what can be done to fix the sun

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like they're getting the window tinted for the Opposition coach's box.

Was talking to my brother at the Kangaroos game how awesome it would be to havestands connected up, filling all of the gaps and then add some decent lighting... Night footy at KP!.. I even went a little overboard and suggested finals footy there, hey a man can dream can't he?

Phat said:
Looking forward to the Freo beanies again.

freomock0ko.jpg

This would be the game where your blokes were disappearing into the rooms for hot toddies?

As far as I'm concerned, the topic is moot. The sun doesn't shine in Geelong.

milo said:
This would be the game where your blokes were disappearing into the rooms for hot toddies?

Yep.

Also the same game that we smashed you both physically and on the scoreboard.

How often does a team have their score TRIPLED?

Phat said:
Yep.

Also the same game that we smashed you both physically and on the scoreboard.

How often does a team have their score TRIPLED?

Not sure, but with us it's likely to happen at any time.

Wish I could be over in sunny Geelong this week, not to watch us win (because as far as I know hell hasn't frozen over), but to get 3/4 tanked and abuse the carp out of Des "Softy" Headland.

Can someone fill in for me?

milo said:
Wish I could be over in sunny Geelong this week, not to watch us win (because as far as I know hell hasn't frozen over), but to get 3/4 tanked and abuse the carp out of Des "Softy" Headland.

Can someone fill in for me?

I'd put my hand up, but booing opposition players isn't usually my go.

Although i may make an exception for Jeffrey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

iameviljez said:
Quite frankly - and I don't think that a lot of Geelong supporters would disagree with me - I don't really have much of a problem leaving it the way it is. :D
That's because you are a bunch of cheats.

Bomber : " OK lads, the gameplan is to turn off the hot water and make sure the sun's in the other coach's eyes."

Sign Billy Brownless up as the oficial team blimp.
Float him above the ground to create a temporary eclipse for every home game.
Think of the advertising revenue there is a lot of space for adds.
Its win win

Are architects in short supply in Geelong these days?.

Seriously when making any building alterations, you would think that the "powers who be" would like at all the issues including the positioning of coaches boxes and their view of the ground.

Coaching from the boundary line, that is real footy.

Heard Cooky on Sport 927 this morning say that some of the possibilities at the moment include putting a large air-balloon on top of the social club to block out the afternoon sun or move the coaches box back to the other side.

The old coaches box is currenty used by the P.A., so some work would have to be done to relocate if that is the go.

Cook said he had spoken to the AFL on Friday and no official complaint had yet been made.

Sounds like it has a lot to do with the Geelong Council though, as they had most of the say in the design etc. of the stand.

LongBomb said:
HAHA - "Large air balloon" - is this for real? :D

LOL bring back the Whitmans blimp.

Thumbs up Cooky, thinking outside the square.

Surely we would be laughing stocks, using a large balloon to block the sun instead of admitting our mistake and moving the box. Where does it all end - you will need someone employed to move the balloon as the sun will be in different positions as the year wears on.

VOTE #1 LARGE BALLOON

Hawk Dork said:
Sign Billy Brownless up as the oficial team blimp.
Float him above the ground to create a temporary eclipse for every home game.
Think of the advertising revenue there is a lot of space for adds.
Its win win
See I thought of it first though and should get a cut of the action

Remove this Banner Ad

what can be done to fix the sun

Remove this Banner Ad

Back