What 3 positional changes would you like to see made to our team.

Remove this Banner Ad

jaygee

Debutant
Oct 5, 2004
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Ok with the season over and the Hawks looking to next year what positional changes would you like to see Clarko make with the players positions on the ground.

First for me I would like to see Connor Nash tried at CHB for the rest of the season, it would do him well to stick to a man and be lead to the ball and punch and run all day.
Second I would like to see Jack Scrimshaw played on the wing with some time in the centre. Give this guy some space and let him kick into the forward line. Would also be a great get out of the backline with him marking.
My third change would be to see Blake Hardwick moved up forward with some stints in the middle. Would be good to see some aggression up forward of centre.
I know it’s a fourth but it would be good to see JOM of the HB too.

Also with new players to come in I would like to see Harrison Jones, Dylan Moore and Damon Greaves given ago for the rest of the year. It would make the team very inexperienced so maybe done in small doses.

Look forward to seeing other people’s ideas and let’s hope Clarko makes a few of them come to fruition

Day - short stints on the ball
O'Meara - tagger, utilise his tackling against opposition's best mid
Smith - half forward. See if he can hit the scoreboard

Greaves -back pocket
Hardwick -Fwd
O'brien -defender. He's better in that role.
Day -wing
Patton - stay at home FF.
Lewis- CHF
Morris - rest of year plays. Just has it I reckon, pace and toughness. How games were the worst two possible to play in.
Moore - Wing
Walker- FWD.
Instead of rotating the younger blokes through rotate the older blokes through. I don't want meaningless wins with Stratts, Frawley, Mcevoy, Scully, Poppy etc all playing in the side.

Day - Wing
TOB - Ruck
Frost - Ball (Strange one but a big body who runs straight lines, we just don't have any other big body who's fast and attacking, agile and hard at it, for 6 seemingly dead rubber games costs us nothing, trying it) It would also allow BillyC's JOM change, which we will need at some stage a tagger with Shells getting on in years. NB: Don't see JOM as a Chiron/Clarko etc tagger just the bloke who says when you get the footy I'll be there against big names.

Yep blood kids, but they don't have a position yet to make a positional change.

Patton starting position in the goal-square and doesn't move more than 30 metres out from goal. I don't care where his man goes.
Hardwick as a central mid-fielder but doesn't attend centre-bounces.
Dylan Moore forward pocket. Kick 2 goals or you're out next week and hello Jackson Ross.

I'm ok continuing to play Nash but as a hard-tagging defensive forward. Put him on the best intercept marker or rebounding defender and instruct him to keep his opponent to under 10 possessions or it is back to scratch matches for the rest of the year.

This was a lot easier a few years ago when the team just about picked itself. You could shuffle a few magnets around and we would still win.

Even in the 80s the hardest decision was how to fit Rod Lester-Smith in, and wouldn't it be nice to see the "kids" get a game ( Paul Harding, Steve Malaxos, Clinton Browning ).

There are more than 3 changes that desperately need to be made

Patton to FF
Lewis to CHF
Day stays on a wing
Wingard to the middle
Finn into the midfield rotation

Fresh ideas in the coaching box
Bin this rubbish game plan
Drop the damn captain, never to play again
JOM immediately appointed captain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patton to FF
Lewis to CHF
Day stays on a wing
Wingard to the middle

Nailed it.

Patton starting position in the goal-square and doesn't move more than 30 metres out from goal. I don't care where his man goes.
Hardwick as a central mid-fielder but doesn't attend centre-bounces.
Dylan Moore forward pocket. Kick 2 goals or you're out next week and hello Jackson Ross.

I'm ok continuing to play Nash but as a hard-tagging defensive forward. Put him on the best intercept marker or rebounding defender and instruct him to keep his opponent to under 10 possessions or it is back to scratch matches for the rest of the year.

This was a lot easier a few years ago when the team just about picked itself. You could shuffle a few magnets around and we would still win.

Even in the 80s the hardest decision was how to fit Rod Lester-Smith in, and wouldn't it be nice to see the "kids" get a game ( Paul Harding, Steve Malaxos, Clinton Browning ).

Funnily enough the bolded bit would probably work extremely well for the first few weeks, then less well for the next few as the oppo teams work out how to mitigate it (but probably at the expense of the effectiveness fo their game plan), until eventually game plans mature to leave Patton one-out with a defender.

If we rinse and repeat 18 times with this, the game might get back to being watchable :)

Patton to FF
Lewis to CHF
Day stays on a wing
Wingard to the middle

This 100%

I would love to see twin towers in the forward line: Lewis and the General. Patton close to goal and Lewis more mobile.

Of course, for this to be successful, our ball movement needs to quicker and more precise and our delivery to the forwards higher quality.

If this is the case, we have our new era Buddy and Roughy waiting there, wanting to happen.

I would love to see twin towers in the forward line: Lewis and the General. Patton close to goal and Lewis more mobile.

Of course, for this to be successful, our ball movement needs to quicker and more precise and our delivery to the forwards higher quality.

If this is the case, we have our new era Buddy and Roughy waiting there, wanting to happen.

This has been a big part of our problems this year. As our first choice key forwards have not been fit and played an extended time together.

Remove this Banner Ad

What 3 positional changes would you like to see made to our team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back