Western Sydney Jumper Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

I think mostly green and white would be a good choice:

33XVx-notre_dame_green_jersey_3.jpg

Possibly even green and silver...

Blue and black would easily be the best colours for West Sydney to se. Blue is used by Canterbury, Parramatta and Black by Wests and Penrith in the NRL. Would make sense to stick with something people are used to, also the NSW Blues obviously are blue. Makes perfect sense, also would add to the rivalry with the Swans as they are opposing colours.

im with you Mickdog..

although i really believe it should be sky blue with the black v just like the new freo jumper - go the wolves

Willo, did you read in the Poll thread that Stallions has been dropped by GWS as one of the options they are considering? Giants, Rangers, Warriors & Wolves are what they are working with now.
Interesting that GWS stallions is a listed corporate business name at the moment but the other mascot names are not.

a bit of cyber squatting from someone or is the name back on the table?

21o55x1.png

What about something like this?

I think the two-blues will prevail in the end because its (1) instantly known as NSW and (2) completely different to the Swans. Also (3) light blue isn't currently used in the AFL (Port's teal doesn't really count) so it will be as unique as Freo's purple and should be the major colour. I think the "inverted V" might also be a good idea because no-one has it at the moment and it also another design element that opposes the Swans jumper.....there's a bit of a blue mountains reference in it aswell which could be a good fit for the area.

I know its not exactly an inspired design but I think its a good fit. And if recent jumper changes in the AFL have taught us anything it's that the simple/traditional approach is almost always better.

21o55x1.png

I think the two-blues will prevail in the end because its (1) instantly known as NSW and (2) completely different to the Swans. Also (3) light blue isn't currently used in the AFL (Port's teal doesn't really count) so it will be as unique as Freo's purple and should be the major colour. I think the "inverted V" might also be a good idea because no-one has it at the moment and it also another design element that opposes the Swans jumper.....there's a bit of a blue mountains reference in it aswell which could be a good fit for the area.

I know its not exactly an inspired design but I think its a good fit. And if recent jumper changes in the AFL have taught us anything it's that the simple/traditional approach is almost always better.

Uhh ... North Melbourne?

Agree with the simple / traditional comment though. And although I don't like the design, I do lie the mountains / inverted V thinking you've got going.

21o55x1.png

Hope you don't mind me editing your design Heyzeuz

351xws6.jpg

I think you got the design right, but I think maybe some colour changes it could be a good jumper :thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

21o55x1.png

Good idea.

I hope you don't mind me using it to convey my colour preference...

And what about changing the well placed inverted 'V' into somewhat of a 'W'?

(Right click the image and click "Copy image location" and paste the URL into the address bar to see it in better quality)

24uvmkw.png

Western Sydney Wolves... c'mon guys, think about it. ;)

Not too bad - the shade of blue is probably a touch too dark (but I understand, you have to keep it darkish, otherwise you start to resemble the Power colours too much).

What about replacing the blue with darkish green?

West Sydney's colours should be blue and black and here are good reasons why:
- No other AFL team has blue and black
- Blue and Black is opposite to red and white of the Sydney Swans which will be blue and black v red and white.
- Every NRL team in Western Sydney had blue or black in their colours
- No NRL team has blue and black as their colours
- Blue and Black are simple colours but unique in Australia
- Blue symbolises NSW

University wore Black & Blue in the VFL from 1908 - 1914 (with only a 22% winning record).

University wore Black & Blue in the VFL from 1908 - 1914 (with only a 22% winning record).

I am aware University wore / wears Black with the blue 'v'.. I think the GWS should be able to still use Black and Blue as its primary colours, so long as they don't just copy the university design. A completely diff gurnsey using the same colours will be fine, though I'd encourage them to have some silver / sky blue in there as well.

I remembered that after I wrote that, but University don't exist anymore and haven't for over 90 years. There would be no controversy of West Sydney wearing black and blue

2h56xkg.png

Just a little variation on the Blue Mountains idea. I've made the white inverted V into a snow cap, with a subtle "W" at the peak of the mountain (for West Sydney, and hopefully Wolves!).

And FWIW I think Giants is rubbish!

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Sydney Jumper Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back