What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your Sunday morning is going too well you may want to waste three minutes of your life taking in this hot take.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ri...l/news-story/5166b7f6b6cd5b0675316dd4bf4f3f24

"Not only did September suck, there is also a distinct feeling among fans not wearing yellow and black (or red, white and blue last season) the AFL has produced two pretty ordinary premiers in the past two seasons."

The 'journalist' is on Twitter so feel free to offer a critique of his work.

The premiers are better than the 17 other clubs, so if they are ordinary premiers I'm not sure what it says about the other teams.

If your Sunday morning is going too well you may want to waste three minutes of your life taking in this hot take.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ri...l/news-story/5166b7f6b6cd5b0675316dd4bf4f3f24

"Not only did September suck, there is also a distinct feeling among fans not wearing yellow and black (or red, white and blue last season) the AFL has produced two pretty ordinary premiers in the past two seasons."

The 'journalist' is on Twitter so feel free to offer a critique of his work.
Wish there was a comments section under his article. Guy has no soul and no understanding of what a footy club means to people. If all we were interested in was the best team for the whole year we'd go to watch Adelaide for the home and away season in 2017 and not bother about our own. And why have a finals series at all. Just be like premier league and award it to whoever finishes top of the ladder (even that's not fair as no one plays every team twice. Suspect he might be a GWS supporter.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Wish there was a comments section under his article. Guy has no soul and no understanding of what a footy club means to people. If all we were interested in was the best team for the whole year we'd go to watch Adelaide for the home and away season in 2017 and not bother about our own. And why have a finals series at all. Just be like premier league and award it to whoever finishes top of the ladder (even that's not fair as no one plays every team twice. Suspect he might be a GWS supporter.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
That author also said the Boyd deal was the worst in history. Bit of a moron.

Ordinary premier is better than ordinary runner-up, far better than ordinary non-finalist and far, far better than ordinary wooden spoon.

or·di·nar·y - what is commonplace or standard.

I would be happy for it to be commonplace that we won the GF.

It’s such BS and shows he had no real feel for the game.
How could it possibly be bad for the game that in two years two long premiership droughts are broken. Only someone seriously stupid could suggest that.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lost, thankfully ,in all the bull shit articles was a small piece by ****wit Denham in the Oz on Friday. Very small opinion piece saying the umpires owed us a better performance after the 2016 GF. He never gives up..

Also Greg Baum’s article in today’s Age saying along the lines how Richmond’s premiership was a better story than ours.

I’m just don’t see the need to compare. All premierships are unique

Regardless of how anyone else sees it, I'll take a premiership from seventh which includes two interstate finals and two epics than a premiership from the top 4 with 3 decisive wins. Richmond were a good side all year with a good injury run. We limped into the finals playing with broken backs and broken ankles. I honestly doubt any premiership in AFL/VFL history beats 2016.

Also Greg Baum’s article in today’s Age saying along the lines how Richmond’s premiership was a better story than ours.

His idea of a "better premiership" is maintaining the old VFL status quo, and the traditional top four play off. So boring.

Regardless of how anyone else sees it, I'll take a premiership from seventh which includes two interstate finals and two epics than a premiership from the top 4 with 3 decisive wins. Richmond were a good side all year with a good injury run. We limped into the finals playing with broken backs and broken ankles. I honestly doubt any premiership in AFL/VFL history beats 2016.
This. Also, unless I'm greatly mistaken, Richmond copied their superior gameplay (and story) directly from us. That's like saying a photocopy of the Mona Lisa is better than the original.

This. Also, unless I'm greatly mistaken, Richmond copied their superior gameplay (and story) directly from us. That's like saying a photocopy of the Mona Lisa is better than the original.
They admitted copying the lot! From game style to post-game speeches and "emotions". Good on them for the decisive win but hey, nothing will surpass the freshness and spontaneity of our GF. We didn't copy anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They admitted copying the lot! From game style to post-game speeches and "emotions". Good on them for the decisive win but hey, nothing will surpass the freshness and spontaneity of our GF. We didn't copy anyone.

Hopefully they continue to copy us and have a 2017 season next year.

The same Greg Baum who wrote an artictle suggesting we get favoured by the umps and did in the Grand Final. He is not a fan of us.

The same Greg Baum who wrote an artictle suggesting we get favoured by the umps and did in the Grand Final. He is not a fan of us.

He also said during mid-2016 that Bulldogs, Saints, Demons supporters will never see their team win a grand final. He was wrong just a few months later.

Edit: it was actually Greg Denham that said that on SEN. Both knobs though

Sydney in Grand final may have had something to do with that as well. 4 times the population of Adelaide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And most of Sydney's population don't give a crap about sport.

And those that do care about Sport league, union and soccer are ahead of AFL.

I'm not going to compare premierships, but if I did I could say the Bulldogs beat four teams that had won at least 16 games during the home and away season compared to Richmond who beat none.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well....Adelaide who finished top this year would have finished 7th last year....but I still say that's nothing to do with what Richmond did. They beat who was put in front of them and that's all that matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back