really think it influenced the game?

the protest is to try and take some of the attention away from themselves, the injured player was CARRIED of the field and crossd the boundary a short distance from their bench, not 100% certain but i think rule 51.1 states that serious injured players do not have to go through the interchanged area, not sure which word suits them better sooks or chockers

the protest is to try and take some of the attention away from themselves, the injured player was CARRIED of the field and crossd the boundary a short distance from their bench, not 100% certain but i think rule 51.1 states that serious injured players do not have to go through the interchanged area, not sure which word suits them better sooks or chockers

f*ck off goose... go take your sh1t posts, and stick them where the sun doesnt shine!

if he was seriously injured then how did he come back on?
As a supporter, we call them legends, five grand finals in a row, win 2 and lost a couple by the smallest of margins, give their supporters great enjoyment.

if he was seriously injured then how did he come back on?
As a supporter, we call them legends, five grand finals in a row, win 2 and lost a couple by the smallest of margins, give their supporters great enjoyment.

great training staff, pushed through the pain barrier , as clarkie did in the second semi

Can someone from port colts please tell us why the f*ck you are putting in a protest to overturn the result of grand final. From what i've heard its because an injured player didnt come of through interchange gates & then returned to ground later. If this is true it is pathetic by port & not in the spirit of our great game. Do you really think it influenced the game?

Listen carefully, it has been said numerous times, the players accept the loss and do not want any result overturned.

You can call us chokers but the fact is spotty are a great team and had the run and courage to try and win the game and did.
However if a certain umpire had not influenced 4 decisions in the last quarter, 1 in particular where the goal umpire wanted to pay a goal but the field UMPIRE thought it was a point the result would have been different. No shame in losing to spotty.

As for the protes both clubs have put in against the other over interchange breaches and spotty lodged theirs first.
In o'keefe's vase he come of from the wrong part of the ground and as no stretcher was used should not have come back on but he did, still i would not want the result changed for this reason, although everyone on here has said how umps are right and we should just accept their decision, so rules are rules and we should follow them.
Personaly i would hate to win this way and none of the colts players or myself would want this.

FISJAM....you are who any courage to come out and put a name to this comment, so we can see how well you go in life, also let us know some of your footy achievements?????
Highly unlikely you little coward

WHO'S fisjam anyone

FISJAM....you are who any courage to come out and put a name to this comment, so we can see how well you go in life, also let us know some of your footy achievements?????

WHO'S fisjam anyone

Rock steps onto the front foot and goes WHACK!

he'll never tell you his credentials, Rock. Doesn't have the guts

Surely B. Shiels should have been nominated for rookie of the year! Not saying he would win, but Joint winner of Altonas Best and Fairest in his first year of senior footy aint to bad!
Hope Pacey can win it tho, had a fantastic year

WHO'S fisjam anyone

gee i didnt expect this sort of response could be enough to put me into retirement. few good points, will answer honestly my life is well at moment footy acheivements you have got me beat there nothing worth mentioning, gee now youve got me feelin like i should never have poened my mouth, oh well you win:thumbsu: oh yeh height is bout 5' 7 so yeh little

The 2008 Bridgestone Rookie of the Year will be announced this Friday night at the Senior Presentation Dinnner. THe final five are Dean Pace (Altona) Jarrod Tuppen(St.Albans) Mitch Merrifield (Hoppers Crossing) Daniel McKerracher (St.Albans) and Jase Perkins (Port Melb. Colts) more --> FROM LEAGUE WEBSITE

Is Jase Perkins related to the great Jim "BULL" Perkins?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gee i didnt expect this sort of response could be enough to put me into retirement. few good points, will answer honestly my life is well at moment footy acheivements you have got me beat there nothing worth mentioning, gee now youve got me feelin like i should never have poened my mouth, oh well you win:thumbsu: oh yeh height is bout 5' 7 so yeh little

What kind of response did you expect???
Not sure if your from spotty or STRONGBOW is, but all from spotty have been very respectful in victory, more credit to them.
The grand final finished in controversy, so there is a bitter taste still no doubt but to say we are chockers or sooks is below the belt, but if you do want to go on record and say things like that at least have the courage to put your real name to it, instaed of hiding behind a computer and taking cheap shots.

Not sure if your from spotty or STRONGBOW is, but all from spotty have been very respectful in victory, more credit to them.
The grand final finished in controversy, so there is a bitter taste still no doubt but to say we are chockers or sooks is below the belt, but if you do want to go on record and say things like that at least have the courage to put your real name to it, instaed of hiding behind a computer and taking cheap shots.
rock,dont no who strongbow and fisjam are but people are on here to talk shit dont take it to heart,so as for people naming there names dont think it required..we wouldnt wont anyone to go and do something silly now would we..

its his son mate

We know that Jase is going to be a good footballer. There have been a lot of people ask over the last couple of months whether he was the son of "Bull" Perkins. We hear that he was great. Did he play for Colts ? What was his record ? Just as a matter of interest what is his history ?

I don't agree with the full on cheap shots that have no back up but some who have been in here can't handle an opinion that differs from theirs. So to settle the argument, they could go as far as wanting to find you over the smallest of things. The definition of a cheap shot can depend on who's reading it and that's where being anonymous is the safest bet for some. Either that or come in, say nothing, never express an opinion or just bore everyone with conspiracy theories...haha.

rock,dont no who strongbow and fisjam are but people are on here to talk shit dont take it to heart,so as for people naming there names dont think it required..we wouldnt wont anyone to go and do something silly now would we..

Definately would not do nothing silly, melowed alot old age has helped lol.

Don't take it to heart was just trying to see how well this fellow had done on the field and off it so i could have a crack back at him.....unless he is buddy franklin or g.ablett....you get my drift.

Went and watched the edfl grand final yesterday between greenvale & keilor with greenvale the red hot favourites only dropping one game in the last 48 played and undefeated this year only to be out run and out coached by a team on a mission in one of the biggest upsets seen for a long time.

After watching i'd have to say what a gap there is between the two leagues after watching the scrappy low standard shit the wrfl dish up week in week out i'd say spotty or colts the two best wrfl sides wouldn't get any where near the edfl's best with a ten foot pole,anyone else see the game.

Didn't see that one but saw a game between two sides a couple of years back. May sound strange but the side getting belted was still playing a very good brand of footy. This was because the game was open and the skills were very good. The winner was just awesome. Really enjoyed the game although it was a blowout. Would normally want to leave one of our one sided games at half time but wasn't leaving this one.
The gap between our best and middle of the road teams in terms of skill and general game style is too large. I can't say how both our best would go against the top sides in the EDFL.

Listen carefully, it has been said numerous times, the players accept the loss and do not want any result overturned.

You can call us chokers but the fact is spotty are a great team and had the run and courage to try and win the game and did.
However if a certain umpire had not influenced 4 decisions in the last quarter, 1 in particular where the goal umpire wanted to pay a goal but the field UMPIRE thought it was a point the result would have been different. No shame in losing to spotty.

As for the protes both clubs have put in against the other over interchange breaches and spotty lodged theirs first.
In o'keefe's vase he come of from the wrong part of the ground and as no stretcher was used should not have come back on but he did, still i would not want the result changed for this reason, although everyone on here has said how umps are right and we should just accept their decision, so rules are rules and we should follow them.
Personaly i would hate to win this way and none of the colts players or myself would want this.

Just to set things straight here.
Spotswood only lodged their protest form after receiving Colts protest/dispute first.
What was Spotswood going to try and achieve by submitting a protest against Colts when the game was completed?

Come to think of it, maybe Spotswood should have submitted a protest against Sunshine for Interchange breaches in the Reserves game?

I have been advised that years gone by there were interchange stewards during the finals, when did this cease? This would have cleared up any confusion in regards to interchange breaches that may or may not have alleged to have occurred.

Decided to dust off my personal copy of the WRFL Rules and Regulations recently and strap myself in for some quality reading. Points of interest include:

51. Interchange of Players
Clubs shall have free interchange at their discretion during home and away games and finals. The Player leaving the ground must interchange at the coach’s box with the Player entering the ground (with the exception of seriously injured players). If not adhered to player cannot re-enter the arena for the remainder of the game.

A few grey areas here. "At the coaches box" is one. It does not specifically mention the interchange gates. Also "if not adhered to player cannot re-enter the arena for the remainder of the game". So did an interchange steward (if they had them) inform spotswood that okeef could re-enter the ground. Who administers this rule through the game? Are clubs suppose to self-regulate this throughout the game, are the timekeepers suppose to do it or do the umpires do it.

39.1.1. Deemed Misconduct
Where it is alleged that a person has engaged in an activity constituting misconduct, a finding by the League, Tribunal,
Independent Hearing Committee or Appeal Board that activity has in fact occurred, shall be deemed misconduct.

A couple of umpire related bits of information
(a) The reporting official may, at their sole discretion, offer the prescribed set penalty for the following offences:

Using language or behaving in a manner that is abusive, insulting, threatening or obscene towards or in relation to an umpire: 2 matches

(h) A player or official found guilty of recklessly making contact with an umpire (this was not the case with with the accused), or, attempting to make contact or strike an umpire (and doubt that this was his intention either), will receive a minimum 12 month suspension, with the right of appeal only against finding of guilt (note severity of penalty).

The above dot point was the only real severe rule relating to umpires. There were some others about forcefully making contact with an ump (only clause that had a life suspension) however there was no use including them as that was not the case.

Any time lines on the decision? Did i also hear that the WRFL were holding off on releasing the Grand Final DVD due to the investigation.

Didn't see that one but saw a game between two sides a couple of years back. May sound strange but the side getting belted was still playing a very good brand of footy. This was because the game was open and the skills were very good. The winner was just awesome. Really enjoyed the game although it was a blowout. Would normally want to leave one of our one sided games at half time but wasn't leaving this one.
The gap between our best and middle of the road teams in terms of skill and general game style is too large. I can't say how both our best would go against the top sides in the EDFL.
funnily enough, i can say 100% our league bases itself on being a tight ass, money leeching organisation, not sure about the other tho, why wouldnt they put their heads together with the edfl, charge $10 admission, and offer the winner say $10-20k , winner takes all , and settle the score every year, sure the year has finished, mad mondays, injuries, etc etc, but both teams will suffer, what club wudnt like to pick up that sort of money, players play for free, it should be their recognition to their clubs for their efforts, throw in maybe the magoos and 18s, and u prob got 5000 people min, so maybe if batty and co got off their lazy ass's and actually looked into it, it cud actually be a possibility?

Just to set things straight here.
Spotswood only lodged their protest form after receiving Colts protest/dispute first.
What was Spotswood going to try and achieve by submitting a protest against Colts when the game was completed?

Come to think of it, maybe Spotswood should have submitted a protest against Sunshine for Interchange breaches in the Reserves game?

I have been advised that years gone by there were interchange stewards during the finals, when did this cease? This would have cleared up any confusion in regards to interchange breaches that may or may not have alleged to have occurred.

I don't really care who lodged who's first, the point was once the final siren goes in my opinion the game is over and no matter what happens we could never get the feeling back we wanted of being in front when that siren went. Spotswood were in front and weather or not they stuffed up with the interchange or one umpire in particular had his own agenda in the last quarter,spotty got away with a win and that's all that counts.

Long time reader, first time poster.

Not sure how much posted on here is true but here's my take on the last week and a half's events.

From my vantage point, ball looked almost out on the full but I was up the other end and the wind was blowing. A few people have said ball swung late. Either way, decision stands whether right or wrong.

Yes, some decisions during the day that didn't go the way players/ spectators expected. Doesn't this happen every game?? Apart from the odd decision, most decisions were either correct or you could at least see where they were coming from (some of you I'm sure would beg to differ). Holding the balls were hot at times though.

Rock, you keep saying once the siren went, the result was gone and nothing is going to change that. So why continue on the 1 umpire 'cheating'? I get your point, in your opinion, and many others, the decision making process and possibly the final decision were incorrect. From others, it was the correct call just incorrect process. I don't think you've let it go though. Not getting stuck into you here as you're a respected player in the WRFL. Also haven't been in your position before so don't know how hard it is let those things go.

As for after the siren. Not sure who is to blame, but it looked ugly from a long way, away. Maybe worse was the incidents outside the ground. League has to take some action. Don't know how harsh, that depends on blame. If its spectators, not that much can be done.

Whatever the result, it won't help recruitment in this league for clubs or umpires. With all the other competing sports at the moment, its not what we need. And how many kids are going to give up footy and then say to themselves, "Gee, I might take up umpiring". Most would last only a handful of games, and not many would get through the first if they copped a spray like GF day (although I couldn't hear what was said, could see that it was put across in an aggressive manner).

EDFL is a much more even comp and the skill level is higher. Northern is a terrible league though. As many if not more problems on field, and league secretary tearing off with money a few years ago showed how professional they are.

Still waiting for results from Spotty v Glenorden though. Must be about 3-4 months ago now. Maybe DN is just waiting until he's out of this league so that its another issue he can avoid.

I don't really care who lodged who's first, the point was once the final siren goes in my opinion the game is over and no matter what happens we could never get the feeling back we wanted of being in front when that siren went. Spotswood were in front and weather or not they stuffed up with the interchange or one umpire in particular had his own agenda in the last quarter,spotty got away with a win and that's all that counts.

Another umpire on the day applauded a D. Jacobs kick into the forward line. Thought it was very funny. I was waiting for him to pull out his pad and ask Danny to put his signature on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back