What the supporters want - A message to Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

CAn someone confirm for me which guernsey we'll be wearing in the round 19 game at home v Essendon? I'm getting the feeling it's an away strip?
What?

Can't be. We'd have to boycott the game if we're ever forced to wear an away strip at home.

Sounds more like you've been pegged as a trouble maker.

I believe the term is "agitator"

once you guys have pushed all the guernsey changes through you should start campaigning for refusing to wear the clash guernsey in away games unless a genuine clash occurs.

whatever the money making exercise around selling clash guernseys is I'm sure it pales in significance to the unity, branding power and "consistent messaging" you'd get from playing in our great guernsey wherever we go.

as much as our new white guernsey is an improvement on the last 5 years worth of efforts could you really imagine running out on Grand Final day wearing something like that? It's a joke, and the AFL have the nerve to let Collingwood and North Melbourne run out in tops that are practically identical. The whole league should band together and put clash guernseys on strike until the rules about their use are softened or the "predominately white" rules are applied to ALL the clubs (I'm looking at you Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon...)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-11/dons-new-red-clash-jumper-honours-club-legend-tim-watson

Essendon will wear the heritage guernsey against Port Adelaide in round three, St Kilda in round nine, Fremantle in round 11 and Richmond in round 17.

(we're round 19)

I appear to have put 2 and 2 together and got "moon landing conspiracy". I conflated these articles into "they're not wearing the 'blood-stained-from-excessive-injections' guernsey in round 19, therefore we must be wearing our clash guernsey"

So long as the AFL think Essendon's usual strip won't clash with our excellent strip, we're fine.

I believe the term is "agitator"

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-11/dons-new-red-clash-jumper-honours-club-legend-tim-watson

Essendon will wear the heritage guernsey against Port Adelaide in round three, St Kilda in round nine, Fremantle in round 11 and Richmond in round 17.

(we're round 19)

I appear to have put 2 and 2 together and got "moon landing conspiracy". I conflated these articles into "they're not wearing the 'blood-stained-from-excessive-injections' guernsey in round 19, therefore we must be wearing our clash guernsey"

So long as the AFL think Essendon's usual strip won't clash with our excellent strip, we're fine.
alternatively, essendons guernsey doesn't clash with ours, so they will wear white shorts with their ordinary Guernsey

279679_gl.jpg

could make a case for either argument

once you guys have pushed all the guernsey changes through you should start campaigning for refusing to wear the clash guernsey in away games unless a genuine clash occurs.

whatever the money making exercise around selling clash guernseys is I'm sure it pales in significance to the unity, branding power and "consistent messaging" you'd get from playing in our great guernsey wherever we go.

as much as our new white guernsey is an improvement on the last 5 years worth of efforts could you really imagine running out on Grand Final day wearing something like that? It's a joke, and the AFL have the nerve to let Collingwood and North Melbourne run out in tops that are practically identical. The whole league should band together and put clash guernseys on strike until the rules about their use are softened or the "predominately white" rules are applied to ALL the clubs (I'm looking at you Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon...)
Fages spoke at length on his views on clash guernseys. His opinions are not much different than most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

alternatively, essendons guernsey doesn't clash with ours, so they will wear white shorts with their ordinary Guernsey

279679_gl.jpg

could make a case for either argument
Non statistical role perfectly captured.

But the podcast might be able to get an interview with him at some stage this year. I'm sure we will have a chat about the move from Brisbane to Adelaide.
Good point and hopefully it's of interest to people that the podcast is being supported by the club and we can therefore look forward to presenting some great content this year

Remove this Banner Ad

What the supporters want - A message to Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back