What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

It should be criminal to try and **** up your country for the future.
be nice if political advertising was also required to be factual
the fact they can lie without consequence in ads helps them get away with this shit

You could use exactly the same arguments for renewables.
Hardly a hard hitting article but of course one that is expected from Remeikis.
We must wait for hard hitting articles from Coorey, Van Onselen or Greg Sheridan which will probable be written by the LNP and they just take their logo off the top.

Thats your opinion
Precisely which part of my post is "opinion"?

That coal and gas mining in Australia is 86/87% foreign owned?

Or that HECS contributes move revenue to the federal budget than the Petroleum Resources Rent Tax?
Can you please stop with these juvenile conspiracy theories.
I'll stop when you counter them with actual data and evidence.

Norway is about 1/1000the the size of Australia.
It's 1/20th the size. And if you chop off all the parts of Australia not connected to the national grid, we're probably only about 5x larger.

The Netherlands is 1/20th the size of Norway and they've got a nuclear plant. All this quoting (mis-quoting) of numbers, but I'm not sure what the point is?

Precisely which part of my post is "opinion"?

That coal and gas mining in Australia is 86/87% foreign owned?

Or that HECS contributes move revenue to the federal budget than the Petroleum Resources Rent Tax?

I'll stop when you counter them with actual data and evidence.
Why does it matter if coal/gas is foreign owned and where did you pull this 86/87% figure from?
And again - who cares when it comes to the discussion of Duttons nuclear policy?
It’s not relevant at all. Just some emotive double-speak that may as well have been pulled off the back of a dunny door.

It's 1/20th the size. And if you chop off all the parts of Australia not connected to the national grid, we're probably only about 5x larger.

The Netherlands is 1/20th the size of Norway and they've got a nuclear plant. All this quoting (mis-quoting) of numbers, but I'm not sure what the point is?
But real life does not work like that. We can’t just chop off parts of Australia.

Why does it matter if coal/gas is foreign owned and where did you pull this 86/87% figure from?
And again - who cares when it comes to the discussion of Duttons nuclear policy?
It’s not relevant at all. Just some emotive double-speak that may as well have been pulled off the back of a dunny door.

It has gone up since 2017 - Australia Institute had it at 89.73% in June 2022.

You don't think it is a problem that our kids contribute more to federal revenues than foreign owned gas companies? Seriously?

Now I am happy to consider credible sources to oppose these reports from the Australia Institute - do you have any?

Or will you simply counter with more "emotive double-speak that may as well have been pulled off the back of a dunny door"?

It has gone up since 2017 - Australia Institute had it at 89.73% in June 2022.

You don't think it is a problem that our kids contribute more to federal revenues than foreign owned gas companies? Seriously?

Now I am happy to consider credible sources to oppose these reports from the Australia Institute - do you have any?

Or will you simply counter with more "emotive double-speak that may as well have been pulled off the back of a dunny door"?
That is ridiculous. Of course they will be majority foreign owned as they are major publicly listed companies.

Using that example, you could say the same thing about Atlassian or Canva or anyone really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well folks, here's your choice:

If you want the cheapest possible uninterrupted supply of electricity that uses Australia's own, natural resources as its foundation - vote Coalition.

If you want expensive, unreliable, environmentally-destructive electricity that gifts Australia's energy security to The "Peoples" Republic of China - vote Albanese Labor, Bandt Greens or Holmes a Court Teal.

The future is in your hands.

If you want the cheapest possible uninterrupted supply of electricity that uses Australia's own, natural resources as its foundation - vote Coalition.

If you want expensive, unreliable, environmentally-destructive electricity that gifts Australia's energy security to The "Peoples" Republic of China - vote Albanese Labor, Bandt Greens or Holmes a Court Teal.

Delusional if you think nuclear would not involve the Chinese

You live in opposite land…

Could you draw the fault line on the map for my information?

Here, someone has drawn them all for you, AND Google kindly indexed it what they are calling a "search engine".

1718775154237.png

1718775357787.png

What of all the scientists who say you're wrong? Labor plants?

Here, someone has drawn them all for you, AND Google kindly indexed it what they are calling a "search engine".

View attachment 2024025

View attachment 2024032
Have I gone back in a Time Machine to the 1950s or something?

Who bloody cares?

There are nuclear reactors all over the world - some in countries with much more earthquake activity than us.

Hell, there is even one in Los Angeles.

Have I gone back in a Time Machine to the 1950s or something?

Who bloody cares?

There are nuclear reactors all over the world - some in countries with much more earthquake activity than us.

Hell, there is even one in Los Angeles.

I guess you don’t live near Gippsland

We don’t know if the reactors will be overseas owned and operated….China being one of the leaders in this space
Who cares who owns them?
How is it relevant?

Every country in the western world has nuclear bar New Zealand. If they can manage than so can we.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back