Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
bit late i know - but i've been busy.

Was at the night game at St Albans for the season opener and was very impressed with the facilities they now have available. Light towers are fantastic, along with the piss up shed next to the social rooms.

Does anyone know if the local council assisted with any of the funding for the light towers?? Or was that all a St Albans FC funded exercise?

all done with our own coin council dont even cut the grass

all done with our own coin council dont even cut the grass
St Albans facilities are of the highest quality and it is a credit to their club for the hard work they have done to be at the stage they are at now, if only they had performances on the field to match it would be the complete club.
on another topic after the first 2 weeks who do people think the good recruits have been. Corey Thomas has kicked goals in both games and looks a handy pick up for them, but with his injury problems he will be on the side lines in no time.

yer stalbans not bad.. who is corey thomas^^ you said he has kicked goals in both games for them?? i think good pickup was been lachy mcghie for spotty one to watch..hoppers with murphy also knezavic to albion from edfl should be good.

St Albans facilities are of the highest quality and it is a credit to their club for the hard work they have done to be at the stage they are at now, if only they had performances on the field to match it would be the complete club.
on another topic after the first 2 weeks who do people think the good recruits have been. Corey Thomas has kicked goals in both games and looks a handy pick up for them, but with his injury problems he will be on the side lines in no time.

change rooms still need to be done as they are badly out of date.

yer stalbans not bad.. who is corey thomas^^ you said he has kicked goals in both games for them?? i think good pickup was been lachy mcghie for spotty one to watch..hoppers with murphy also knezavic to albion from edfl should be good.
Corey Thomas is playing for Albion from Yarra, sorry i should of clarified that.

change rooms still need to be done as they are badly out of date.
you can say that again but i guess you cant upgrade everything at once and as you said in a previous post that is next on the list.
with quality facilities like you have why do you think that you struggle to recruit quality players

Corey stop pumping up your own tires, or if you aren't Corey then get off your knees you might get carpet burn.:)
mate im not Corey Thomas as my name would suggest because he cant kick for shit, but i did watch him against st albans and i thought he was honest and then he kicked 4 again on the weekend. injury free he could be a good player for albion this year.

The WRFL have the best recruits this season.

Thomas and Murphy to Hoppers
Foley and Mentha full time to Sunshine.
Jacobs to Port Melb
McGhie to Spotty.

Dont think you can narrow it down to which one player or club. It looks like Albion have recruited really well.

you can say that again but i guess you cant upgrade everything at once and as you said in a previous post that is next on the list.
with quality facilities like you have why do you think that you struggle to recruit quality players

dont agree with this statement. i think the players we have picked are quality. (Jimmy hollow is as good as any one running around.)

i dont think we spend as much as you think we do. we always try and play the locals, the 2001 premiership team had about 16-17 that played junior footy for the club.

Just looking at the players Hoppers where missing from that Altona game I am surprised the Vikings didnt get closer to them than the 9 or so goals. Thomas,Downey and Phipps are all top liners so you add them to that side along with those other couple and the Warriors are still looking hard to beat.

Looking for a game to go watch this weekend, can anyone advise which would be the better? was thinking of the St.Albans game but also wouldnt mind having a look at what all the fuss is about with Albion.

The WRFL have the best recruits this season.

Thomas and Murphy to Hoppers
Foley and Mentha full time to Sunshine.
Jacobs to Port Melb
McGhie to Spotty.

Dont think you can narrow it down to which one player or club. It looks like Albion have recruited really well.

yer i agree the wrfl has done fantastic this year. the big names look good, metha is a great inclusion to sunshine. looking a very fast side this year.

had a look at albion against stalbans. its not so much the big names but they have gathered much more quantity then every other team and they have done well cameron barks is back
savalos, doorwood are great pickups, knezavic from edfl will be good also, a few yarriville boys and 2 kids from wbee so they should be up there with us spotty and port this year.

most important match so far this round v colts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looking at the players Hoppers where missing from that Altona game I am surprised the Vikings didnt get closer to them than the 9 or so goals. Thomas,Downey and Phipps are all top liners so you add them to that side along with those other couple and the Warriors are still looking hard to beat.

Looking for a game to go watch this weekend, can anyone advise which would be the better? was thinking of the St.Albans game but also wouldnt mind having a look at what all the fuss is about with Albion.

i think stalbans portmelbourne will be a fantastic game.
followed by altona albion
the other 3 will be one sided. spotty will glenorden. sunshine will beat footscray and hoppers will beat yarriville so yer take ur pick mate.

only 1 decent game this week, colts V goat herders, all other games wil be smackings

This weekend's games.

Spotty by 24 goals over Glenordinary
Hoppers to give Yarra/Seddon another belting by 29 goals
What will be called the upset of the round,StAlbans by 5 points over Colts
Sunshine too good for West 14 Goals
Albion just to get over the line to Altona by 2 goals

Would you care to back that up with some $$$$$
Your opinion and your entitled to it.
Sunshine are meant to be the fast and fitest team we let them back into the game and then took the momentum back and won and same with albion on the week end we give them a big start and reeled it in in 10 mins of footy and i'd say that's the worst we have played as a team in a long time but we will get better.

good luck rock i think ur going 2 need it this year

i cant believe there were punches even thrown in this match.I could have swore being on the ground would of been one of the safest places to be i didnt know scratching and pulling hair was a report can you name the two major sponsor abbattoirs who donated hoppers & spotty the hearts to have ago in the 1st place both are weak as piss

Ok then Grizzly, which team are you aligned with? Who, according to you, is the hardest side in the comp?
I've seen plenty of games where teams like Parkside have gouged, kicked, sniped and blind sided all day long. They were a bloody good side, no doubt but I thought it was funny that when it was done to them, they laid a club report. Were Parkside hard?

So then, if Spotty and Hoppers are as weak as piss, name other players in those sides who are soft.

Ok then Grizzly, which team are you aligned with? Who, according to you, is the hardest side in the comp?
I've seen plenty of games where teams like Parkside have gouged, kicked, sniped and blind sided all day long. They were a bloody good side, no doubt but I thought it was funny that when it was done to them, they laid a club report. Were Parkside hard?

So then, if Spotty and Hoppers are as weak as piss, name other players in those sides who are soft.

hey mate when do u no of parkside putting in a club report? because i played for parkside for 8 years and thats the 1 st ive heard of that and i dont think we were a dirty side hard yes... and no other side in the 8 years i played tried to be dirty against parkside because they wouldnt get away with being dirty against parkside so i dont no what game u watched because i dont think hoppers or spotty would of tried snipping parkside or if u did see when was it last year when they had 18 kids playing

Get off the the smack stupe !!!
Spotty & hoppers have been great sides over the years but theve never been hard stop living in dream land

Get off the the smack stupe !!!
Spotty & hoppers have been great sides over the years but theve never been hard stop living in dream land

Spot on!

Albion and Colts are the two hard sides this year. Spotty have definately improved their hardness over the aggott over the last 12 months though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back