What are the odds...

Remove this Banner Ad

NW2

Team Captain
Western Bulldogs - Honeychurch/Austin/Prudden Player Sponsor 2014 Western Bulldogs - Christian Howard/Mark Austin Player Sponsor 2013 Western Bulldogs - Christian Howard/Mark Austin 2012 Player Sponsor Western Bulldogs - Ryan Hargrave 2006 Player Sponsor
Dec 27, 2002
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I was just in a bakery in Maida Vale (NW London) and I met a fellow Bulldogs supporter - he recognised me because I was wearing my jumper with the bulldogs logo. I thought I was the only bulldogs supporter over here (I take it you're back in Oz londonbulldog.)

It's a bit sad but this is the most exciting thing that's happened to me all week.

This is up there with the time I met someone in Memphis who was from Footscray.

I was in a bar in downtown Zagreb (thats in Croatia) late in 1996. There was a poster on a side wall that caught my eye. A full A1 size poster of Dougie Hawkins in celebration mode.

Suffice to say I was greatly impressed.

Will be in Zagreb next month for a couple of days during a weeks tour of Croatia.
Where is this bar? Sounds like it could be worth a visit.

one of my favourite stories is from when I was a kid travelling with my parents in Europe (1980 I think). I had this Footscray coat that I used to wear everywhere - red, white and blue with clubbadge on chest. I was on this famous bridge in Venice (can't remember what its called) with Mum & Dad when I looked through the crowd to see another kid wearing exactly the same Footscray coat. Unbeleivable!!!! I raced over to have a chat. It turned out he was from Melbourne also however the catch was he barracked for Collingwood. His Grandma had bought him the coat and there were no Pies ones left so she got him a Footscray one coz she liked the colours!!!!!! Cracker stuff!!! :)

Last summer I was waiting to catch a train into Chicago to go to a Cubs game. I was dressed in my Doggies t-shirt for luck(didn't have it that day). As the train pulled in I noticed a guy wearing a Swans jumper just down the platform! I asked him if he was Australian... but no, he was an American and only had been to Sydney, gone to a Swans match and bought the jumper. I live in a rather small suburb and was just astonished I'd see anything AFL here.

Oh... I gave up wearing Doggies gear to the Cubs games. I think we went 0-4 in games I wore Doggie stuff to. Last week I wore my Melbourne Storm jumper and we won. I'm going to wear it again on Monday when I see the Cubs play the Mets. I wore the jumper to the Storm's Premiership at Stadium Australia in 1999 and to the Melbourne Town Hall when they had the joint celebration with the Kangaroos after their AFL Premiership. It's never been washed. Must have retained some of the Storm's magic last week from 1999... errr..... besides some 1999 body odour! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

What are the odds...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back