Autopsy "What Do We Say To The God of Death?" - Freo Keep Season Alive Against Gc

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, you're right as well, he's a shadow of himself which is frustrating because Caleb is playing out of his skin right now and we need both firing on all cylinders. Brayshaw is playing poorly for Player MVP standards.

I wonder if he's not still getting over that Covid from pre-season
Based on what I heard from Haselby he is playing with a knee issue that is restricting some of his training.. He is off just a little as a result..

Johnson is a gun.

His goal was very important not only for the game result but it also seems to have brought some passion back
Yep forget the goal, his movement in traffic was Pendlebury-like. Actually scratch that he reminds me even more of Nick Dal Santo.

Nick Dal Santo movement, Pendlebury kicking.

Any thoughts on Wagner's debut? He had a 'mare 1st quarter. Seemed to get better. Does he get another run next week?

The mistakes and fluff kicks are one thing, it can happen. What concerned me was how easy he got bodied off the ball. We didn't even get the promised run! Put it this way what do sot of AFL player is Paul Duffield if he can't kick? (Not an AFL player being the answer for the inattentive or young)

Serious question. Isn’t Darcy Lobb not far off Darcy Jackson. We kinda know the format. And if we persevered with that combo wasn’t it a good idea to pick up a 21 year old with the same attributes? Not picking on you I just don’t post much and you bought it up. Serious question though.

I think Jackson provides so much more around the ground than Lobb, that kick on his left on the last is something Lobb could never pull off. Lobb is just a standard forward/ruck, maybe we could do with a big body up forward but the Jackson and Darcy combo is deadly cos they each provide stuff the other doesn't

I’ve been a Tabs supporter but Amiss as our 1st forward looked really good. To the point where he may be our Jack Riewoldt type for the next 250 games.
Sturt should not come out and needs 4 or 5 games to work with Amiss and create our new forward structure
Johnson will be a ripper looking at his early plays and class around the stoppage
Two years ago I said Serong will win our next Brownlow…… come at me doubters..
Great to see some spirit and hopefully we can take this forward with the stronger opposition teams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amiss actually knowing where when to lead.

Orgasm Face GIF by Alissandra

Yep forget the goal, his movement in traffic was Pendlebury-like. Actually scratch that he reminds me even more of Nick Dal Santo.

Nick Dal Santo movement, Pendlebury kicking.
Watching the replay already like the nerd I am and I didnt appreciate how good he was. He is EXACTLY what our midfield needs. Needs 50 games asap, going to be such a player

Hindsight has 20/20 but that’s the sort of team we should’ve been rolling out from round 1, especially up forward.

Amiss, Sturt, Walters are all forwards who look to create. Johnson is class. I actually thought Banfield played well, Hughes too. Everyone was on the same page by the end & we started to roll.

I can sort of understand giving Taberner a crack first up but honestly he shouldn’t play again. The difference with forwards who know where to lead & how to kick to each other.

Guys like Shultz & Freddy can get off the chain because Amiss, Sturt, Walters are demanding attention with pace & football IQ.

Walker should always play. Clark & Young started taking it on too.

Chapman probably needs to come into the mids now. Johnson stays & Ras steps in soon.

Then it’s starting to look like a football team.

Aish, Serong, Darcy, Brodie are amazing. I think Brayshaw is fine too. Not sure what others are watching.

Oh & Jackson. I believe.
A solid Post.

I will be sad when Taberner retires.

Yeah he is 29. But we were all begging for Taberner to play a full 22 games or even at least 20 games in any season between 2017-2022.

Schulz and Freddy will be our 2 main goal scoring small forwards. Schulz and Frederick could be this decades Ballantyne and Walters.

Schulz is similar to Ballantyne: a mature aged small forward that can kick 30-40 goals a season.

Frederick is like Walters. He has pace and can play on a forward flank or wing. No issues with him kicking 25-30 goals a season.

I am glad Sturt finally got a full game for the 1st time in a very long time

Watching the replay already like the nerd I am and I didnt appreciate how good he was. He is EXACTLY what our midfield needs. Needs 50 games asap, going to be such a player
I'm more bullish on MJ than I am Amiss and Serong. He's going to be that good.

I was thinking Pendles as well. Has time and space at his beckoning it would appear early on.
Matt is faster than Pendlebury.

Seeing him from behind standing on the wing beside full sized mids and he looks like their older brother.

You can see why people were so excited about getting him. Didn't think he'd make it past pick five.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy "What Do We Say To The God of Death?" - Freo Keep Season Alive Against Gc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back