What is your favorite PPV of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns
Completed a thread search and there was a similar topic all the way back in 2001 on Bigfooty. :eek: Anyways this board is more active than ever and the title says it all.

I was a huge WCW fan back in the day (rarely watched the WWF) and mine would probably have to be Halloween Havoc 1998. It didn't have 5 star matches, or an abundance of good wrestling at all, but its probably the most entertaining PPV i've seen. Goldbergs match with DDP, the Rick Steiner stuff, Sting stretcher job and the hot opener between Raven and Jericho.

But a few weeks back I started watching WWF PPV's starting at 1996 and my lord, Canadian Stampede was a slobberknocker of a PPV. Not sure I have seen a better wrestling show in all my time. I'll stick with HH98 just, but its on points. :p

How about you blokes? (and women.... and Rose :p).

WM 17.

Stone Cold v The Rock
Undertaker v HHH
Benoit v Angle
TLC II (The best TLC ever)
Vince v Shane
and a few more good matches.

Up and down the card it was (save for the Gimmick Battle Royale) one great match after another. I have a soft spot for WM22 and the 2001 King of the Ring purely for the Angle v Shane street fight, which sits comfortably in my top 5 matches of all time.

Also WM10 for THE ladder match. And maybe Bad Blood with the HIAC and the debut of Kane.

WM 17.

Stone Cold v The Rock
Undertaker v HHH
Benoit v Angle
Vince v Shane

Up and down the card it was (save for the Gimmick Battle Royale) one great match after another. I have a soft spot for WM22 and the 2001 King of the Ring purely for the Angle v Shane street fight, which sits comfortably in my top 5 matches of all time.

Also WM10 for THE ladder match. And maybe Bad Blood with the HIAC and the debut of Kane.

This.
I remember at the time i was loving the WWE and a mate of mine taped this PPV on his VCR. I reckon i have watched it 20 times.

Just recently watched WMX7 and forgot how good it was. RR00 was another good one with the tag team tables match, Tazz's debut and the street fight between HHH and Cactus was incredible, plus The Rock won the rumble.

WM 17.

Stone Cold v The Rock
Undertaker v HHH
Benoit v Angle
Vince v Shane

What was so good about WM22? Is it just because it was like a tribute to Eddie?

ECW ONS '05 and '06
MITB 2011
WM X7
WM XIX
KOTR 2001 (Angle vs. McMahon street fight)
RR 2000 (Triple H vs. Cactus Jack street fight and NAO vs. Acolytes)
No Way Out 2001

WM 17.

Stone Cold v The Rock
Undertaker v HHH
Benoit v Angle
Vince v Shane

Up and down the card it was (save for the Gimmick Battle Royale) one great match after another.
9 great matches on that card.

Too bad about Eddie vs Test and the Gimmick Battle Royal :(
Just recently watched WMX7 and forgot how good it was. RR00 was another good one with the tag team tables match, Tazz's debut and the street fight between HHH and Cactus was incredible, plus The Rock won the rumble.
Would be the best over above if it wasn't for Mae Young mentally scaring me from watching that PPV again :eek:

I can't take Mark Henry seriously as the world's strongest man when he can't even hold back an old lady!!!!!!!!

Wrestlemania 22 - got the DVD and absolutely love the show top to bottom an awesome event
Wrestlemania X-seven - self explanatory
Wrestlemania XIX - pushes X-seven as the best of all time
Backlash 2000 - Mainevent, nuff said.
Survivor Series 2002 - Again, great card top to bottom, great NYC crowd.
Survivor Series 2003 - So many good matches, mainevent a let down though.

ecw-one-night-stand-2006-dvd-cover_0.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always had a soft spot for No Mercy 2002.

Jericho & Christian vs Booker T & Goldust
RVD vs Ric Flair
Triple H vs Kane
Angle & Benoit vs Rey Mysterio & Edge for the newly created Smackdown Tag Team Championship
Trish vs Victoria
Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker in Hell in a Cell.

I would say Wrestlemania XIX

Rock Vs Austin
Brock Vs Angle
Vince Vs Hogan
Michaels Vs Jericho
HHH Vs Booker

Rock and Austin is one my favourite matches of all time, two biggest wrestlers of my generations and just loved the build up with Heel Hollywood Rock.

Great American Bash, 1989. Flair vs Funk, a War Games cage match, Steamboat carrying Luger to a 4* match, Sting vs Muta and a fun undercard.

I've got a soft spot for the early WrestleManias (1 through 5) even though they're wildly uneven, they coincide with my initial interest in wrestling so I enjoy them for the nostalgia aspect. WrestleMania 2000 simply because I was there live. Canadian Stampede was also great. The first ECW Heatwave was a cracking card too.

I've always had a soft spot for No Mercy 2002.

Jericho & Christian vs Booker T & Goldust
RVD vs Ric Flair
Triple H vs Kane
Angle & Benoit vs Rey Mysterio & Edge for the newly created Smackdown Tag Team Championship
Trish vs Victoria
Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker in Hell in a Cell.

This was a seriously excellent PPV .... gets my vote too!!
Booker and Goldust and Jericho and Christian were great tag teams!

Great American Bash, 1989. Flair vs Funk, a War Games cage match, Steamboat carrying Luger to a 4* match, Sting vs Muta and a fun undercard.

I've got a soft spot for the early WrestleManias (1 through 5) even though they're wildly uneven, they coincide with my initial interest in wrestling so I enjoy them for the nostalgia aspect. WrestleMania 2000 simply because I was there live. Canadian Stampede was also great. The first ECW Heatwave was a cracking card too.

Canadian Stampede must have the most insane crowd of any WWF event ever.

Wrestlemania XIX
l_353015_dfb5a21e.jpg

Cruiserweight Championship: Matt Hardy vs. Rey Mysterio.
Undertaker vs. Big Show & A-Train.
World Tag Team Championship: Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas vs. Los Guerreros vs. Chris Benoit & Rhyno.
Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho - Possibly my favorite match of all time.
World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H vs. Booker T.
Vince McMahon vs. Hulk Hogan.
The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin - Heel Rock is the greatest character of all time.
Undisputed Championship: Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle.

After April 2nd 2012.....
00002.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

What is your favorite PPV of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back