Prediction What do you think we are getting ready for?

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone catch the Hawthorn FC womens team announcement? Will be playing in the Women's VFL league with Geelong. Article was quickly taken down

Story from the HUN,

HAWTHORN will field a team in the VFL women’s competition next year as it takes its first steps towards a push into AFLW.

Confirming its commitment to women’s football, the club’s women’s team will compete under the banner of the Box Hill Hawks.

While Hawthorn opted not to lodge an application for an AFL women’s team for 2017, chief executive Stuart Fox said this was the next step in furthering the club’s women’s strategy.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...7/news-story/5fc1c73ed3dba3bd52fc40839c2f74dd

ghostbusters%2B3%2Bcats%2Band%2Bdogs%2Bliving%2Btogether.jpg

Sheesh, I'm gone having beers for a couple hours and this thread turns into a shit storm. That wasn't foreseeable.

Can anyone tell me what happened today?

She is lost without her Bupa injury reports with Fagan?

Why the meltdowns in here? Its just a stupid marketing campaign. Is it really worth a ban?

Yikes.

The snake thing was a winner though !!

image.jpeg
Would have been exciting if we became sponsored by Qantas and had Hawthorn livery painted on the aircraft!

Hawthorn, the spirit of Australia!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was meant as a personal attack, and you know it. You inferred that he had a low IQ. That's more of a personal attack than my statement that you were having a bit of a Richmond style melt over a simple membership campaign.

Thanks for catching that for me 89', I'm having a slow brain day/year/life.:p

...but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?

El Dorades eunt domus

Could have been worse. The Binghamton Mets (a farm team for the New York Mets) decided to change their name. They had a fan vote and came up with this apparent shortlist of cracking names including:

Bullheads
Gobblers
Rocking Horses
Rumble Ponies
Stud Muffins
Timber Jockeys

From that list of underwhelming and downright comical choices they settled on Rumble Ponies - and had a huge buildup to the winning name being unveiled.

Needless to say that Rumble Ponies hasn't gone down well with people at all with numerous comments on their FB page stating people would no longer attend games/follow the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction What do you think we are getting ready for?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back