Autopsy "What Do We Say To The God of Death?" - Freo Keep Season Alive Against Gc

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve just watched replay.

Jye Amiss (my buddy!) is an absolute cracker. Playing with maturity beyond his years. Once he builds his body so he can’t be pushed off the ball as easily, watch out. Already seems to have multiple ways of giving himself the opportunity to score or set up scores himself. So good.

Michael Walters, take a bow. If someone has a line on eternal youth elixir, please get him some - we need hi to play for at least 5 more years.

loved the fight in the second half when season was on the line.

Ok, it’s against the Gold Coast but a win is a win.

Praising Mr Banfield.

Has had a strong season amongst some of the wreckage. Watched him do some very clever things up forward last night to open up space for Jye and Co to get to work.

Also thought his leadership after his goal with 2 minutes on the clock was stellar, immediately shifted from celebration to getting in the ears of the forwards to push back to flood the backline to shut down the game, commentators picked it up about a minute and a half later what we'd done, and it was Banners that made that happen. 👍

I’ve just watched replay.

Jye Amiss (my buddy!) is an absolute cracker. Playing with maturity beyond his years. Once he builds his body so he can’t be pushed off the ball as easily, watch out. Already seems to have multiple ways of giving himself the opportunity to score or set up scores himself. So good.
Loved his contest and mark for that shot tight on the boundary late.

Was bodied out of the contest by Ballard who thought he'd done enough, then Jye worked back hard to the contest to make it back and then soared in front with a strong contested grab at full extension right out in front like we haven't seen since Pav had shoulders.

giphy.webp

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Random question

Can anyone name the eight players that have played for Gold Coast & Freo?

1. Lachie Weller
2. Sam Collins
3. Barlow
4. Will Brodie

Off the top of my head

To me Jordan Clark seems to be playing below the standard he set last season.

To me Jordan Clark seems to be playing below the standard he set last season.
Yeh. Missing that drive from the backline. We should avoid Ryan, moose or Cox kicking from the backline. When they intercept they should be looking to handball to running players like young, Walker or clark

Watched the 2nd half last night & agree there was definitely a concerted effort to move the ball on quicker with at least a player running by out of the back half from a mark or free.

This quicker action allowed spaces to remain open further up the field to hit a secondary kick or put it into space to our advantage. The slow movement of the first half & earlier games just allows opposition zones to set up & cause the bomb down the line that didn’t happen as often in the 2nd half.

The other point was the ground size, we were made to use the corridor & our forwards were made to lead into the dangerous space instead of looking & leading wider. Some good lessons last night.

Finally, even though we lost the free kick count, apart from a couple of errors, I thought the umpires did a very good job & Eleni umpired very very well.
Eleni umpired very very well.
Ignoring her bounces...

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy "What Do We Say To The God of Death?" - Freo Keep Season Alive Against Gc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back