What are the moments in AFL that you will never forget?

Remove this Banner Ad

at first i thought oh god not another one of these - but they are great to reminisce, especially moments you forget.

limiting it to moments i was there................

ross brewers goal over the head to win the 1981 FS....'right in front of me' :p
the final siren going at kardinia park r22 1982 - finally a win.
colin robertson shirtfront on tim watson 1983 GF...again 'right in front of me'
the final siren 1990 GF - and waiting for the earth to open up and swallow us all :eek:
telling eddie mcguire to get a real job, during time on in the 92 GF ;)
many of the amazing moments of hird & carey for their entire careers.
justin maddens goal on the run :eek: at waverley with rehn chasing.
in the tab at the G at half time in the 97 GF, without a cent in my pocket - the crows @ $5.50 were certainties
the carey & lloyd show in 99
in the tab at the G at half time in the 2010 STK v Geel game - the saints @ $5 were certainties, and this time i had cash - lots of it :D

and so many many more.

Two of the greatest times I've had at a match.
[youtube]_wGzx_rXNy4[/youtube]

Sitting on the wing for those goals was probably the most excited i've ever been at a game. The TV footage of the goal doesn't give it justice

Sitting on the wing for those goals was probably the most excited i've ever been at a game. The TV footage of the goal doesn't give it justice

You don't have to be a Hawks supporter to appreciate that. Brings a tear to the eye.

The Lockett point and the euphoria amongst the players and supporters was something else.

Shaun Smith mark: I jumped out of my chair as is I'd been charged by 10,000 volts.

The siren at the end of the 1999 Prelim.
Been through winning Grand Finals, but nothing topped being at the ground for that moment.
Recall putting both arms out, tilting my head skywards and listening to the angels. Heaven has never been so close. :)

[YOUTUBE]JxOQDa5epVk[/YOUTUBE]

Chris ****ing Bryan.

Him and Richards rucking essentially cost us the game. Bryan misses that goal, Ottens tears us a new one and Richards is the one that misses the Ablett tackle to put you up 11 points late in the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picketts running goal from 50 in the first 30 seconds of the 04 QF against Geelong. At that moment, I knew there would be no choking in 2004.

Locketts behind after the siren in the 96 PF.

For pure emotion the Jason McCartney return/retirement and Troy Broadridge memoral games were very moving moments.

As a Swans fan: Tony Lockett breaking the record, Nick Davis Come to Save Us and probably the best moment ever was Lockett's goal to put us in the GF in 96. I thought the SCG was going to fall down.
I really loved our win this year at Geelong too.
Loved the 2005 GF win of course but it was waaayyyyyy too stressful to really enjoy and the after match is just a big happy blur.

for the swans: nick davis' last qtr in the semi, cresswell slapping his knee back into place, *that* paul kelly kick against the roos in the 96 grand final.

others: the hird mark and goal which kick-started the bombers in the comeback game vs kangaroos. didaks 3 goals in 2 minutes vs eagles. lights blowing out at waverley park in the ess v stk game.

Hawks vs Blues in 09 the epitome of a great Saturday afternoon game in Melbourne. Big crowd just after Dick Pratt died i think and Roughead kicked 8 or so and the Blues were making a mini comeback. Lance Franklin shoulda had a 50 against him but ump didn't pay. Armfield runs through the middle long kick to Fevola and when he marked the Carlton fans went CRAZY. Kick siren post. Epic game. Really recommend watching on YouTube.

Round 6 2009 that was. We were 25 points down with about 8 minutes to go in the last. Fev kicked 8 as well.

I was at that game and from where I was sitting it looked like it had sailed through so naturally me and all the other Carlton fans went crazy. Everyone went absoloutely mental. I think that is the loudest i've ever heard the MCG while i've been at a game, it was deafening.

F*cking brilliant, brilliant game of footy.

Not sure what year but I think it was Neale Danihers last game as coach when Scott Lucas kicked a goal with less then 10 seconds left after all looked lost
and 2 consecutive games in 06 when we beat WC and Sydney both by 1 point
This is just from memory so dates might be wrong

Throwing marshmallows at Kevin Sheedy.

[youtube]38DVpvVIO-0[/youtube]

[youtube]KTgiW77c-WY&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]bUhhHA-AJvc&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]OXs9r4NfitA&feature=related[/youtube]

also Fletch vs Carlton this year - The Goal and THE chase down!

Remove this Banner Ad

What are the moments in AFL that you will never forget?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back