What will you do when we win our second Premiership?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kinda shattered that in 2009 and 2010 I was in my prime...19 and 20 years old respectively and really without a worry in the world.

I fear that the next time we get a chance I might not have the same opportunity to 'let my hair down'.

Although I did have to go on a week long fieldtrip the day after last years drawn Granny. Had to be at uni by 7. The plan was either A) if we win, get ridiculously drunk, probably get a tattoo and hopefully wake up somewhere near uni or B) if we lose, get ridiculously drunk, not get a tattoo and hopefully wake up somewhere near uni...

Didn't have a plan C :/

But yeah, I'll never drink during any Grand Final we're in. Most likely a lot afterwards...

It would be the best day of my life. NO ALCOHOL as I want to remember every bloody second of it.

I can die happy when we win our second premiership, I don't care about anything else.

I fear that the next time we get a chance I might not have the same opportunity to 'let my hair down'.

You probs won't have any left anyway.

I'm 19 now (jesus, I remember being 12 and certain we would win 1), before 30 would be good. Any GF celebrations after that would be just tragic.

I didn't drink during the GFs and I don't remember shit. I didn't even know there was a 'magical' toe poke in the 09 GF. Raged when I found out it was that twat Scarlett who did it. Only thing I remember from the past 3 is that mother****ing **** rag of a bounce. ****ing rude.

What I'd do? Anything, everything, all of the above. Though I get the feel that I need to bet/arrange something embarrassing, completely unlike me to do to jinx us into winning one. All these safe bets like tats and painted fences are not helping the cause.

I just hope we win one before my first prostate exam :D I can barely remember anything from the grand finals either, just Lenny's goal and BJ's mark in the draw, the smother on Roo in the replay and Milne and Schneid's misses in the 09 GF. TBH I didn't watch that much of the replay, once I saw we were going to get smashed I left the house and had a cry. Terrible bloody feeling to lose a grand final, I can't imagine what the players would feel.

Good question. I thought we'd done it last year. I had a huge smile on my face, I was hugging my kids and I felt a huge weight was about to be lifted from me. I thought that once we had won I would jump around the house, act crazy, then clam down and relax. After these feelings passed I felt a huge numbness and dread.

I have always planned to have the St Kilda shield tattooed on my chest over my heart maybe with the year subtitled (in case we win more than one).

I will be drunk for a month and will probably end up in Vegas celebrating somehow. But then again by time it will realistically happen ill be drunk on cups of tea or something.....

I'll crack open the bottle of Johnny Blue I've got on the shelf, fire up a nice cigar and just relax in the recliner and watch the wrap up show. How we won. Why we won. The start of a dynasty. All the crap the media talks about after the GF that I usually dismiss, I will lap it all up.

I'll look back on the season. The highs and lows. Those magic moments. I'll look forward to a summer of gloating and being able to win any arguement with the unbeatable; "Yeah, so? Who won the flag?" defence.

I'll spend some time on here, telling stories of where I was for each breath taking second while at the same time watching Kildonan and the boys hand out cards to the opposition like it was fukn candy. We might even see the ban hammer dropped!

Then, when it's all said and done and the sun begins to set, I'll go upstairs and get on top of the missus. Just because I can ;):thumbsu::D

Haha Benchy. After about 2 months of footy this year (so we were looking at a bottom 4 finish) I said to a mate 'I'll do a mohawk for the entire week if we make the Grand Final'

Would have been very, very happy if I had a mohawk right now :(

I remember quite a lot from the 09 grand final. Probably the most being Chapman's goal soaring over my head...Had no idea what the Milney bounce looked like but what was right behind BJ's mark. Don't think I've ever jumped higher or hugged one of my best friends harder...before somewhat landing on a Collingwood supporter standing in front of me... :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember quite a lot from the 09 grand final. Probably the most being Chapman's goal soaring over my head...Had no idea what the Milney bounce looked like but what was right behind BJ's mark. Don't think I've ever jumped higher or hugged one of my best friends harder...before somewhat landing on a Collingwood supporter standing in front of me... :D

BJ's mark, I hugged a random, it seemed appropriate at the time that the excuse "I'm a Saints supporter" would get me out of any strife for spontaneous hugging.

The bounce with Milney, was akin to being shot on in my case since I've had a shard of glass go straight through my foot once, that.

Scarletts toepoke, I was on the couch, my sister vacated the room, I was filthy.

Chapman? At the time all I could think of was how I would love to be there, and jump the fence just to punch that man in the hamstring.

These are all different thoughts with being mid 20's than mid teens at 1997, spending a week dressing up the front of the house having cars drive past beeping support, getting chased by a swarm of bees because I stapled too close to their hive "what's this furry thing? *peers* OMGWTFBBQAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH" and then simply cried when Adelaide won.

For me, I'd get ridiculously drunk, try to crack onto a few birds and hopefully go to sleep somewhere with a massive smile on my face...

Drink about 20 bottles of water, piss on the Lexus Centre, AFL House, Skilled Stadium, then drive across the border and piss on Footy Park.

After that I'll do a Harves and get smashed only to find myself on a mattress in the street the next morning.

I'll prob shit myself. I set a fast pace boozing in 2009 & 2010. If we hadve won I'd have ramped it up further. A nude run swinging my saints guernsey was on the cards both years.

I'm now 29 and expecting to be 39 before we challenge again - but I will repeat my late 20's form for sure.

I will then go buy a copy of the game as my memory will be blank:)

I had the most terrific bender of my entire life the night of the Drawn Grand Final. Sure, an adventure like the one I had throughout Melbourne that weekend would have been even more fantastic if I was going at it knowing we had won, but I still thank the mysterious football gods for not ruining that experience for me by having the pain of a loss hang over me the whole time through it.

Alas, all I can do now is wait until the Gold Coast and Western Sydney dynasties are over. Hopefully the club will retain the hard work and professional conduct that got them to the big dance in the past few years. Swing enough times and you'll hit it. I'm only 19 - I just feel for the older fans I see at games more than for myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

What will you do when we win our second Premiership?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back