Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course Spotty will have no youth policy! they are playing the bootom team.. all the helium heads will run around high fiving each other when they are 35 goals in front and standing over the young kids with 1/8th of their ability!
Spooty have done that for years! not againt colts etc..

Lol. No youth policy? Not sure whether you are stirring the pot for a reaction or you believe your own bullsh#t. Everybody knows Spotty give the kids a go IF they are good enough and the club is proud to have the record they do in producing good senior players from the juniors.

You say this sh#t about certain Spotty players standing over kids etc and Id love to know who you are referring to. You have made it quite clear that you think Ray does this which is crap and b4 you say Crackers, he is a stirrer and everybody knows that but he by no means stand over people, so who else are you talking about?

I dont think any team gets too excited when they are winning by large margins so to say we'd be giving high 5's when we are up by a plenty is rediculous. Maybe you are referring to d#ckhead Crackers when he kicked a couple of late goals against you guys last year when you smashed us and he was carrying on? That was silly of him and he knows that now.

Just for the record, we have 2 x 1st gamers tomorrow who played u18's last year who have EARNT their spot. As with you guys, having a strong team means that good players (young and old) have to play 2's and should only come up their form warrants it and there is a spot there. Just to let you know, Im the oldest at 29, Waldron, Richie Wilson and Kelly are 27, Simpson is 26 and everybody else is under 25 of the guys playing atm. I wouldnt have thought that was an old team but you are entitled to your opinion.

Lol. No youth policy? Not sure whether you are stirring the pot for a reaction or you believe your own bullsh#t. Everybody knows Spotty give the kids a go IF they are good enough and the club is proud to have the record they do in producing good senior players from the juniors.

You say this sh#t about certain Spotty players standing over kids etc and Id love to know who you are referring to. You have made it quite clear that you think Ray does this which is crap and b4 you say Crackers, he is a stirrer and everybody knows that but he by no means stand over people, so who else are you talking about?

I dont think any team gets too excited when they are winning by large margins so to say we'd be giving high 5's when we are up by a plenty is rediculous. Maybe you are referring to d#ckhead Crackers when he kicked a couple of late goals against you guys last year when you smashed us and he was carrying on? That was silly of him and he knows that now.

Just for the record, we have 2 x 1st gamers tomorrow who played u18's last year who have EARNT their spot. As with you guys, having a strong team means that good players (young and old) have to play 2's and should only come up their form warrants it and there is a spot there. Just to let you know, Im the oldest at 29, Waldron, Richie Wilson and Kelly are 27, Simpson is 26 and everybody else is under 25 of the guys playing atm. I wouldnt have thought that was an old team but you are entitled to your opinion.

Beazer just for the record there is wrflfan, the orginal and wrfl fan, which has a space, so the post your responding to is not a port colts person.

To footymad81, personaly we are happy to play a final anywhere and a night final is exciting, especially if other grounds are being used.
As for affiliation fees as someone stated in an earlier post i think the final figure is higher than edfl and nfl, and i feel clubs could be getting more value for money, reserve umpires, footy record, a regular updated effecient website.
The radio program is good but needs aimproving, maybe clubs could give their teams to the radio and they could discuss ins outs, name 21 plus 3 emergencies it would help thomsy talk about the game with match ups and stuff like that, at times the poor bloke has no info and just makes things up as he goes.
The web show is a more cost effective way to have a program hopefully that can become a weekly event.
I love the wrfl but i think it's in a whole at the moment, over the last few years we have had mergers, clubs fold and teams winning 2nd div premierships and not wanting to go to 1st div, then the last two years the gap in first div between the bottom and the top teams is widening.

I don't have the answers but steps need to be put in place to really even up the comp and hopefully get the wrfl a more professional competition, with more quality umpires( umps have had a good year,considering the numbers)

Beazer just for the record there is wrflfan, the orginal and wrfl fan, which has a space, so the post your responding to is not a port colts person.

To footymad81, personaly we are happy to play a final anywhere and a night final is exciting, especially if other grounds are being used.
As for affiliation fees as someone stated in an earlier post i think the final figure is higher than edfl and nfl, and i feel clubs could be getting more value for money, reserve umpires, footy record, a regular updated effecient website.
The radio program is good but needs aimproving, maybe clubs could give their teams to the radio and they could discuss ins outs, name 21 plus 3 emergencies it would help thomsy talk about the game with match ups and stuff like that, at times the poor bloke has no info and just makes things up as he goes.
The web show is a more cost effective way to have a program hopefully that can become a weekly event.
I love the wrfl but i think it's in a whole at the moment, over the last few years we have had mergers, clubs fold and teams winning 2nd div premierships and not wanting to go to 1st div, then the last two years the gap in first div between the bottom and the top teams is widening.

I don't have the answers but steps need to be put in place to really even up the comp and hopefully get the wrfl a more professional competition, with more quality umpires( umps have had a good year,considering the numbers)

I think they do a fantastic job with both radio programs, but would have to agree on the Thomsy comment.

Adam Lux and Kevin Hillier are terrific, and Thomsy adds colour to broadcasts.

Not sure how it work logistically but handing in the teams on for a Friday night preview would be great. Although, iIt has to be remembered that some clubs let the WRFL down on the administration side, which I guess will happen from time to time when run by volunteers.

You should hear Thomsy preview Div.2. Not to be cruel but he just makes it up as he goes. Has no idea. Easy to criticise I guess, would be great if we had a regular Div.2 watcher who could discuss the games.

Yeah, ta. Still meant what I said though, just directed at somebody else.

NIGHT GAME AT ST ALBAN'S.

I couldn't give a rat's a__s where the game is held so I don't believe the league should have to take abuse for that.
The issue is with the time of day.

Just a few notes on the issue.
Most will turn up to watch the senior game and struggle for parking so they'll have to run the gauntlet and park in the nearby streets, at night.
There is potential for alcohol to be consumed for five hours before the senior game starts. Even if plenty rock up for the senior game only, it's a Saturday night and most of us would have a drink or 15 on this day on the weekends anyway. What do you think is going to be the order of the afternoon? It only takes a couple of dills, as we know from the Glen Orden V Spotswood, Rage at the Bird Cage and we have problems.

The night final is a first for us but I wouldn't call it genius, a bright idea or great foresight. If anything, as an administrator you do your best to avoid worst case scenarios and our leaders at the league haven't. Forget police or security, it won't matter. If the few nuts with a skinful want to have a crack, night conditions only give them the opportunity and a sense that they won't be easily identified.

This may sound a bit alarmist but the potential for trouble is real. Not a great advertisement if things go wrong as the league is already under fire for it's violence.

Of course Spotty will have no youth policy! they are playing the bootom team.. all the helium heads will run around high fiving each other when they are 35 goals in front and standing over the young kids with 1/8th of their ability!
Spooty have done that for years! not againt colts etc..

A sure fire way to attempt to make people think that you know something about WRFL is to have a crack at Spotty about being cowards or soft. Flags and consistent finals appearances are not achieved by the cowardly or soft. Even calling Hopper's soft is without merit. Then again, maybe Rock can tell us how soft Spotty and Hoppers are. You wouldn't have a clue so don't pretend to have one. I'm sure you can find something else to rattle on about.

I think they do a fantastic job with both radio programs, but would have to agree on the Thomsy comment.

Adam Lux and Kevin Hillier are terrific, and Thomsy adds colour to broadcasts.

Not sure how it work logistically but handing in the teams on for a Friday night preview would be great. Although, iIt has to be remembered that some clubs let the WRFL down on the administration side, which I guess will happen from time to time when run by volunteers.

You should hear Thomsy preview Div.2. Not to be cruel but he just makes it up as he goes. Has no idea. Easy to criticise I guess, would be great if we had a regular Div.2 watcher who could discuss the games.
dont post it if you dont to bag him the guy does a fantastic job for div 1 radio and for the wrfl simple answer for you get out of div2 red devil and get up with the big boys and thomo will learn your players names

A sure fire way to attempt to make people think that you know something about WRFL is to have a crack at Spotty about being cowards or soft. Flags and consistent finals appearances are not achieved by the cowardly or soft. Even calling Hopper's soft is without merit. Then again, maybe Rock can tell us how soft Spotty and Hoppers are. You wouldn't have a clue so don't pretend to have one. I'm sure you can find something else to rattle on about.

Not to sure why you got me involved in this argument, but off course spotty and hoppers are not soft, both sides are very competitive and always give a hard contest, i wouldn't bother about what is written on here about who is hard and who isn't.

Not to sure why you got me involved in this argument, but off course spotty and hoppers are not soft, both sides are very competitive and always give a hard contest, i wouldn't bother about what is written on here about who is hard and who isn't.

You're the only one here that I know plays for another club. Plus, I reckon you're more likely to straight shoot. There'd be no use in asking people involved with either club.

I was the one booing you after half time 35, sounds like you missed a couple because of me, we had our golden Rooster day and forgot to come outside with our free beer. I've seen every West game and you easily have the best hands in the comp, we were saying that the Colts were watching and you missed a couple of easy ones after that...ha ha....

Number 18 was comfortably best on ground.....

Thanks for coming in for a beer after the game Spotty....cheers....

dont post it if you dont to bag him the guy does a fantastic job for div 1 radio and for the wrfl simple answer for you get out of div2 red devil and get up with the big boys and thomo will learn your players names

You must of been one of the top students at melton high :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK lets assume Spotty finish top, the night final will between colts and albion............assuming the game starts at 7.30 and finishes at 10pm. In a day final players and supporters would go back to there respective clubrooms and celebrate or commiserate and clubs would benefit financially, but how many will go back after a night game? Colts clubrooms is 40 minutes away from st albans and albion 20 minutes..........its a bad decision by the WRFL it'll cost the clubs a weeks income. Whoever thought this bright idea up is a fool and should resign immediatley. Its just mind boggling that such am idea was thought up..............:mad:

OK lets assume Spotty finish top, the night final will between colts and albion............assuming the game starts at 7.30 and finishes at 10pm. In a day final players and supporters would go back to there respective clubrooms and celebrate or commiserate and clubs would benefit financially, but how many will go back after a night game? Colts clubrooms is 40 minutes away from st albans and albion 20 minutes..........its a bad decision by the WRFL it'll cost the clubs a weeks income. Whoever thought this bright idea up is a fool and should resign immediatley. Its just mind boggling that such am idea was thought up..............:mad:

Fair point some of our best revenue comes from after finals games, but like the WRFL cares about that as long as they get paid then all is fine.

Just using your post to talk about who will finish top but while I'm at it, top job in highlighting yet another problem the night game causes.

Anyhow, what's the chances of Port finishing top due to percentage? I think it's possible due to the last two opponents of Port and Spotty.

Port has Altona and West to come. They will not only win but they will absolutely fry them. Two weeks of percentage boosts.

Spotty has St Albans at home and Albion away. Two games that are no gimme. Can't see them smashing St Albans and we all know Albion grow an extra leg on their own turf. Even if Spotty wins those games, Colts may take over via percentage.

My maths isn't great so comments regarding how bad it really is are welcome. No offense will be taken because Maths at school was catch upon sleep time for me..haha.

Don't forget the score 1 minute in....said West 0 1 1, Spotty 0 0 0....

If the siren just had of went 7 more times in the next 30 seconds....

I know that this may sound silly to some but I'll post my thoughts anyway.

Although the game was a whitewash, I was impressed with the boys from West and their hardness at the pill. They didn't look like giving up all day. It would have been easy for them to go the knuckle and turn the game into a farce but they kept going and encouraging each other.
It's easy to sink the boot into a struggling club but there was no questioning their guts.

Not sure how many fled the club after the divvy two flag and why but they should have come down to the old tip yesterday and witnessed some real G&D. Well done West, hope things get better not too far down the track.

Just using your post to talk about who will finish top but while I'm at it, top job in highlighting yet another problem the night game causes.

Anyhow, what's the chances of Port finishing top due to percentage? I think it's possible due to the last two opponents of Port and Spotty.

Port has Altona and West to come. They will not only win but they will absolutely fry them. Two weeks of percentage boosts.

Spotty has St Albans at home and Albion away. Two games that are no gimme. Can't see them smashing St Albans and we all know Albion grow an extra leg on their own turf. Even if Spotty wins those games, Colts may take over via percentage.

My maths isn't great so comments regarding how bad it really is are welcome. No offense will be taken because Maths at school was catch upon sleep time for me..haha.

I have done my maths on this and top spot for us is still very open for us, especially after a big win yesterday, it would have been alot easier if we did not allow hopperes 5 goals in the last quarter, but a great performance nne the less.
We should win very easily against west and are very hopefull of a big win this week, but we will have to be on our game and give altona a bit of respect as they do have some talent.
Then it will come down to how spotty go against st.albans and albion, both games they should win but by how much and if for some reason spotty are down in any of theses games a loss is not out of the question, then top spot will be ours.
Alot of % to make up but still very possible but most likely colts v albion first final saturday night.

I was the one booing you after half time 35, sounds like you missed a couple because of me, we had our golden Rooster day and forgot to come outside with our free beer. I've seen every West game and you easily have the best hands in the comp, we were saying that the Colts were watching and you missed a couple of easy ones after that...ha ha....

Number 18 was comfortably best on ground.....

Thanks for coming in for a beer after the game Spotty....cheers....
Sorry but Chris Brannan has the best hands in the comp

Hey Cougar great win yesterday Brannan was awsome, how did you pull up. Number 28 goes alright.

pulled up well mate didn't do a lot but dj and brannan were on fire along with squiz, thought the old backman set the scene early on but a great win for the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back