What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

How can the Federal Government overide the State's in this?

Unless you have the Constitutional Basis for this, you are purposely and knowingly spreading misinformation
Here’s an idea … they could build off shore nuclear plants with out state approval.. 🤣🤣🤣

Oh shit they might…

Unless you have the Constitutional Basis for this, you are purposely and knowingly spreading misinformation
States change governments all the time.

It would also take a brave state government to go against a policy that their constituents voted for federally. Every energy cost hike or black-out will be sheeted home to that state government.

Pray tell when will this mythical step down in price occur because real life examples from not just Australia but everywhere else suggest that it is completely the opposite.

Incorrect. Norway is run almost entirely on renewables and the price has gone down from 54 Euros per GWh to 30 Euros between 2019 and 2024.

The most coal-dependent country, India, has had their energy prices go up by 50% 2013-2023. Australia's has only gone up by 40% in the same period.

Power prices will come down dramatically in Australia when storage has increased. We are nearing enough renewables generation, we just need to be able to store for peaks and the price will drop and flatline near-indefinitely.

Nuclear energy prices will forever increase as the price of fissionable material and waste storage will never go down.

It would also take a brave state government to go against a policy that their constituents voted for federally. Every energy cost hike or black-out will be sheeted home to that state government.
Victoria hasn't voted majority Libs federally for decades.

Moving uranium and nuclear waste from Latrobe through Melbourne (City Road is the hazardous waste route) to somewhere else in the country isn't going to be a vote winner.

Victoria hasn't voted majority Libs federally for decades.

Moving uranium and nuclear waste from Latrobe through Melbourne (City Road is the hazardous waste route) to somewhere else in the country isn't going to be a vote winner.
Oh please.

If every other country in the world can manage those types of logistical questions, then I'm sure we can too.

The next Federal Election is before the next Victorian one

Do you think that Victoria will swing to the Coalition both Federally and State in the next 2 years?

What about the Independents in Victoria?

Did the fortune teller say you will meet a tall dark stanger too?

Incorrect. Norway is run almost entirely on renewables and the price has gone down from 54 Euros per GWh to 30 Euros between 2019 and 2024.

The most coal-dependent country, India, has had their energy prices go up by 50% 2013-2023. Australia's has only gone up by 40% in the same period.

Power prices will come down dramatically in Australia when storage has increased. We are nearing enough renewables generation, we just need to be able to store for peaks and the price will drop and flatline near-indefinitely.

Nuclear energy prices will forever increase as the price of fissionable material and waste storage will never go down.
This is from 2022 however it clearly shows Norway is not 100% renewable.

When will storage increase?

We have nowhere near enough renewables generation. The other day in Victoria it was less than 3% being an overcast, still day.

It’s like he knows it would never happen

Their energy policy is to have no policy
100%
  • Nimby's go nuts.
  • Dutton can't do anything about it - "it's not my fault".
  • All renewable investment leaves Australia forever because there is no grid to support it.
  • Australia gets locked in to coal and gas forever
  • US miners profit
This is the most UN-AUSTRALIAN policy imaginable.

It is all a ruse to protect the interests of foreign owned mines who PAY LITTLE TO NO TAX.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and it's a fiction nuclear is cheaper than renewables. it's a fiction it'll fix the issue as it'll take decades to build them, not to mention the inherent dangers.

The next Federal Election is before the next Victorian one

Do you think that Victoria will swing to the Coalition both Federally and State in the next 2 years?

What about the Independents in Victoria?

Did the fortune teller say you will meet a tall dark stanger too?
Strange - most renewable people rely totally on predictions and what may or may not happen.
The targets of 2030 and 2050 illustrate that perfectly.

We are finally seeing real world meet fairy-tale world.

Nah its not in play this is usually a lib/nat seat.

i genuinely think the scare campaign will be in huge force due to the lack of capability of Duttons to have the conversation i wouldnt be suprised if Radioactive Man runs in the seats.
WA is already sick to death of the Libs telling them how things should be.

I'm sure they are thrilled that the Libs are now telling them they are getting nuclear.

Political suicide.

yep! as zali stegall who is from the right has written the statement from 'thug' lacks detail and is full of lies. we can thank the mainstream media (notably the horeshit factory that is newscorpse) for “providing the air time and the lack of scrutiny that makes today possible”

There is a nuclear reactor in someone's backyard right now - Lucas Heights. Plus right throughout Europe, the US, Canada - basically every developed country in the world. Why are we special?

People will see right through that scare campaign.
Lucas Heights is a ****ing toy.

I think going full transparency is a more achievable outcome than full prohibition. I am of the opinion that you'll never stop the attempts at influencing.

On the other hand, a rather unpopular suggestion for trying to make elected officials influence-proof may be to pay them more so they're not as reliant on a paycheck post parliamentary-career.

I don't deny the enormous influence. I just think it's largely unavoidable.
full transparency has not worked. the evidence is conclusive.

WA is already sick to death of the Libs telling them how things should be.
You say that, yet the polls are showing WA is swinging more and more to the Liberals by the day.

I'm sure they are thrilled that the Libs are now telling them they are getting nuclear.

Political suicide.
Yet the polls say most Australians are favorable towards nuclear energy.

Sounds like you have no idea, champ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back