What are the chances of Nathan Brown playing in back to back wooden spoon sides

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty good in my opinion.

I hope Richmond fans don't think Brown is going to be the saviour of the club because he actually needs the ball coming down to him in some sort of presentable fashion for him to shine.

Besides the likes of Coughlan, Campbell, Brown, Ottens and sometimes Richardson (when he wants to be) and Gaspar Richmond have very little of class.

They chased hard for Solomon and missed out, they got Brown but look like losing Ray Hall and have gotten rid of Dragicevic - glad to see we want him.

With players the calabar of Houlihan and Pettifer still going around I can't wait for round 1.

Richmond will finish bottom IMO.

Carlton traded for ready made players and improved their list.

The Bullies get Grant and Rawlings to shore up dodgy KP depth.

Melbourne have a far better list.

The only side that might push them are Geelong IMO.

Not sure how the Tigers will finish but IMO Brown should play in the midfield, drifting down occasionally as a small forward. If Richo can pull his finger out up forward Brown should be able to play in the midfiled and still kick 30 goals. In that case Tigers shouldn't do too badly...not as well as the Doggies though of course.

I wish we got Brown. He's a very good midfielder and a goal kicker. He will be very good for Richmond. With Johnson, Brown and Caughlan they have the makings of a decent midfield. Unfortunately they've still got Campbell and Richo but thems the breaks. They won't finish last but they won't make the finals for a long time either.

Richmond actually play better when they are depleted and are under-dogs. They were 6 and 2 this year got all their players back then didn't win a game until they beat us.
Don't know who will win the spoon, too early to tell, a few injuries and close losses early in a season and anything can happen.

Originally posted by evo
Northbhoy,I had u penciled in as someone who had a clue.Might have to revise that.Once this thread is complete I would'nt mind logging it.Then again why bother,time will tell.

Heh.

Wait and see sunshine.

Originally posted by Hoggy

I hope Richmond fans don't think Brown is going to be the saviour of the club because he actually needs the ball coming down to him in some sort of presentable fashion for him to shine.

Besides the likes of Coughlan, Campbell, Brown, Ottens and sometimes Richardson (when he wants to be) and Gaspar Richmond have very little of class.

They chased hard for Solomon and missed out, they got Brown but look like losing Ray Hall and have gotten rid of Dragicevic - glad to see we want him.

With players the calabar of Houlihan and Pettifer still going around I can't wait for round 1.

What the fu@k would you know Piggy

Originally posted by Hoggy

Hey Hoggy, i think you should just be more concerned about how your rabble of a club is actually going to improve given the total inactivity during trade period. Oh hang on, you got pick 35 in exchange for heath scotland. Now that will help you catch up to the Lions. Same collingwood team, same result IF you make another GF. Dragicevic is a great kid with a lot of enthusiasm but reality is he's had a shocking run with injuries and with two major reconstructions to the same led, he simply won't realise his potential. The club has supported him tremendously and unfortunately football is a cut throat industry and clubs have to recruit players who will improve results.

As for Richmond, it's good to see Frawley making changes and I'm sure he'd make more if the rules of the AFL allowed it. Sure Nathan Brown won't be the saviour of our club be he's sure adds a hell of a lot of skill and strength to both the midfield and the forward line. I bet you wouldn't mind him at collingwood.

I'm confident players like rhodan, krakouer, mcgrath, zantuck, newman, tivendale will all improve even more next year and personally, I can't wait for the season to start. And going on the words of Eddie McCollingwobble, collingwood had a breathtaking year this year. It sure was after seeing the grand final!!!

Melbourne will be first past the post.
Richmond a close second, followed by the Bullies.

Originally posted by evo
Northbhoy,I had u penciled in as someone who had a clue.Might have to revise that.Once this thread is complete I would'nt mind logging it.Then again why bother,time will tell.

How 'bout you tell me why you won't finish bottom.

As I said, every club that finished in the bottom 5 will get better next year, except Richmond IMO.

Gasper is out until mid year, Holland is mediocre, but he is a big body who can play CHB, and he is gone. Your defense has holes everywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the chances of Richmond finshing out of the bottom 3 are about as good as Mick Martyn getting picked up in the draft again

they will be crap again just like the last 20 years

Originally posted by Captain Blood
You can honestly see Carlton finishing above these 3?

Carton and the Bulldogs will drag themselves off the bottom - not very far, but off the bottom nevertheless.

Re: Re: What are the chances of Nathan Brown playing in back to back wooden spoon sides

Originally posted by itsintheblood
Hey Hoggy, i think you should just be more concerned about how your rabble of a club is actually going to improve given the total inactivity during trade period.

All that needs to be said. ^

How is a rabble of a club that finished 2nd compared to your ****weak excuse for a club that dead set should be relegated and let a real club in like Northcote Park.

Re: Re: What are the chances of Nathan Brown playing in back to back wooden spoon sides

Originally posted by Captain Blood
What the fu@k would you know Piggy

Enough to get past my bias unlike your good self.

Why don't all you so called Nostrodamus's worry about your own team.
As far as the tigers are concerned if they finish last so what, they still have more supporters than some of your sorry clubs.

So until 2004 comes around and games are played, don't worry about the mighty tiges they'll do just fine.:D

Big chance of last place if Frawley continues to play Richo on the wing like he did at the end of last season.

If Ottens gets fit, Richo plays forward, Stafford plays ruck ... throw Nathan Brown in to the mix and they should go all right. IMO Brown will have to play in the middle far more than he did at the Bullies, to give Richmond more drive in the centre.

They have to improve on 2003 ... surely?

Didnt know that Gas would be out until half way through the year. Without Holland as well now, they will prolly struggle a bit in the backline for most of the year.

Richmond can finish last, but it will depend on Ottens or Stafford getting injured. When both of these guys play it adds a lot to Richmond's play. When one is out it takes away all the advantages. For mine I expect them to come 11th.

16th Carlton
15th Geelong
14th Melbourne
13th North
12th Dogs

Just my opinion

I think Carlton will finish last, with North not far behind. Carlton did not trade well they secured a group of sound VFL footballers, and i reckon North are ready for a big fall, often the case with a second year coach with little to work with.
Tigers will be ok (courtesy of a very good forward line) and the bulldogs will improve (Rawlings and Grant additons in key posts), Geelong havn't finished in the bottom four for 15 years and i dont expect them to fall any lower or improve dramatically. Mid Table again sadly.

Remove this Banner Ad

What are the chances of Nathan Brown playing in back to back wooden spoon sides

Remove this Banner Ad

Back