What's happening in the Bendigo Football League #3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think that playing the senior second semi and the reserves second semi on different days is a tad stupid? South bendigo reserves were good enough to finish on top in both grades yet the reserves cant play on the same day as their seniors...

Does anyone else think that playing the senior second semi and the reserves second semi on different days is a tad stupid? South Bendigo were good enough to finish on top in both grades yet the reserves can't play on the same day as their seniors...

I agree, South supporters get slugged twice to watch their beloved teams, at least on Sunday we get to see the Under 18's as well as the Seconds.

Does anyone else think that playing the senior second semi and the reserves second semi on different days is a tad stupid? South bendigo reserves were good enough to finish on top in both grades yet the reserves cant play on the same day as their seniors...

The club president's agreed to the floating finals format and now the League is doing its best to accommodate those playing but clearly its Gisborne that is being looked after in the football department. Doesn't stop some at their club from complaining that their netball has to play on the Saturday though. South and Square are being played on the Saturday night because it's the marquee game and deservedly so. Should be a good game.

I agree, South supporters get slugged twice to watch their beloved teams, at least on Sunday we get to see the Under 18's as well as the Seconds.
I am sure a lot of clubs in the BFNL would love to have that problem!

Several clubs now have no teams whatsoever in the finals.

:thumbsdown:
I am sure a lot of clubs in the BFNL would love to have that problem!

Several clubs now have no teams whatsoever in the finals.

lucky you posted that otherwise we wouldnt have known that there were teams out there who werent playing a part in the finals !
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

The club president's agreed to the floating finals format and now the League is doing its best to accommodate those playing but clearly its Gisborne that is being looked after in the football department. Doesn't stop some at their club from complaining that their netball has to play on the Saturday though. South and Square are being played on the Saturday night because it's the marquee game and deservedly so. Should be a good game.

spot on think that the league would be doing all they can to make gisborne happy, hoping that they will in the end decide to say

spot on think that the league would be doing all they can to make gisborne happy, hoping that they will in the end decide to say

i honestly dont think its about making gisborne happy. in all honesty it just seems like common sense. sunday was good from a travel point of view. the u18s actually should have played on saturday but playing sunday made more sense. gisborne also had people working at the ground on saturday. we have played on both days in the past and it sucked. the night game is one that i dont personally favour but we have played many in the past. it ends up being a late drive home and then back it up again the next day. i know people on this site when they read this wont give a flying toss about our predicament and it is not meant as a whinge. from our point of view its common sense

Blow for Square - Nathan Bell copped 1 week for his b*tch slap on J D-Tyler. The Square-dogs are looking shaky even after beating Gis-dogs by 108 points.

Few injuries, and the guys in the 2's pushing for selection got knocked out of the finals so no match practice for those coming in.

They're looking shaky... but not out of it.

South looking cherry ripe at this stage

i honestly dont think its about making gisborne happy. in all honesty it just seems like common sense. sunday was good from a travel point of view. the u18s actually should have played on saturday but playing sunday made more sense. gisborne also had people working at the ground on saturday. we have played on both days in the past and it sucked. the night game is one that i dont personally favour but we have played many in the past. it ends up being a late drive home and then back it up again the next day. i know people on this site when they read this wont give a flying toss about our predicament and it is not meant as a whinge. from our point of view its common sense

I didn't mean it was done to make Gisborne happy in the hope that they would stay but to make them happy with their travel arrangements. But whatever the League does with the finals draw it cannot only look after Gisborne because other clubs have multiple teams playing.

Also I think you may be one of the few Gisborne posters not whinging on this site. I know your club is quite divided on the issue of whether to stay or go, I just think that the rosy picture being painted about going to BalFL may only last a year or two and then what??

Other Gisborne supporters on this site are all too willing to bag the BenFL and what it has to offer until their own team cops an absolute hiding and then they are nowhere to be seen (or heard).

Would like to hear back from you Cousins or even BearsBoy, the few posters that make sense about the real feeling at Gisborne. And for the record I have always enjoyed watching Gisborne play and would be happy to have them stay.

Blow for Square - Nathan Bell copped 1 week for his b*tch slap on J D-Tyler. The Square-dogs are looking shaky even after beating Gis-dogs by 108 points.

Few injuries, and the guys in the 2's pushing for selection got knocked out of the finals so no match practice for those coming in.

Nick Carter will be an adequate replacement for this week i'm sure

Nick Carter will be an adequate replacement for this week i'm sure

Dunno about that. Hasn't played many games, been out for quite a while and his frayed, ageing hamstrings are struggling to support his ever-growing rotund frame thanks to sinking too many pots at the Rifle instead of serving them :)

Would be handy in a forward pocket - quite capable of bagging 4-5 goals from 4-5 kicks.

Guy,s will use Belly,s week off as a positive , rest him up for his next final ,he,ll be champing at the bit watch out ,we also beleive in the depth of our list and it will give someone else the chance to stake their claim, Carter,Walsh,James Walsh, Jones,Young,Bateman,Limbrick,or any number of 18,s will get an opportunity , its all good ;)

Guy,s will use Belly,s week off as a positive , rest him up for his next final ,he,ll be champing at the bit watch out ,we also beleive in the depth of our list and it will give someone else the chance to stake their claim, Carter,Walsh,James Walsh, Jones,Young,Bateman,Limbrick,or any number of 18,s will get an opportunity , its all good ;)

I can't believe you didn't add Dangerous to that list!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't mean it was done to make Gisborne happy in the hope that they would stay but to make them happy with their travel arrangements. But whatever the League does with the finals draw it cannot only look after Gisborne because other clubs have multiple teams playing.

Also I think you may be one of the few Gisborne posters not whinging on this site. I know your club is quite divided on the issue of whether to stay or go, I just think that the rosy picture being painted about going to BalFL may only last a year or two and then what??

Other Gisborne supporters on this site are all too willing to bag the BenFL and what it has to offer until their own team cops an absolute hiding and then they are nowhere to be seen (or heard).

Would like to hear back from you Cousins or even BearsBoy, the few posters that make sense about the real feeling at Gisborne. And for the record I have always enjoyed watching Gisborne play and would be happy to have them stay.

i havent actually spoken to many about the ballarat proposal as yet. you are probably right about some form of division within the club about moving or not. that is only natural. the club has an info night soon then a vote in mid september. so in all honesty i cant say which way it will turn out. personally i do enjoy the benfl football and the new freeway is great. at present i think we travel to bendigo five times and then all finals in bendigo, so it is a bit travel tiring but the footy is always good. i think there is supposed to be less travel in the ballarat proposal but going to ballarat for games will take longer than going to bendigo

as far as crowd attendances go , yes in gizzy they have been down this year and from what i have seen at our away games crowds are down also. why? i have no idea, is the footy stale? i dont think so. i love the concept of the goldfields league but that is an awful lot more travel for all who would be involved.

either way gisborne are deemed to travel whether individuals within the club like it or not and this is the price we have to pay to play a top standard of football

There has only been one "supporter" (non member) that has whinged and bagged the Bendigo League.

My take on it :

The majority of players want to stay

The majority of supporters want to go

My feeling is we will stay.

There has only been one "supporter" (non member) that has whinged and bagged the Bendigo League.

My take on it :

The majority of players want to stay

The majority of supporters want to go

My feeling is we will stay.

any chance of gisborne putting up a fight this week ?

how could a coach tell his players he was proud of the way they fought out the game when they got smashed by 108 pts, first sign of accepting defeat i say.
take up the ballfl,s offer whilst you can you need every cent you can get your hands on atm to help with fixing the club.
p.s is sharpy still chancing his luck on the adult dating websites ?
i was shown his profiles the other day very funny stuff
spose a balding redhead wouldnt be real attractive to most of the females in the world

how could a coach tell his players he was proud of the way they fought out the game when they got smashed by 108 pts, first sign of accepting defeat i say.
take up the ballfl,s offer whilst you can you need every cent you can get your hands on atm to help with fixing the club.
spose a balding redhead wouldnt be real attractive to most of the females in the world
Shown his profiles ? My guess is you were searching for a little bit of man love.

With your constant referals to the Sharp Man, it sounds like he may have given you a couple of hidings at some stage.

I'll tell you how,... When you are a playing coach that played in that flogging and you want to cover your arse and get the job next season.
Thats how !

Thanks Cousins and Bearsboy for the reply. I look forward to the result of your vote. Would think the Gisborne v Kangaroo Flat to be a much better spectacle as both teams fairly even.

Shown his profiles ? My guess is you were searching for a little bit of man love.

With your constant referals to the Sharp Man, it sounds like he may have given you a couple of hidings at some stage.

no searching for man love here , just happen to be courting a young lass who likes the boys and the girls and she was showing me where she gets all the girls from and bingo bango bongo mr sharp was there !

no touch ups either mr vermon, i would slit my wrists if i had happened to be beaten up by a redhead.

any chance your side in gisborne will put up a fight against the flat ?
or should we expect to see another hiding ?

also is there any danger of the club paying the money they owe to the twos players by years end ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back