Western Sydney Jumper Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

2zrotwn.png

Possible WSW FC Logo :D

33c25xf.jpg

I posted this one in the footy jumpers board earlier today. It's a bit on the traditional-side but I think it works. The WSFC monogram is meant to be shaped like a football. Apparently Giants is going to be the nickname but like many people on this thread I would prefer Wolves. Here's hoping! :thumbsu:

I actually quite like the Giants name, but think you guys should avoid the double blue; here's my interpretation:

I was working on this concept before Giants was unofficially brought to the surface this week, but I thought I'd finish it off anyway.

Basically the idea centered around a personal breakthrough in a "GWS" monogram late one August night. From there, everything geometrically fell into place and I came up with the charcoal and powder blue palette and this concept:

The main logo, if you think it looks a little strange, is a negative of a Giant's chest in a quasi-shield shape, with the charcoal lines hinting at the his muscular folded arms and neck.

Can someone please whip up an orange and white coloured design?? Don't know why there isnt an orange team in the afl!!

Well firstly orange and white is way too close to red and white, belonging to their "crosstown rivals" Sydney.
Secondly, orange is a very outlandish colour that people tend to avoid at the risk of standing out too much/looking weird. I don't ever wear orange because of this but I don't mind the colour scheme you suggested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Palette I like.

Not sure about GWS, needs to go to Western Sydney asap.

Wondering about the clash, I don't hate the Giants word on the guernsey, now I'm a fan of traditional jumpers, I like a few recentley wished the Bulldogs jumper didn't have the dog on it, but I'm wondering whether we're ready for words on the jumper again like the old school Eagles jumper?

I think you're onto something, not sure about the busy almost Fremantle but with a bit more home jumper, but I like the palette and I'm intrigued by the clash in terms of its elements.

Well I'm perhaps not the best person to ask.. Something with strong colour combinations (like Black, Blue and Orange, why not..) and bold traditional styles / an simple yet powerful image (like the first jumper in this thread).
How about a black jumper with an orange 'v' and four/five evenly spaced blue lines/hoops below that..
Or a black jumper, with a blue V and silver/grey evenly spaced lines/hoops below the V..
With your jumper, the GWS logo is very clever, but the lines are too thin (implying frail-looking) and aren't an instantly recognisable pattern..
Ideally something that has similar design elements to the traditional AFL and NRL jerseys would be great for this audience, and colours (which you've already ientified) which stand out, look great and has appeal.

I hope they don't do a Gold Coast and hedge their bets, especially seeing as they'll be in the VFL next season. I think the fans need a good year to get used to the team image before they enter the comp in 2012.

I reckon most potential fans won't notice them much at all while they're still in the VFL.

Well I'm perhaps not the best person to ask.. Something with strong colour combinations (like Black, Blue and Orange, why not..) and bold traditional styles / an simple yet powerful image (like the first jumper in this thread).
How about a black jumper with an orange 'v' and four/five evenly spaced blue lines/hoops below that..
Or a black jumper, with a blue V and silver/grey evenly spaced lines/hoops below the V..
With your jumper, the GWS logo is very clever, but the lines are too thin (implying frail-looking) and aren't an instantly recognisable pattern..
Ideally something that has similar design elements to the traditional AFL and NRL jerseys would be great for this audience, and colours (which you've already ientified) which stand out, look great and has appeal.
Just threw this in the footy jumpers thread, I had the idea in my head and it didn't eventuate as well as I had hoped, but it's along the lines you're suggesting, looks traditional, but hasn't been done before.

Western_Sydney_attempt_1.jpg

Again, want to clarify I have borrowed Smeagle's logo here.

Just threw this in the footy jumpers thread, I had the idea in my head and it didn't eventuate as well as I had hoped, but it's along the lines you're suggesting, looks traditional, but hasn't been done before.

That is a very striking jumper - I like it! Though there'd have to be a clash jumper where you did something about the hoops at the bottom for games against Geelong.. But on the whole it's very good :)

Looks too much like Port Adelaide

nwkf1t.png

I'm going a bit conspiracy theory on this one. I'm thinking that the current jumper that GWS is getting around in (the blue one with the big white V with red outline) is a preview to their AFL jumper, just as the Gold Coast Suns jumper was very similar to the one used in the VFL. But since they've already stated that they won't use those colours (probably because the Doggies use them) I'm going for the obvious double blue colour scheme. I've also added a little wolf silhouette in their as well just to break it up a bit. I got the idea from the South Sydney Rabbitohs, who have their little rabbit logo on the chest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Sydney Jumper Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back