What are the moments in AFL that you will never forget?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aside from the premierships,

James Hirds last qtr against west coast, most dominant performance I have seen by a player.

[YOUTUBE]yx7898r_5j8[/YOUTUBE]

The last five minutes of the 2009 anzac day game. Lovetts game breaking runs and obviously the ending.

[YOUTUBE]Y8T2cW1V6XY[/YOUTUBE]

And this, no premiership without this.

[YOUTUBE]DvH5yPHOaVg[/YOUTUBE]

-Bartels point after the siren in 2009.
-Being able to soak on the atmosphere knowing we've broken the drought.
-The final siren of the 2009 GF
-Soaking in the atmosphere knowing that we've won our 3rd flag in 5 years.
-The final siren of the 2007 PF (the feeling was just as good as the GF wins).
-Beating Richmond by 157.
-Beating Melbourne be 186.

Tarrant after the siren vs adelaide. Great to be there. The crows fans didn't say a word after the game.

Prelim vs Adelaide in 02. It was just a party atmosphere all day long and we always felt like we'd won.

And of course last years GF replay. After all that went on the week before it was a huge relief knowing we'd pretty much won by half time.

I could spend all day going through others.

Hawks vs Blues in 09 the epitome of a great Saturday afternoon game in Melbourne. Big crowd just after Dick Pratt died i think and Roughead kicked 8 or so and the Blues were making a mini comeback. Lance Franklin shoulda had a 50 against him but ump didn't pay. Armfield runs through the middle long kick to Fevola and when he marked the Carlton fans went CRAZY. Kick siren post. Epic game. Really recommend watching on YouTube.

Also Essendon vs Carlton 2008 sat night shootout I think Lloydy kicked 5 and the bombers won by about 5 points.

Ben cousins story.

Nick Davis plus commentary.

Undefeated saints vs undefeated Cats still the biggest ever HA game for me.

And i really love exciting underdog wins like when the bombers beat Saints a couple years back.

And for some reason i find it hard to forget those Pavlich misses in 2008 and all those close games.

Drawn final between the eagles and the Pies at Subi a few years back.
My brother and myself are the only supporters in the stand going for the Pies.
Copping it left,right and centre from every one.
Drawn at the final siren,crowd doesnt know what to do or say.
Then we realise its extra time and the Pies kick away with it.
The BEST time Ive ever experienced at footy.
No body wanted to sing the song with me though,
so I sung it out loud and proud, "Good old Collingwood for ever.......":thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One moment will always stand out to me.
93 prelim final Bombers V Crows.
Essendons 3rd quarter comeback being 42 points down at half time reached a point when Mercuri kicked a goal about mid quarter.

The roar of the crowd when that goal was kicked I have never ever heard anything like it and any sporting event anywhere. And that is my reaction watching on TV, I can only imagine what that was like at the ground.

Been to 5 grand finals and 7 prelims since then and have not heard anything close to that.

The roar from that goal was something i'll always remember also. Good pick up. Pendlebury's first quarter goal against the Cats in the 2010 prelim matches it for noise.:thumbsu:

Like most Saints supporters I'll never forget the moment Goddard flew from the clouds to take that screamer in the 2010 drawn GF. Moments don't get much more awesome than that, just a pity we didn't go on to win it.

[YOUTUBE]FmJksGFvc8E[/YOUTUBE]

Will also never forget when St Kilda came back from about 5 goals down at three quarter time against West Coast in 1998. We looked beaten all day and then pulled out a win from nowhere with Gavin Mitchell kicking the winning goal from a controversial holding the ball free kick against McIntosh. I was sitting near the West Coast cheer squad and had been copping it all day from them so after we got up I didn't hesitate to return serve with relish.

Essendon's magnificent comeback in the final quarter of 1984 GF.
Gary Buckenara's kick after the siren in 1987 PF.
The bruising and epic 1989 GF between Hawthorn and Geelong.
Teddy Whitten's farewell lap around the MCG in 1995. Very emotional stuff.
Tony Lockett breaking Gordon Coventry record of 1299 goals in 1999
Essendon's dominant and record breaking season in 2000.
Leo Barry's premiership winning mark in 2005 GF.
The epic drawn GF in 2010 between Collingwood and St.Kilda.

1. 2009 GF. In a London pub wearing 35 when Chappy kicked the winning goal and won Normy. Awesome day.

2. Day I watched North/Hawks overtime final at Waverley then headed to the G to watch Billy kick the goal after the siren against the doggies.

3. Day I picked a FootyQuad. Came down to WC who were winning by more than I needed. They took the foot off in the last 2 mins and gave up 2 goals for the win.

4. 2011 GF. Loaded up on Varcoe to kick the 1st goal. After 15 secs I knew it was to be the cats day as I'd picked the 1st goalkicker in 07 and 09 but not in 08. Never watched a GF with such calm. Even when we were down in the 2nd I still thought we'd win. Was a surreal feeling as I'm usually a nervous mess.

Remove this Banner Ad

What are the moments in AFL that you will never forget?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back