Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

With the opening round starting on a Friday night at Kings Park. What do people think of a Friday night game? Would Saturday night games work too? I think that this will be a success. And leaves the wrfl with some options. Myself, I would like to see the under 18's play most games on Friday nights, instead of the lacluster morning games. Most First Division Clubs have facilities to cope with night football these days, so any senior games under lights will be fantastic. I believe will pull a big crowd and then clubs can benefit from bar and canteen sales.
Go night football........... the way of the future for local competitions.

i met Tim Berzins through a mate about 12 months ago. seemed like a half decent bloke when i first him and i went along to watch a few games of my mates in which Berzins played in his team.
I dont think ive ever seen a softer player in my life, agree with ur assesment Beazer that he should play in a womans team and doesnt get near the ball.

on top of his terrible football ability i then went out with him and my mate about 6 months ago and Berzins honestly thought he was Brad Pitt. trying to pick up woman everywhere, i think he forgot he is only 3ft tall and looks like he has down syndrome. i also know a few more of his teammates who have told me he is a serial pest that irratates everyone.

anyway seeing as i saw his name i thought id have my two cents worth.

Spot on mate. He sleeps with the light on. He is the only bloke who Ive seen run away from the ball in a game of footy. He is ok in small doses Ive been told by the patrons at the gym he goes to, Fernwood. As for him trying to pick up chicks, he is kidding himself. He actually tells girls he is Brab Pitt and he believes it himself. He should also invest in a stretching rack bcos even Lou Richards is taller than him.

Rock,

Did Danny Jacobs get a touch up on the wknd by some 18yr old kid?

What was the final score - 4 goal win or something?

Best players etc...

Lovely little snippet on Page 28 of the Herald Sun Today (Punchlines). Its an invitation from Bones McGhie for all footballers to come and join West Footscray - AND BE PAID FOR IT!!!!!

Also mentions that West has "700 paid up members as well as FINE FACILITIES"

Classic stuff that.

700 paid up members hahahaha.

FINE FACILITIES :D:D:D:D:D:D

Correct me if i'm wrong.

But wouldn West Footscrays ground have to be the WORST in local footy?

Rock,

Best players etc...

haha. no that wasn't the case. the kid was good, but danny wasn't going to be breaking records on the ground, i think to everyone's knowledge he was just going to go through the game, not get cleaned up, and he did do well, used the ball really well. and yer was a few goal win. didnt see the score.

Spot on mate. He sleeps with the light on. He is the only bloke who Ive seen run away from the ball in a game of footy. He is ok in small doses Ive been told by the patrons at the gym he goes to, Fernwood. As for him trying to pick up chicks, he is kidding himself. He actually tells girls he is Brab Pitt and he believes it himself. He should also invest in a stretching rack bcos even Lou Richards is taller than him.

He sleeps with the light on .Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black

Rock,

Best players etc...[/qu

DJ played really well, except didn't kick for goal as well as he would have liked.
He did the team things well he help teach the players alot out on the ground and he like all our boys had fun.
We started slow down by 20 poits and then clicked into gear and lead at 1/4 time by 7 points lead at half time by 40 odd point got it out to about 10 goals and probably won by 8 goals...alot of good signs from the new players and with a few out all looks promising for rnd 1

With the opening round starting on a Friday night at Kings Park. What do people think of a Friday night game? Would Saturday night games work too? I think that this will be a success. And leaves the wrfl with some options. Myself, I would like to see the under 18's play most games on Friday nights, instead of the lacluster morning games. Most First Division Clubs have facilities to cope with night football these days, so any senior games under lights will be fantastic. I believe will pull a big crowd and then clubs can benefit from bar and canteen sales.
Go night football........... the way of the future for local competitions.
i think Friday nights game will be a big advertisement for the wrfl which should produce a good crowd. maybe night footy is a good road to head down but i doubt that any other club apart from St Albans would be able to host a night game as they clearly have the best facilities in local footy

Intersting to hear that yesterday at hoppers sportsmans day there star recruit brad murphy got into a punch up with a bloke in his 50's who has been around the club for a long time & when dragged away went back & threw more punches. Great way to impress your new club a week before first game. Wonder if he'll show this great courage & aggression on the field against blokes his own age around his loyal team mates, ( COWARD ).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Intersting to hear that yesterday at hoppers sportsmans day there star recruit brad murphy got into a punch up with a bloke in his 50's who has been around the club for a long time & when dragged away went back & threw more punches. Great way to impress your new club a week before first game. Wonder if he'll show this great courage & aggression on the field against blokes his own age around his loyal team mates, ( COWARD ).

The commitee sacked our bigfooty mate beazer a few years ago for less....let's see if they are consistent

The commitee sacked our bigfooty mate beazer a few years ago for less....let's see if they are consistent

Different committee and coach there now and Im sure they will get the truth to this incident so they wont get the flick and nor should they. I dont want to talk about my past, that has been flogged many times. It will be interesting to find out what comes of it though. Not sure how or what happened but apparently all concerned had a bit of a go at it.

Lovely little snippet on Page 28 of the Herald Sun Today (Punchlines). Its an invitation from Bones McGhie for all footballers to come and join West Footscray - AND BE PAID FOR IT!!!!!

Also mentions that West has "700 paid up members as well as FINE FACILITIES"

Classic stuff that.

700 paid up members hahahaha.

FINE FACILITIES :D:D

Looks the add has paid dividends:thumbsu::thumbsu:

The clearances on the WRFL website have been updated and West have picked up 2 Brunswick Power players:D:D

All jokes aside though, one of them is John Hardaway and it will be very interesting to see if he is able to have an impact in Div1. If he is in shape he is a hard player to stop at any level.

Was at the Sporstsmans Day at Hoppers Crossing sunday night and was involved in breaking up the fight. Yes Brad Murphy was involved with his mate Shannon Downey but they by no way can be blamed souly for the fight. An old fella came up to Murph and decided to give Murph some unnecessary advice and it broke out from there with Downey actually been the only bloke hit. It got resolved pretty quickly and all was right afterwards. In fairness to both parties everyone there was struggling after a good 8-9 hours on the sauce at that point.

Looks the add has paid dividends:thumbsu::thumbsu:

The clearances on the WRFL website have been updated and West have picked up 2 Brunswick Power players:D:D

All jokes aside though, one of them is John Hardaway and it will be very interesting to see if he is able to have an impact in Div1. If he is in shape he is a hard player to stop at any level.

Played at North Ballarat before Brunswick. Absolute gun player who then got fat. Still outstanding at div 2, abeit 20 kilos heavier. Attitude isn't the best. Always bitching to the umpires. Am sure if he was skinny again (which I doubt) Hardaway could make an impact, but will be tough as a forward with the bottom team.

Was at the Sporstsmans Day at Hoppers Crossing sunday night and was involved in breaking up the fight. Yes Brad Murphy was involved with his mate Shannon Downey but they by no way can be blamed souly for the fight. An old fella came up to Murph and decided to give Murph some unnecessary advice and it broke out from there with Downey actually been the only bloke hit. It got resolved pretty quickly and all was right afterwards. In fairness to both parties everyone there was struggling after a good 8-9 hours on the sauce at that point.

well hopefully nothing further comes of it, maybe the old supportter was thinking he wanted to make sure the new recruits were willing to have a crack.......i'm sure they will.
We have all had our moments on the piss, it's the next day when the embarrassment kicks in that really hurts not that punches.

well hopefully nothing further comes of it, maybe the old supportter was thinking he wanted to make sure the new recruits were willing to have a crack.......i'm sure they will.
We have all had our moments on the piss, it's the next day when the embarrassment kicks in that really hurts not that punches.

And you would know all about it.
With yourself and everyone else down at colts it happens all the time.

Both are top fellas, it doesn't surprise me to see that when one of them is in a tussle the other isn't far away.

It will be interesting to see if a punishment is dished out to maybe set an example for the rest of the side.
I know this stuff happens all the time, in the past we have had some players behave the same and in return they were banned from the club rooms after the game for a couple of weeks so they can't drink with their team mates.

The old bloke in question is Bob Twomey, a long time Port Colts man. Admittedly i wasn't there but have heard from a few reliable sources

Rock, will this add some spice to the Round 7 clash against the warriors???

Wouldn't think they would get the chop as they are not in the gun like Beaza was and 4/5 players on the committee so l couldn't see them giving their teammate the chop

hes a good kid who will be a player of the future in wrfl

Had to laugh when l saw the local rag when terry Cooper (albion prez) is quoted as saying looking to pick up some quality kids with character (or words to that effect). Two kids in question that have gone to Albion with sign on fees might l add have been in trouble lately with quite a bit of publicity.

Interesting................................I'm having trouble with word "quality"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back