What the supporters want - A message to Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

Next sit down with this board I would like think we bring up the punishments for our Tippett scandal versus the systematic doping of an entire team and the unfairness of it. That it should be brought up.
Also, someone needs to stand up and call out the AFL for what the are. I'm worried for our sports future if the same people stay in charge.

Next sit down with this board I would like think we bring up the punishments for our Tippett scandal versus the systematic doping of an entire team and the unfairness of it. That it should be brought up.
Also, someone needs to stand up and call out the AFL for what the are. I'm worried for our sports future if the same people stay in charge.
am I alone in thinking that Essendon are getting far more reamed than we ever were? (whether it's deserved or not is subjective)

I mean yeah it sucks that we don't have a quality couple of kids coming through that would just now be starting to shine, but we aren't in any danger of folding due to what will be crippling debt, or losing half a team worth of players for a year or losing members and sponsorship

am I alone in thinking that Essendon are getting far more reamed than we ever were? (whether it's deserved or not is subjective)

I mean yeah it sucks that we don't have a quality couple of kids coming through that would just now be starting to shine, but we aren't in any danger of folding due to what will be crippling debt, or losing half a team worth of players for a year or losing members and sponsorship
I couldn't care less about our punishment now. It happened. Future punishments for other offences should be scaled against it, however. Doping your team is 10 times worse than what we did. And they haven't even been punished as much as we have been. That's wrong.

They are not losing any sponsors. All their fines have been paid for by their insurance cover. They aren't losing players. They are getting top ups. They are one of the richer clubs around at the moment apparently. They 'lost' draft picks which were then granted back to them later in the draft. We lost the picks and that was it, no end of round replacement like they got.

They are getting nowhere reamed the way they should be.

They are not losing any sponsors. All their fines have been paid for by their insurance cover. They aren't losing players. They are getting top ups. They are one of the richer clubs around at the moment apparently. They 'lost' draft picks which were then granted back to them later in the draft. We lost the picks and that was it, no end of round replacement like they got.

Completely agree.

Fines are irreverent. I would have happily written off one year and kept our first round picks and what we should have received for Tippett.

Incredible that they only lost a pick and a fine for what they did.

Last edited:
Completely agree.

Fines are irreverent. I would have happily written off one year and kept our first round picks and what we should have received for Tippett.

Incredible that they only lost a pick and a fine for what they did.

And the AFL thinks that is the harshest punishment of all time for not keeping some records. Be found guilty of systematically doping players under your care which results in them being banned from competition. Nope, no need to punish them 'further'.

And the AFL thinks that is the harshest punishment of all time for not keeping some records. Be found guilty of systematically doping players under your care which results in them being banned from competition. Nope, no need to punish them 'further'.
Cleanout needed at afl house

Further what essendon did tarnishing the Afl brand using experimental illegal drugs on players as guinea pigs was at least 10x worse than a 3rd party salary payment undisclosed.

These don't even compare, yet our penalties were worse. I'm not complaining about our penalties as we got what we deserved- though more should have been aimed at the admin than the club... But efc have got off lightly so far.

Cleanout needed at afl house
Think we know why the fat controller took his early payout... Along with the obscene 'performance' bonus...

Hey Fages, how are we going with an inner city watering hole/club rooms? I'm unable to get out to the West Lakes wasteland after a game.
Agree i want club rooms where i can have a pub meal and a beer and be surrounded by crows memorabilia, fellow crow flogs and all proceeds going to the club. We are 25 years old wtf is taking so long.

Give us your ideas for something soft then.:D

I Always think of the Crows when I hear this. It's obscure, a bit indy and a little bit 'modern' (maybe too much so), but it has a real whimsical feel, a bit like the 'Murder of Crows' themes we're going with lately.

Lyrics are a little serious, but I think they work for the most part. They show that sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but you do it all under your colours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL are fully complicit in the cover-up/dodging tactics and won't want to expose themselves further. Sadly Gillon was, I believe, right on top of all the wheeling and dealing from the very outset. If the AFL commission etc... had any guts he would be held to account and removed. The handling from the AFL has been amateurish manipulation and best and disgracefully dishonest at worst.

I emailed Trigg about the Essendon penalties when they first occurred. He agreed that he felt the Crows were harshly dealt with compared to what Essendon got and said they were formulating a response to the AFL, but I guess they didn't bother or the AFL didn't give a shit. That certainly won't change now.

AFL are fully complicit in the cover-up/dodging tactics and won't want to expose themselves further. Sadly Gillon was, I believe, right on top of all the wheeling and dealing from the very outset. If the AFL commission etc... had any guts he would be held to account and removed. The handling from the AFL has been amateurish manipulation and best and disgracefully dishonest at worst.

And as long as the public focussed in the direction pointed to by Caro, they'd stand every chance of getting out without a nick or a cut. I can't be sure of the dates, but I wouldn't be surprised if Anderson didn't depart ahead of this and why Vlad and the commission opted for someone firmly inside the tent.

I emailed Trigg about the Essendon penalties when they first occurred. He agreed that he felt the Crows were harshly dealt with compared to what Essendon got and said they were formulating a response to the AFL, but I guess they didn't bother or the AFL didn't give a shit. That certainly won't change now.

Actually our club was the one to instigate the move against Paul Little when he thought the other clubs hated the AFL like he did. Chapman called the meeting with Gordon and one of the other Club Presidents, who then basically told the AFL to tell Paul Little to pull his head in. Little backed off. That was our club that instigated that. Caro reported it at the time and while Gordon was the 'spokesperson', she was very strong that the instigator and driver was Chapman.

Actually our club was the one to instigate the move against Paul Little when he thought the other clubs hated the AFL like he did. Chapman called the meeting with Gordon and one of the other Club Presidents, who then basically told the AFL to tell Paul Little to pull his head in. Little backed off. That was our club that instigated that. Caro reported it at the time and while Gordon was the 'spokesperson', she was very strong that the instigator and driver was Chapman.
Has the latest events made you think that the AFL is sad for appointing a self serving judiciary and sweeping a pile of pooh under the carpet only to have it overturned ten months later. A better run organising body should have accepted their lot back then and done what is necessary and in compliance with clean codes. It's a disgrace that our highest league administrators let it get to this. For fear of their cushy jobs and media rights seems a likely motivation for subterfuge.

Has the latest events made you think that the AFL is sad for appointing a self serving judiciary and sweeping a pile of pooh under the carpet only to have it overturned ten months later. A better run organising body should have accepted their lot back then and done what is necessary and in compliance with clean codes. It's a disgrace that our highest league administrators let it get to this. For fear of their cushy jobs and media rights seems a likely motivation for subterfuge.

They learnt nothing from our debacle. Own up, cop your whack and move on. Maintaining innocence even after the penalties implies you've lost your way and few want to be involved with that.

Hard to believe our draft penalties were harsher than essendons. Yes, this truly is a national competition.

Fagan, along with all the other CEO's, must mount a strong public campaign to ensure, as an absolute minimum sanction, Essendon do not get a 1st round 2016 pick. Personally, I'd make it 1st and 2nd but that would be a bridge too far for the corrupt AFL.

Is this what Kochie is trying to claim credit for?

I am ashamed that Gillon is from SA. He is a blight on this great state.
Think he considers himself Victorian like Cornsey considers himself a South Aussie... though I just destroyed my argument as Cornsey isn't much better!

Remove this Banner Ad

What the supporters want - A message to Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back