What's happening in the Bendigo Football League #3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
was talking with a few gissy boys on the weekend and was informed that all is not as it seems down at the graveyard.
times are tough it seems and all of the reserves have missed out on payments throughout the year and have been told they will recieve it at years end.
even though they dont get paid a lot it all helps with the cost of the travel up to bendigo.
poor crowds and not a huge deal of interest from local businesses are seemingly to blame.
they held there last man standing draw on saturday night and didnt have the money to give to the winners of the draw, since when do you ever not get the money at the end of a last man standing draw ? i,ve never heard of it this happening has anyone else ?
perhaps the best thing for the club would be to get out asap of the bendigo fl and join up with the ballarat fl and renew their old rivalries with former rdfl clubs, that im sure would get the intrest back down at gardiner reserve

Mate your comments about the last man standing draw is a total crock of horse dung

Your the one thats wrong buddy cause I got it right from the horses mouth on all this info'.

Your the one thats wrong buddy cause I got it right from the horses mouth on all this info'.

Yeah alright the players have not been payed the club has told them they will be payed at seasons end. Some businesses are a bit slow to pay their sponsorship which is understandable due to the fact that every trader is a bit slower than it was 12 months ago.
Also the gates have been shocking all year which doesn't help the fact.

What club pays out a raffle on the night to a couple of young blokes that are going down town for the night. The club has a duty of care so they don't just blow the lot in a night.

Yeah alright the players have not been payed the club has told them they will be payed at seasons end. Some businesses are a bit slow to pay their sponsorship which is understandable due to the fact that every trader is a bit slower than it was 12 months ago.

What club pays out a raffle on the night to a couple of young blokes that are going down town for the night. The club has a duty of care so they don't just blow the lot in a night.

Where do you sit on the move to the BalFL? If the crowds and sponsorship are increased would that be a factor in your vote? And as a person that goes to every game is the reduced travel something that you also factor in?

Sponsorship won't increase purely b/c of a move to BallaratFL. Still same businesses in Gisborne, whether you play in sunny Bendigo or wet, muddy, foggy Ballarat with even worse umpires than we have.

Gates and less travel are the key factors here... but I get the feeling this is still a 50-50 situation as to whether Gissy stay or go.

Which Kangaroo Flat on baller was spotted having a meeting with the owner of a Bendigo restaurant last night possibly discussing his future in Bendigo footy?

Sponsorship won't increase purely b/c of a move to BallaratFL. Still same businesses in Gisborne, whether you play in sunny Bendigo or wet, muddy, foggy Ballarat with even worse umpires than we have.

Gates and less travel are the key factors here... but I get the feeling this is still a 50-50 situation as to whether Gissy stay or go.
Even this argument has holes in it, If I had to travel from Gisborne to Ballarat or Bendigo in the middle of winter Bendigo on a brand new freeway would win hands down for me. Kyneton and Castlemaine are almost as close as Sunbury and Melton so I dont think the travel argument is as strong as some perceive.
As for the rivalry with the old RDFL sides, a strong Kyneton would create a great grudge match IMO.
Look to building for the future not at recovering what has been.

was talking with a few gissy boys on the weekend and was informed that all is not as it seems down at the graveyard.
times are tough it seems and all of the reserves have missed out on payments throughout the year and have been told they will recieve it at years end.
even though they dont get paid a lot it all helps with the cost of the travel up to bendigo.
poor crowds and not a huge deal of interest from local businesses are seemingly to blame.
they held there last man standing draw on saturday night and didnt have the money to give to the winners of the draw, since when do you ever not get the money at the end of a last man standing draw ? i,ve never heard of it this happening has anyone else ?
perhaps the best thing for the club would be to get out asap of the bendigo fl and join up with the ballarat fl and renew their old rivalries with former rdfl clubs, that im sure would get the intrest back down at gardiner reserve

Regular Twos players shouldn't get payed anyway...they should be playing for the love of the game, their club, mateship and with the attitude that they are trying to better themselves to break into the ones. I agree with various incentives to the best 5 or 6 best players on the day. Any regular 2's player asking for handouts is a big blight on the game of footy and their character. I'm not saying 2's footy in Bgo is a bad standard...in fact i think it has been a pretty good standard this year.

Which Kangaroo Flat on baller was spotted having a meeting with the owner of a Bendigo restaurant last night possibly discussing his future in Bendigo footy?

Now who is the player that you are talking bout care to name, names or scared that you have no idea? and are just fishing finding an excuse to type?

Even this argument has holes in it, If I had to travel from Gisborne to Ballarat or Bendigo in the middle of winter Bendigo on a brand new freeway would win hands down for me. Kyneton and Castlemaine are almost as close as Sunbury and Melton so I dont think the travel argument is as strong as some perceive.
As for the rivalry with the old RDFL sides, a strong Kyneton would create a great grudge match IMO.

Kyneton perhaps but you can get to Sunbury or Melton and back to Gisborne in the same time as it take to get to Castlemaine

So how many teams are going to be in the BFL in 2010 the way this reads it will be 8 to 10.

Drove past Strath Training last night, the new lights look impressive. If they added and extra 2 or four lights to each tower it is nearly a night venue as they are very high up for training lights.

Gisborne travel to Ballarat only 3 times. That is massive compared to the 10 times to Bendigo. For the players and supporters it is big.

A strong Kyneton is still behind Melton South, Melton and Darley and miles behind Sunbury.

50/50 - Not in the betting markets:

To go $1.25
To stay $3.20

Now who is the player that you are talking bout care to name, names or scared that you have no idea? and are just fishing finding an excuse to type?

Not gonna name names but it would be great to see him link up with his brother at Huntly. Thought he might have been seeking guidance from the footy guru. Looked pretty serious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not gonna name names but it would be great to see him link up with his brother at Huntly. Thought he might have been seeking guidance from the footy guru. Looked pretty serious.

you Idiot i rang gears when he was at the Match and i can confirm he wont go to the Huntly infact he is trying to move his brother to Kangaroo flat...i know for a fact considering he is trying to get me to come over from another BFL club

also has invited me over for some beers considering he was picking up a FRESHH FM Voucher.... a slab ????

Possibly the worst post i Have ever heard..... he has been on the front foot with excitment of Kangaroo Flat in the finals in 09 and progressing even further with Flat in 10... when flat talk to him he will sign........

Now just to clarrify just cos he was talking to a person who has a interest in bendigo football doesnt mean he will leave the club....

you Idiot i rang gears when he was at the Match and i can confirm he wont go to the Huntly infact he is trying to move his brother to Kangaroo flat...i know for a fact considering he is trying to get me to come over from another BFL club

also has invited me over for some beers considering he was picking up a FRESHH FM Voucher.... a slab ????

Possibly the worst post i Have ever heard..... he has been on the front foot with excitment of Kangaroo Flat in the finals in 09 and progressing even further with Flat in 10... when flat talk to him he will sign........

Now just to clarrify just cos he was talking to a person who has a interest in bendigo football doesnt mean he will leave the club....

Dont stress -its all good Bob. Sounds like you speak with some authority? Would be good to see him out Huntly. I am sure he would like a run on the ball.

as ka stated gissy only go to ballarat 3 times for the year.
kyneton 20 mins away melton 10 mins
castlemaine 40+mins away sunbury 5 mins away
darley and the marsh are also around 20 mins away
throw in melton south aswell and travel argument isnt strong you say ???????????????????????????????????????????
a strong kyneton side pffft like that will happen anytime soon, and if by a pure miracle it did one grudge match wont bring in the crowd.
melton south, melton , darley and sunbury 4 old rivalrys there and each one of those matches would generate much more intrest than gissy playing say castlemaine .
$1.25 to go you say ka i would put it more around $1.08 to go

whats with all these new alias' being created all of a sudden? hmmmmm il just leave things for now...

btw way, whats that injury? lol.

an nah im nt in bendigo anymore.... had to leave cos of poor lving circumstances at the home i lived in...

clutching at straws there jenna to try and come up with a respectable excuse as to why things are going pear shaped down at gisborne.
care of duty one is the best though what a joke you didnt pay as you didnt have the money its simple !!

whats with all these new alias' being created all of a sudden? hmmmmm il just leave things for now...

btw way, whats that injury? lol.

an nah im nt in bendigo anymore.... had to leave cos of poor lving circumstances at the home i lived in...

injury is a knee had it for a while had surgury 2 -3 years ago.....

poor living circumstances..... double storey purch u were in looked pretty fine to me

jennaj hows the finger going ?
good to get back into the footy last week after a fair stint on the sidelines no doubt.

anyways spurt thinks that it will be a south and square gf this yr clearly the best two sides going around forget the rest.
surely eaglehawk would be thinking their money wouldve been better spent elsewhere rather than on the money hungry b.singh?

wheres bearsboy gone ?
suprised he hasnt popped up on here under one of many of his other usernames
maybe if things are going so badly down at gisborne we may see bearsboy in his fluro runners top at the roundabout in gisborne rattling a tin to try and raise funds to pay the reserves side.
rattles the tin enough and he will be able to complete the series of operataions so he can fully trangress into the post op t-bird as he has always dreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back