What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwooooddd... .." chant

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .."

I say go for it as it really adds to the atmosphere. The louder the better.

Beats the shit out of:

[insert club name here] *clap* *clap* *Clap*

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .." c

I personally prefer to sit there in silence like Melbourne and Carlton supporters.

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .."

**** me we're a precious, boring, politically correct lot in Australia some times.

We need more arrogance in sport in my opinion.

I personally prefer to sit there in silence like Melbourne and Carlton supporters.

I went to the Carlton v Essendon game and in the first quarter, you could hear a pin drop.

Sad fans sound quiet and sad.

Like Joffa and the pies crowd last year. Got very cold in rd 2, until the last 30 seconds. even when Ricky dropped that mark. Lets bring up the pies cheer squad in the Queens B'day clash, Oh wait.........?

It reminds me of the down syndrome kid who used to catch the same bus as me years ago. We would ask him, "who do you follow in the footy?"

"Go Collingwooooood."
Perhaps you would like to add a disclaimer that you weren't trolling down syndrome kids???

But if you were :mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Like Joffa and the pies crowd last year. Got very cold in rd 2, until the last 30 seconds. even when Ricky dropped that mark. Lets bring up the pies cheer squad in the Queens B'day clash, Oh wait.........?

Most Melbourne fans were up the snow.

Most Melbourne fans were up the snow.
Smashing comeback!

MFC supporter's going to the snow. I'm going to equal your wittyness and say "least we can afford it";)

I reckon its pretty average.

Its just sounds so dumb. I would have no problem if it was entertaining or funny or creative (like the soccer chants in the EPL).

I would love it if crowds in the AFL sang songs (not the theme songs of each club) or had chants like the barmy army etc.

"You'll never walk alone" by Liverpool gives me chills, and I'm a West Ham supporter.

"Collingwood" is lame and boring.

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .." c

Crickey! Strewth! We discovered Liam Jurrah for you so I thought you would be pretty happy for us to be successful.

If you have a look at our rookie list again at the end of this year, you might find another player you can slot in as your No 1 forward.

I

"You'll never walk alone" by Liverpool gives me chills

That one song stands alone amongst each type of game. So you can't compare it to the Kop in full force. Liverpool are the best in the business.

At least Pies fans are trying. Richmond fans leave at half time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon its pretty average.

Its just sounds so dumb. I would have no problem if it was entertaining or funny or creative (like the soccer chants in the EPL).

I would love it if crowds in the AFL sang songs (not the theme songs of each club) or had chants like the barmy army etc.

"You'll never walk alone" by Liverpool gives me chills, and I'm a West Ham supporter.

Well we dont do it to entertain the other mob. The only reason soccer supporters sing during their matches is because there is nothing happening, once one side looks like they have an attacking move going they all just start yelling and screaming. Mind you I did watch the Liverpool v Man U game at Anhfield and it sent chills down my spine when they sang "you'll never walk alone".

Well we dont do it to entertain the other mob. The only reason soccer supporters sing during their matches is because there is nothing happening, once one side looks like they have an attacking move going they all just start yelling and screaming. Mind you I did watch the Liverpool v Man U game at Anhfield and it sent chills down my spine when they sang "you'll never walk alone".
Was that the the ten second burst followed by silence - "duh what was the words again?"

ww.+damage.+wonder+woman+concept.+001.jpg

I respect it. Hawthorn have done it in the past but not for a while now. It's very intimidating and good on the fans for doing what they can to help the pies increase momentum. It's up to the rest of the comp to come up with something similar to counteract this.

lol @ the mouthbreathers itt who think it is supposed to be the product of great creativity; it's a friggen footy chant. :D

I would have thought the dullards droning the name of their football club in a loud monotone would be the more likely mouthbreathers.

Personally I hope this never happens. While some of the soccer chants are clever, too many of them are inflammatory abuse designed to mock opposing supporters and stir them up into a brawl. I never understood soccer violence until I attended a game and saw groups of guys chanting at each other in a standoff that was very uncomforatable.

Besides like someone else pointed out - it's unlikely to ever catch on because most people attending games are watching something actually happening on the field as opposed to soccer, wherer they need something to do to soak up the 80 minutes before either team decides to attack. ;)

Personally I hope this never happens. While some of the soccer chants are clever, too many of them are inflammatory abuse designed to mock opposing supporters and stir them up into a brawl. I never understood soccer violence until I attended a game and saw groups of guys chanting at each other in a standoff that was very uncomforatable.

i dont understand this. the abuse i hear at the footy from individuals is far more inflammatory and personal imo. i suppose what happened at last weeks collingwood vs carlton match wasn't 'uncomfortable'?

i dont understand this. the abuse i hear at the footy from individuals is far more inflammatory and personal imo. i suppose what happened at last weeks collingwood vs carlton match wasn't 'uncomfortable'?

AFL doesnt have gangs of guys pointing fingers during and after the games mocking the other guys to deliberatley fire them up. This also happens after the match outside the ground. Thats why the soccer has such a high police presence.

Sure AFL gets the odd exchange from the occasional couple of yobbo's in the crowd but you ignore them, no I've never felt like I was about to be in the middle of an all in brawl between Carlton vs Collingwood members.

Quoted..... just because......:D:thumbsu:

Can't believe this is even a thread?

Football supporters support their own team with voice....News at 6.

AFL doesnt have gangs of guys pointing fingers during and after the games mocking the other guys to deliberatley fire them up. This also happens after the match outside the ground. Thats why the soccer has such a high police presence.

Sure AFL gets the odd exchange from the occasional couple of yobbo's in the crowd but you ignore them, no I've never felt like I was about to be in the middle of an all in brawl between Carlton vs Collingwood members.

Mr Christopher

Your level of ignorance is beyond astounding.

anyway i'd much rather have generic insults hurled at me from a group of people behind a barrier

then the personal attacks you hear at the footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwooooddd... .." chant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back