What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

If people are wetting their pants about the dangers of nuclear being nearby despite all the real world evidence showing it’s overwhelmingly safe, then they can always move.

Most Australians aren’t that stupid though.

You could stop whining and just move to a nuclear country.

Ok. I'll chip in for your uber ride to the airport.

Happy for a non whining immigrant to take your place here.
Who is whining?
Seems there are a lot of bedwetters scared to death of nuclear power. All whining about issues as if they are still stuck in 1960.

I'm not worried at all. Bring it on

Who is whining?
Seems there are a lot of bedwetters scared to death of nuclear power. All whining about issues as if they are still stuck in 1960.

I'm not worried at all. Bring it on

Why do you conservative types keep saying "do it my way or move to a different country"

When you could just move to a different country that already does it your way.

Why do you keep throwing out such a lame argument?

If people are wetting their pants about the dangers of nuclear being nearby despite all the real world evidence showing it’s overwhelmingly safe, then they can always move.

Most Australians aren’t that stupid though.

I don't have concerns around nuclear, I have concerns around the LNPs motivation for proposing it with absolutely no plan - and their history of ****ing everything up perfectly doesn't give me a lot of relief from those concerns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you suggesting that he should not have issued a press release and just snuck it through on the quiet?
Seriously.
Maybe have some sort of real plans that last more then 12 hours before sinking without a trace.

On one hand we have the majority of Australia, scientists, business leaders etc supporting renewable and opposing nuclear in Australia.
Renewables being an industry that already exists in Australia.

On the other hand we have Dutton, Gina, some of the Coalition, and Dutton fanbois supporting an alleged policy about nuclear, and demanding the dangerous evil renewables be stopped.

In fact... Renewables are so preferred, the Nationals want to put a cap on investing in them...
And we have never had a nuclear power industry.

Hard to work out which makes more sense.
And I do worry about the whales!!!

Wind turbines being highly sensitive and difficult to replicate, and notoriously liable to catastrophic failure, giving millions of people cancer over the following decades.

The disconnect is so ridiculous.

People being apprehensive around catastrophic failure of nuclear power plants is just silly bedwetting.

But the insane rhetoric around the danger to birds, whales, land etc due to renewables is just good honest discussion that demands answers!

\
You may call it a scare campaign … did they rebuild a nuclear plant at Fukushima?
They just decommissioned it the lot. Units 1-4 were formally shutdown 19th May 2011. Unit 5 and 6 were shutdown 17th December 2013.

1. It didn't go 'Boom' - you've been watching too much television
  2. Impacts on people were minor
  3. It happened almost 15 years ago.
  4. There are currently over 400 nuclear power plants globally operating with no incidents.
1. It did go boom. Unit 1 and Unit 3 both had explosions.

2. Impacts were not minor. A 20km evacuation zone was implemented. That zone still exists. 30,300 people still can't go back to where they live.
The government is spending 200 billion to clean up.

3. Chernobyl happened 38 years ago and yet it gets brought up every time there's Nucular talk.

4. Actually quite a few incidents happen.
Most just don't end up in Meltdowns.

A day earlier, Bluescope manager Dave Scott said the opposite: “We will need large volumes of firmed, affordable, renewable energy. So, this (offshore wind farm) is a very important part of that mix. It’s a very important volume of renewable energy that will go towards supplying the energy that we need for decarbonisation.”

Because the Coal and Gas lobby told them too.

This is purely about stopping grid upgrades - and hence stopping investment in renewables - meaning gas and coal is all that is left.

That is all.

Exactly … and they’ll blame the states for delays … the delays they want.

Remove this Banner Ad

What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back