What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

And only 30 people died from the blast at Chernobyl.
The place has been a thriving metropolis ever since.

1718780942701.png

But of course, references to nuclear disasters like Chernobyl are ridiculous and bear no comparison to modern and safe nuclear plants.

Unless of course the funding, design, establishment, operation and maintenance of those plants has been done of the back of a politically motivated election idea without any sense of coherent planning.

We are struggling to build houses, and can't even build a fast train.

And we are meant to believe that a Queensland policeman can build 7 nuclear power stations?

lol
Not only that, Dutton can build them on sites that already have critical coal fired power plants that cannot be turned off until the new nuclear plants are finished.

It is actually crazy!

“Based on this approach, the expected capital cost of a large-scale nuclear plant in 2023 is $8655/kW,” it says, meaning a standard one-megawatt power station would cost about $8.65 billion.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤮

1 megawatt … how cute.

Because no private money is going to invest in nuclear…

So it will be us the tax payer that will pay for decades …

Private money will come in when Dutton promises them a guaranteed profit.

Oh yeah, then the taxpayer will pay money to the private investment funds.

:thumbsu:

I don't have concerns around nuclear, I have concerns around the LNPs motivation for proposing it with absolutely no plan - and their history of ****ing everything up perfectly doesn't give me a lot of relief from those concerns.
Exactly. I'm fairly agnostic over it, though I do understand why people who live near the proposed sites will have concerns. If it had been started 50 years ago, I might even embrace it. But this is a more expensive option that will take longer to come online and aims to thwart the development of a developing solution that is better for the environment and the consumer. The scientists and economists agree.

There's no ideological warfare against nuclear, this nuclear debate is ideological warfare against renewables and is the wrong solution according to everyone but the Minerals Council.

Anyway, even the WA Libs say Collie won't want a bar of it, this has no practical chance of ever becoming reality and is about as useful as promising every voter a unicorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gotta say Dutton has become a world champion at spending money.

Undisclosed $ Billions on border security
He was defence minister when AUKUS was announced - another $400-500 Billion
Now Nuclear power - undisclosed again but probably the best part of $1 Trillion

What happened to the party of debt and deficit?

AUKUS was and is a mandatory spend given the threat from China (as much as the loony left want to deny its existence), the fact that it is fully endorsed by the ALP is confirmation that it is required.

As for the cost of nuclear - PLEASE! We have spent squillions on renewables resulting in skyrocketing power bills....you must be either living under a rock or in Nimbin to think that renewables are anything more than a scam designed to line the pockets of investors and to pollute the minds of naive and clueless left wing uni students among others. Not to mention that the figures have not yet been released, which is Dutton's absolute right.

I'm sticking with my one-term government prediction. And my confidence is only growing by the day.

On one hand we have the majority of Australia, scientists, business leaders etc supporting renewable and opposing nuclear in Australia.
Renewables being an industry that already exists in Australia.

On the other hand we have Dutton, Gina, some of the Coalition, and Dutton fanbois supporting an alleged policy about nuclear, and demanding the dangerous evil renewables be stopped.

In fact... Renewables are so preferred, the Nationals want to put a cap on investing in them...
And we have never had a nuclear power industry.

Hard to work out which makes more sense.
And I do worry about the whales!!!
Maybe stick one beside Parliament House in Canberra.

AUKUS was and is a mandatory spend given the threat from China (as much as the loony left want to deny its existence), the fact that it is fully endorsed by the ALP is confirmation that it is required.

As for the cost of nuclear - PLEASE! We have spent squillions on renewables resulting in skyrocketing power bills....you must be either living under a rock or in Nimbin to think that renewables are anything more than a scam designed to line the pockets of investors and to pollute the minds of naive and clueless left wing uni students among others. Not to mention that the figures have not yet been released, which is Dutton's absolute right.

I'm sticking with my one-term government prediction. And my confidence is only growing by the day.
Please go look up the definition of mandatory.

That is ridiculous. Of course they will be majority foreign owned as they are major publicly listed companies.

Using that example, you could say the same thing about Atlassian or Canva or anyone really.
And the mining industry keeps 300,000 Australians employed.

Austria has a nuclear plant we could buy… the one they built and never used.
England has a half finished one they can’t seem to deal with. Only cost $92 Billion.

I’ll have 7 of those please 😬

• cost of sites
  • cost to build a nuclear industry
  • cost to keep coal going another 20 years
  • cost of waste disposal (assume we’ll just put it with the soft plastics and send it to Java)

+++++

Remove this Banner Ad

What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back