What a game

Remove this Banner Ad

What a brilliant game of football, the pressure was ridiculous, any side would have been a worthy winner. Any Collingwood supporter who gets on here and bloats about the win is an arseh*le, as it could have easierly gone either way. IMO the best game of the year. In this game, AFL was the winner.
Well done Hawks, great season, GREAT game, well done. You guys will be there again next year, NO DOUBT.
It wasn't until after the theme song that emotion allowed me to smile.
It is games like these that makes me proud to follow this great game.

Well said.:thumbsu: That was one hell of a match.
The sign of a real champion side is when under pressure, when they look underdone, they still grab the result.

Fantastic FINALS footy. Mistakes were made, but expected - second efforts plentiful.

Hawks outplayed Pies at the contests, Pies were a bit flat from the break. The break told in the end though as Collingwood had the run and Hawthorn couldn't quite apply as much pressure.

Cyril Rioli was amazing, and Cloke's efforts pushing up to 70-80m out in the last quarter really lifted the pies.

The roar in the pub when Buddy kicked 'that' goal - amazing.

Umps were okay - Hodge decision correct IMHO. Maybe a few too many harsh calls for HTB and fifties. Davis goal probably should have been disallowed, but those get paid very infrequently.

Awesome game. Brilliant contest.

The Hodge call was correct. He got hit on the shoulder and threw back his head playing for the free.

Should have been a free to Gibson in the goal square.

Should have been a free kick against Burgoyne for a throw.

Works both ways.

this. +1

i destroyed my glass of drink on the ground when the umpires didnt pay that.

Both teams got dodgy calls. Hawks choking and Pies capitalizing and waking up got them thewin. Hawks played awesome 90% of the time, shame someonehadto lose. But you could tell Pies were lifting at start of 4th quarter.

I almost gaveup late third quarter good thing the Pies didnt.

I think the only umpire decision I had a major problem with was the Puopolo HTB one right at the end. Hawks looked dangerous and it wasn't even there at all. Should have been a ball up.

That was not a good game. One of the most frustrating games I have seen. Umpires killed the hawks in the end. Hawthorn have the most frustrating game plan ever!! Skills were bad from the opening bounce. Scoreline is the only thing that kept me interested. HOW WAS THAT HOLDING THE BALL AGAINST PUOPOLO???? AND HODGE DIDNT GET PAID THE HIGH TACKLE THAT WOULD HAVE WON THEM THE GAME!!

First and last time I ever go for Hawthorn. The most undisciplined team. Giving away stupid free kicks all game. Gifted Collingwood the win. I hope Geelong crush them next week (Sorry West Coast, but you have to lose this for the world.) There is no fairytale from wooden spoon to runner up in my book. I will forever know you guys as the team that gifted the Pies first back to back flag in how long. Geelong proved to me that they can beat those ****

PLEASE GEELONG! BEAT THEM!!!

What a brilliant game of football, the pressure was ridiculous, any side would have been a worthy winner. Any Collingwood supporter who gets on here and bloats about the win is an arseh*le, as it could have easierly gone either way. IMO the best game of the year. In this game, AFL was the winner.
Well done Hawks, great season, GREAT game, well done. You guys will be there again next year, NO DOUBT.
It wasn't until after the theme song that emotion allowed me to smile.
It is games like these that makes me proud to follow this great game.

Well said mate, as a neutral I was glued to the game. Worthy of a Grand Final, would have been good if the whistle blowers had stayed out of it but either way a great spectacle of the best game in the world :thumbsu:

I was shaking the whole game up there in Q15.

And I know it's a hobby horse of mine, but what a great example of why all finals should be knockout. Fans love the drama of knockout games. Perform on the day or you're gone. F*** the double chance.

Admit I was going for the hawks but you can't deny this collingwood side a GF spot after their year.

Unbelievably great game well done Coll'wood. :footy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

last q needed an inspirational moment or 4 to win it, Collingwood delivers with a Dawes MK & G, then Leon ( 'finals choker' ) puts one through on the run.. bang bang.
Hawks get it fwd and Hodge takes a bigtime con grab. Mk & G. Steadier..
Collingwood- Swan (i think ) gets a clearance and Trav cloke takes that huge contested mark in50 against three haw defenders... nails the goal. massive. Then Swan, tight angle, runs off the pack, puts one through. What a lifting moment, the psyche changed at that point, 70,000 going nuts. Ball goes fwd for the hawks, after some amazing efforts and contributions from sewell, mitchell, lewis and cyril( my god they played well ) Buddy, picks up a loose ball after an epic battle all night with Taz, snaps a 1 in 50 goal! Haw look likely... then, Ball, Luke Ball, 5 goals a year Ball ...snaps truely on the left.... what a goal... brilliant moment. What a fantastic seesawing last quarter comeback.

They ll believe in themselves after that, they never gave up, and they were more efficient in the end.

The whinging about the umps in this thread is quite frankly pathetic.

There's about a 30 page thread that suggests it's not whinging and is in fact a valid concern.

Cyril Rioli was amazing

Really, wouldn't say amazing.

Amazing game.

Umpires played too big a role in the result, but Hawthorn can't blame anyone except themselves. They had the oppurtunities to put Collingwood away, but unfortunately they could not take them.

The umpiring decisions affected both teams equally, including the last qtr. In fact, the pies could have had more scoring opportunities if the correct umpiring decisions were made in the last qtr.

Well said.:thumbsu: That was one hell of a match.
The sign of a real champion side is when under pressure, when they look underdone, they still grab the result.

Which is why the pies simply deserve to be there on the last day.

If the hawks couldn't beat a team playing below standard on the night ( as everyone is suggesting), how would it play against a team playing at the top of its game in a GF......

Also, the hawks only had 2 more scoring shots, cloke kicked 3-3 and pendles kicked 3 behinds. We can say "what if" all day.

Or that there are a lot of whingers who hate the fact that Collingwood will now have a crack at going back to back next week. That couldn't be it, could it?

Get the feeling you'd be the first on the umpy thread if you'd lost.

Awesome game. Brilliant contest.

The Hodge call was correct. He got hit on the shoulder and threw back his head playing for the free.

Should have been a free to Gibson in the goal square.

Should have been a free kick against Burgoyne for a throw.

Works both ways.

Finally a True neutral who can see the game and the umpiring decisions without the usual hidden bias. Too many "neutrals" on here (and I use the term loosely) only see and comment on the decisions that effect the team they WANTED to win ignoring all other decisions.

Well I've been to both prelims and what a contrast. Awesome game Friday and ho hum warm up for the Cats. Unfortunately I think Geelong are hot favorites but Pies will fight to the death. Can't wait for Saturday.

Remove this Banner Ad

What a game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back