What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site is congested with ill informed, uneducated arm chair experts as far as I am concerned. Demoting struggling teams to "inferior" leagues is not the solution nor is it as simple as some of you make it seem. A healthy football league consists of strong teams, middle of the road teams and weak teams, all at different stages of their development. Adopting the theory suggested by some I dare say some of the stronger teams of the present day would not exist as they too have struggled at some stage in there past.

Kyneton will not allow themselves to lose to Nth Ballarat this weekend as the future of the club depends on a victory.

Fair enough a healthy Football league needs a collaboration of all types of teams... But how long do the struggling teams give them selfs before saying enough is enough and moving to a lower leauge.... Take Daylesford for example.... When they were in the Ballarat FL they struggled and only made 2 finals appearance in 10 years, for the future of the club they moved into the CHFL and are now a dominant force and maybe one day the club will be able to re-build and make it back to a higher league.

Not sure how many games Kangaroo Flat have won in the past 5 years... But it couldn't be many, maybe it is time to do what Daylesford did and move to a lower league to save the future of the club......

This site is congested with ill informed, uneducated arm chair experts as far as I am concerned. Demoting struggling teams to "inferior" leagues is not the solution nor is it as simple as some of you make it seem. A healthy football league consists of strong teams, middle of the road teams and weak teams, all at different stages of their development. Adopting the theory suggested by some I dare say some of the stronger teams of the present day would not exist as they too have struggled at some stage in there past.

Kyneton will not allow themselves to lose to Nth Ballarat this weekend as the future of the club depends on a victory.

As an outsider looking in, I could not agree more CT. With a great interest in the BFL but unable to see more than a few matches a year, I thought this thread would be more than a cellar dwellar bashing site. Not to mention the wind all you blokes are blowing up the arses of Saunders and Frew. Noted, they are both great, leave it at that, or Private message each other if you want to argue further! Keep this thread to the goings-on of the LEAGUE, not individuals.
Now I have that off my chest, can someone tell me where Square has gone wrong in the last 2 weeks? heard Hawkins was playing good footy but has gone Overseas for a couple of weeks, do they miss his hardness at the ball?

saunders is a gun and like i said it is my BIAS opinion but i would take frewy. but i realise that i might be the only one so im just sayin my choice, both superstars though. but frewy is only 22 and ticks all the boxes so in time others might agree with me.

maybe my comment on barham is harsh, and obviously people in the gisborne inner sanctum know his worth. im just looking at games against south he's done nothing.

As an outsider looking in, I could not agree more CT. With a great interest in the BFL but unable to see more than a few matches a year, I thought this thread would be more than a cellar dwellar bashing site. Not to mention the wind all you blokes are blowing up the arses of Saunders and Frew. Noted, they are both great, leave it at that, or Private message each other if you want to argue further! Keep this thread to the goings-on of the LEAGUE, not individuals.
Now I have that off my chest, can someone tell me where Square has gone wrong in the last 2 weeks? heard Hawkins was playing good footy but has gone Overseas for a couple of weeks, do they miss his hardness at the ball?

Hardness at the ball?? you have to be joking dont you! one of the biggest cats going round...

my mail is that he was told if he wants to keep playing footy thinking of himself and not the team that he was not welcome in the seniors and he could kick the dew of in the magoos!!!

What a boring thread this would be if that was the case! What are you sick?

Whats wrong with comparing a couple of great players?

Now help me out here do you want to talk about the LEAGUE? or individuals?

Sick.

What a ridiculous comment "Keep this thread to the goings-on of the LEAGUE, not individuals. " - An individuals goings-on influences a league, i am new to big footy and dont know Saunders or Frew but have no hesitation in saying they are good players, but i dont think i am "blowing up the arses".

Also you have just contradicted your self and talked about the goings-on of an individual "hawkins"

This thread is as much about the Leauge as it is about its players and clubs!

What a ridiculous comment "Keep this thread to the goings-on of the LEAGUE, not individuals. " - An individuals goings-on influences a league, i am new to big footy and dont know Saunders or Frew but have no hesitation in saying they are good players, but i dont think i am "blowing up the arses".

Also you have just contradicted your self and talked about the goings-on of an individual "hawkins"

This thread is as much about the Leauge as it is about its players and clubs!

i agree Ben:thumbsu:

i thought they had a few gun onballrs in there on that freezin tues nite, hanko
griffo/gilly/matty fitzg/kiel robertson/farrugia/vigus

u mite disagree with vigus being placed in the gun list, but he was there in the interleague pokrovsky was used as a running halfback and he went very well perhaps in bgos best 2 or 3 that nite

frew missed the first 6 games of last year, played rounds 7 and 8 at centre half back and then went forward and still managed to kick over 60 goals, imagine what he could do with a full season up foward. to add to his versitility he has also played ruck and ruck rover for the bloods, as well as spending 2 years in the TAC cup as a full back where the biggest bag kicked on him was 3 by cameron croad. i think that saunders is ahead of him in his pack marking ability but one on one u couldnt go past either of them. i just think frew is better value than saunders.

gisborne are an awesome side, have been for years, but they have carried barham for years
Your comments re Marcus Barham defy belief. Surely you can not be serious! In nthe last 5 years, he has captained 2 Premierships, coached 2 Flag wins also, with one as a novice coach.
I think he has represented the league, for 6 years in row, with at least two as captain or vc. He is a master of match ups. The Stewie Hamilton, and Casey Summerfield scenarios are a good example from last weeks game. You seem to forget who won last years flag, and why!
To " bag " Barham shows exactly how much you know about football in the BFL. Finally, see if you obtain a qoute from any other key position forward in the BFL, who has played on Marcus in the last 5 years to substantiate your argument.
In your defence, he did have a quiet day on Saturday last, and probably Saunders was a little the same. Perhaps there was a damm good reason.
However, who won the game!

In your defence, he did have a quiet day on Saturday last, and probably Saunders was a little the same. Perhaps there was a damm good reason.
However, who won the game!

Saunders was a little the same....? Saunders would have had no more than 5 possessions and gave away around 5 free kicks. Was extremely well held by brad wright then became very frustrated and gave away silly free kicks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saunders was a little the same....? Saunders would have had no more than 5 possessions and gave away around 5 free kicks. Was extremely well held by brad wright then became very frustrated and gave away silly free kicks
Yes, he was beaten on the day (which he's entitled to occassionally) he gave away 1 free and 1 50 (for disagreeing with the ump), so lets not get carried away old mate.

I'd like to see a market for the flag, with the form Eaglehawk are in, are they the new Favourites ?

LATEST flag market from sportsbet.com.au

Gisborne .... 2.15 (steady)
Eaglehawk .... 2.75 (in from 3.25)
Square ..... 3.50 (out, from 3.00)
South .... 8.00 (out from 5.00, so really eased out the door)
Sandhurst ..... 10.00 (out from 9.00)
Maine .... 26.00 (out from 21.00 despite beating Tigers)

North City 8th fave, at 51.00 :thumbsu:

LATEST flag market from sportsbet.com.au

Gisborne .... 2.15 (steady)
Eaglehawk .... 2.75 (in from 3.25)
Square ..... 3.50 (out, from 3.00)
South .... 8.00 (out from 5.00, so really eased out the door)
Sandhurst ..... 10.00 (out from 9.00)
Maine .... 26.00 (out from 21.00 despite beating Tigers)

North City 8th fave, at 51.00 :thumbsu:

I'm getting a loan from my mates at the Windee to put $500 on south. Just think they may be a little underrated. Although they may be having a slowish start i just think the more they are playing together the better they are getting! Be silly to underestimate. They have played some big games in recent years so they have the experience to go on with it now!

I'm getting a loan from my mates at the Windee to put $500 on south. Just think they may be a little underrated. Although they may be having a slowish start i just think the more they are playing together the better they are getting! Be silly to underestimate. They have played some big games in recent years so they have the experience to go on with it now!

Still got little Frewbacker to come back into i believe as well as the Ginger Ninja (nev clarke) any more, south should be in the mix again

Who are the best onballers in the league?
Why doesnt the bendigo league play their best in interleague??

only seen a little of little frewbacker but if he can run all day he woud be a very handy onballer to have in any side, especially of his age, still under 21 i believe, his attack is second to none

I see the General Manager has resigned from the League.

Wouldn't be a bad gig i reckon. Anyone know (or have an educated guess) of what kind of coin he would have been on?

What truly is happening at Dower Park?

Last season at the mid way point crisis hit when Shannon Milward departed, this season the club has bottomed out against a team that had never won a game of football.

I have five questions and I know you guys will share your thoughts because I have been watching bigfooty for quite some time.

Q – Is it the culture of the football club that is resulting in poor performance?
Q – Why has Jason Stevens (under 18 coach and under 18 inter-league coach) been replaced on the senior coaching staff?
Q – How can our Under 18’s remain competitive (highest losing margin being 20 points or something like that) when 5 Under 18 players have played 1 or more games this season? What are they doing that the senior team isn’t?
Q – Why are we paying players that can’t play midfield?
Q – What is it going to take to turn this club around?

I hope someone out there can answer these questions; I have followed Kangaroo Flat since I was 8 years old and to see the club at rock bottom cuts me deep.

@ Hank - Probably for the same reason why most leagues aren't able to play their best side - Guys with lame excuses not to play interleague
Take a lead from Ballarat and reward them after the game with a few small incentives like Best On- 4 new tyres worth $1500.00, second a new Telly and third and fourth meal vouchers for 6-8 at various sponsors and the Bendigo Boys may show some more interest. Ballarat boys were supplied with their own rugby top and bag for the occasion.
Bendigo Football League should take a leaf out of Ballarats cap and spend some cash and promote the game. Blokes may be more interested in the future if small things were done to make putting up your hand worthwhile.
Losing Tony Pierce today can only improve the BFL. We need a passionate man like Rod Ward to get this league up and running.

Last season at the mid way point crisis hit when Shannon Milward departed, this season the club has bottomed out against a team that had never won a game of football.

I have five questions and I know you guys will share your thoughts because I have been watching bigfooty for quite some time.

Q – Is it the culture of the football club that is resulting in poor performance?
Q – Why has Jason Stevens (under 18 coach and under 18 inter-league coach) been replaced on the senior coaching staff?
Q – How can our Under 18’s remain competitive (highest losing margin being 20 points or something like that) when 5 Under 18 players have played 1 or more games this season? What are they doing that the senior team isn’t?

I hope someone out there can answer these questions; I have followed Kangaroo Flat since I was 8 years old and to see the club at rock bottom cuts me deep.

Flat have allot of problems that need to be sorted out.

Firstly they need to start from the top with the Pres.. i am sure he means well and is a decent bloke but the flat need someone in this role who is a doer and with a Marketing background. They need to find someone with business smarts and contacts that can recruit people to the club with a vision to improve it. Hence why a marketing person because at the moment it would be very hard to attract players and sponsors to get on board and waste their hard earned money and time on a rabble.

Once they find this person they then need to recruit his helpers all need good ideas but need people who are going to help perform the work. (Many hands make light work) Perferable people with expertise eg Accountants for treasury positions and successful people who have experiance with Business and footy clubs. Because despite what you might think a footy club is a business.

Once they get this right then they need to attempt to find quality players and coaching staff who are there with the aim of taking the club somewhere and not taking all their money. Players who are loyal and honest and are team and club orientated.. there are allot around.. hard to get but possible..

I would imagine this stage would take a couple of years. In the mean time they should be building the best relationship possible with the Junior clubs and promote as many as possible to the senior ranks. I would have people searching the junior ranks for kids that are not going to make league footy or perhaps be walk up starts at the major clubs in Bendigo and start recruiting.

Lots of hard work needed but acheivable i imagine if the club started now they could be a top 5 side in 5 years.

Flat have allot of problems that need to be sorted out.

Firstly they need to start from the top with the Pres.. i am sure he means well and is a decent bloke but the flat need someone in this role who is a doer and with a Marketing background. They need to find someone with business smarts and contacts that can recruit people to the club with a vision to improve it. Hence why a marketing person because at the moment it would be very hard to attract players and sponsors to get on board and waste their hard earned money and time on a rabble.

Once they find this person they then need to recruit his helpers all need good ideas but need people who are going to help perform the work. (Many hands make light work) Perferable people with expertise eg Accountants for treasury positions and successful people who have experiance with Business and footy clubs. Because despite what you might think a footy club is a business.

Once they get this right then they need to attempt to find quality players and coaching staff who are there with the aim of taking the club somewhere and not taking all their money. Players who are loyal and honest and are team and club orientated.. there are allot around.. hard to get but possible..

I would imagine this stage would take a couple of years. In the mean time they should be building the best relationship possible with the Junior clubs and promote as many as possible to the senior ranks. I would have people searching the junior ranks for kids that are not going to make league footy or perhaps be walk up starts at the major clubs in Bendigo and start recruiting.

Lots of hard work needed but acheivable i imagine if the club started now they could be a top 5 side in 5 years.

Take a lead from Ballarat and reward them after the game with a few small incentives like Best On- 4 new tyres worth $1500.00, second a new Telly and third and fourth meal vouchers for 6-8 at various sponsors and the Bendigo Boys may show some more interest. Ballarat boys were supplied with their own rugby top and bag for the occasion.
Bendigo Football League should take a leaf out of Ballarats cap and spend some cash and promote the game. Blokes may be more interested in the future if small things were done to make putting up your hand worthwhile.
Losing Tony Pierce today can only improve the BFL. We need a passionate man like Rod Ward to get this league up and running.

Find your hole Fatso! If you had any idea of the type of genuine bloke Tony Peirce is and what he has recently been through as well as keeping the league going in a forward manner, you would be congratulating the man! He deserves a huge payout!
As far as you interleague views; What is the go with blokes these days only playing for incentives? Do you play for Golden Square Wombat? When i was growing up interleague meant proving yourself against better opposition. Representing your league with a bit of pride. Challenging yourself in a higher level of competition to improve your football. The best thing i ever got out of interleague was meeting new people who were generally your enemy every sat and then becoming mates. That is the best thing about Country footy as far as im concerned!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back