What will you do when we win our second Premiership?

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Saints won the flag I would take my nephews and nieces who are long-suffering Saints supporters out for lunch..:)

Unfortunately it is more likely that I wake up during the presentation and realise it has all been a dream ;)

I'd do the exact same thing as '09. Well almost.

As soon as Geel got 7 points up I began to ingest a very large portion of scotch then sat on the floor in the corner for about 2 hours drinking and not talking to anyone trying to kill the pain.

If we won, I'd have a celebratory drink, watch the boys get their medals and the cup, watch until the match is over, watch the news, and then get right back down to drinking myself into a deliriously happy stupor.

I imagine that sort of happiness is great. I honestly can't think of a time in my life that would equal how I imagine that feels.

Being a Saints fan sucks :thumbsdown:

Although I did have to go on a week long fieldtrip the day after last years drawn Granny. Had to be at uni by 7. The plan was either A) if we win, get ridiculously drunk, probably get a tattoo and hopefully wake up somewhere near uni or B) if we lose, get ridiculously drunk, not get a tattoo and hopefully wake up somewhere near uni...

This wouldnt of been ESC2132 would it?

Oktoberfest in Munich. It is the only thing for it. I have been waiting for 10 years to marry the two. Just hope it happens.

Sauce, I watched the drawn grand final at Ned Kellys Bar in Munich.
Was in the beer tents all day the day before and stayed out until 2am that night, up at 3.30am and was outside the bar queuing up at 4am. Was like a kid at Christmas, probably a good thing we didnt win it, I am not sure I would have made it home.

Sorry people you need to stop dreaming............ it will never happen........

We are the most amaturish club in the world :thumbsdown:

Sorry people you need to stop dreaming............ it will never happen........

We are the most amaturish club in the world :thumbsdown:

Says the loser who thinks delisting the best players for random draft picks and bringing back Lovett would improve the team.
If you were running it you would be correct.

As far as Nettlfold goes, I consider he is very business like and professional, especially compared to some of the media clowns fronting other clubs.

I'm not going to delete Zman's original post just because he is overly negative however I did delete the stupid responses after it.

Stick to the topic and take it to Bay 13 if you insist on childish arguments.

Oktoberfest in Munich. It is the only thing for it. I have been waiting for 10 years to marry the two. Just hope it happens.

I missed the opening day of Oktoberfest in 2008 because I was too busy listening to St Kilda vs Hawthorn preliminary final. Game finished at about midday and could not get into a tent all day.

Was not a great day!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Says the loser who thinks delisting the best players for random draft picks and bringing back Lovett would improve the team.
If you were running it you would be correct.

As far as Nettlfold goes, I consider he is very business like and professional, especially compared to some of the media clowns fronting other clubs.

Trust me the loser ain't definitely me maybe you but I don't know you that well. The Lovett thing was a joke.... Trading one of out aging stars is a must for us IMO necessary to rebuilt the list quicker if you think westway and nettlfold are doing a bang up job we differ again.

I have been to every GF in the last 20 yrs Inc 97 and having viewed how hard is to win one I simply believe we wil never reach that mountain

Trust me the loser ain't definitely me maybe you but I don't know you that well. The Lovett thing was a joke.... Trading one of out aging stars is a must for us IMO necessary to rebuilt the list quicker if you think westway and nettlfold are doing a bang up job we differ again.

I have been to every GF in the last 20 yrs Inc 97 and having viewed how hard is to win one I simply believe we wil never reach that mountain

If you really believe we will never win one why would you continue to follow us or football for that matter, i love the St.Kilda footy club, always have i too have been at every GF in my lifetime (excluding one) including night GF's, have a family connection with the club, i even went to play at our VFL aligned club when i was playing in spite of it being an hours drive for me, but if i didn't believe we could win a premiership i wouldnt follow football, i would watch and have a passing interest in the season overall but i wouldn't see the point in investing my energy into it. Your attitude and belief in the club is very ordinary IMO and i cant say i understand why you would waste your time posting on a board about a club you have no faith in.

Well seeing as I said in both 2009 and 2010 I'd get a tattoo to honour it, I'm sure that'd be in line.

I don't even know what I'd do to be honest.

I've been a Saints diehard since I was about 5 years old, I am now 25 and I've probably wondered "what if" for just about my whole life.

I'd probably end up going on such a bender (unintentionally) that i'd kill myself jumping off a bridge or something, under the impression I had wings.

The True Sainters one and all. Zman you are a bit of a worry though. Me. Last year I drove 2000km in a Dewoo borrowed from a friend ( now that is pain ) to get to the replay and that with one functioning leg. I was so sure we would win after seeing Maxwell's desperation verses Roo's coolness. I just wanted so much to be part of the celebrations with my fellow Sainters.
My mate and I crashed North's first flag celebrations at the Old Southern Cross Hotel. Noone gave a shit it was so happy, everyone totally smashed. I can still see Keith Greig blind drunk slumped in this big chair trying to make conversation but just not able to speak. Or when the Pies won in 1990 my best mate dragged me to Victoria Park, seriously a scene like it I never expect to see again. The whole oval at least 20,000 supporters there, all drunk. There were guys pissing and shitting in their pants, the ground was 6" thick in vomit, cans, bodies, garbage. Hence the name given to the Pies..."The Filth" is very apt.
What would I do if we won, well "The Handicapper" would be in for a few weeks of hell as I watched the game over and over again. Get a tat no doubt. And smile. Just a simple all knowing all satisfying smile.
When BJ took that mark it felt like a lifetime of destiny had been fulfilled. Weather that feeling would come back again I doubt. What has happened though is my soul has been tempered after the tears of the 09' loss ( I ****ing hate you Chapman) and the replay. I really don't know how I would feel. Maybe I am now to scared to let go like I did in 09 and 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

What will you do when we win our second Premiership?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back