What do other Bomber supporters do in the off season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, this is ****ed, I hate not having the Bombers play on the weekend, can't theorise on how the matchups may go, no supercoach, no Rugby League, not drinking towards anything other than being drunk. No Michael Hurley, No Dyson Heppell, no David Zaharakis, no Direct Debits for membership, no attractive woman on Bomber Show, no gay bacon strips.

WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE DO?!?!

I'm a heavy man city fan, so for the first time in..well..EVER..my AFL off season is looking pretty eventful 

But yeah I get the sentiment, sucks major balls 

Honestly, this is ****ed, I hate not having the Bombers play on the weekend, can't theorise on how the matchups may go, no supercoach, no Rugby League, not drinking towards anything other than being drunk. No Michael Hurley, No Dyson Heppell, no David Zaharakis, no Direct Debits for membership, no attractive woman on Bomber Show, no gay bacon strips.

WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE DO?!?!

Yeah seeing as my glory days have passed me by, the off season is now longer than ever.
If the club does nothing in the trade period then it's gonna be a long summer.
If they rape & pillage some quality players from unsuspecting clubs, then i'll happily be planning our undoubted rise to the top & the impending downfall of our foe's all summer long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've taken a break from drinking for 2 years until I finish my course so I'll be hitting the bottle pretty hard until I start work again in January.

Apart from being a booze hound, my footy methadone program consists of the A-league, premier league, socceroos and the cricket.

Haha! All good responses, my glorydays are over (mentally) age wise they're probably not, damn frontal lobe developing at 25.
I reckon I will play Rugby League in the summer, as that's how it's done in Tassie, heaps of the Aussie Rules players and Rugby Union players now do that to keep fit in the summer, getting quite big down here now.
I probably should do some work over the summer, but hey, I am a Uni student, the big break is there so I take it!
I guess I just have to try to enjoy a summer of the Australian Cricket Team still walking onto the field assuming that they don't have to do the hard yards to win a cricket game like back in the early 2000's and late 90's. How long will it take for them to realise they're a 2nd rate team now?

This is my first offseason. I already don't like it.

On the bright side, I live in Vegas, so I am fairly confident I can find something to distract me. If that fails, I can always scream at the TV with my dad as we watch college football and the NFL. :p

watch the cricket and when we start getting belted, watch old VFL games on videotape!

Pretty much watch the Premier League.. Newcastle unbeaten in their first 6 games.

Used to watch a fair bit of cricket but I'm less interested now. Might go to the new Big Bash 20/20 games. Probably support the Etihad team. No idea why.

Spring Racing Carnival is one of my favourite times of the year. Seriously considering heading down to the last Saturday of the Flemington Carnival to watch Black Caviar live. I watched Makybe Diva win her third Melbourne Cup live so I want to witness another once in a generation horse live.

Cricket. Suddenly with India being thrashed by the poms recently, I have hope we might be able to compete with them. Should still wipe the floor with the Kiwis.

Apart from that, counting down the days 'til Round 1 2012! Can't get into the NAB Cup.

I'll be watching Liverpool....but it's hard to get used to not having footy on Fri night, sat arvo, sat night, sun night and even mon night (NRL) - the EPL is always on at stupid o clock so its not the same.

It usually takes me a while to get back into the cricket but I'll definitely be watching the tests this summer. Actually, I love being out on a road trip listening to Kerry O'Keefe and co in the car.

Remove this Banner Ad

What do other Bomber supporters do in the off season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back