What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
sharp would of been a better matchup.[/quote]

Sharp is not a full back, has never played there and never will.

good game today at the qeo, with gissy too good early in the game being the difference. south fought back hard in the 2nd half and should be excited for the rest of the yr ahead, both clubs look good. what was almost the difference was the matchup of barham on frew, frew almost won it off his own boot if not for a free against him late in the last.

why would barham put himself, gisbornes 21st best player, on frew, souths best, and in my probably bias opinion, the leagues best player!

sharp would of been a better matchup.
good game ? ugliest game ive seen this year . barhams got a foot injury the umpires did their best to keep south in the game to many south blokes wont put there heads over the footy .

apologies to julian lake for getting his name wrong at level 2 on saturday night. sorry stubb. goat out. would like to praise the dancing efforts of a calivil united premiership player who was the last off the dance floor.

tigers have added another loss to the list big match against ballarat next weekend for them. Looks like massina may be finished as a coach... Great to see south up there with gisborne.

tigers have added another loss to the list big match against ballarat next weekend for them. Looks like massina may be finished as a coach... Great to see south up there with gisborne.

Yeah I think North City Vs Kyneton should be a good game but I think the city will prevail in the end. Some of their young guys are starting to develop into good players.

:eek: wots going on goaty out till after midnite when you hve got a missus goat and a kid (goat) at home did the rellie goats get trucked over from the freezin city to do a spot of kid-minding :confused:

yep i agree with the sword i will go for the northies to beat kyneton over at austar and to think some tipsters actually put the kyneton tiger cubs in their top fives back in march and april :thumbsdown:

CONGRATULATIONS To the North City boys posting their first win in the Bendigo Footy Leauge!! :thumbsu: Looks like everything is working for the club and they are improving every week. With such a young team (average age on the weekend was 19) the future looks bright!

Want to mention the dismal effort of the flat tho.... Ty Zantuck was nothing more than a mouth, to the umpires, opposition and his own team mates. Several flat players were also arguing on the ground with each other regularly! Where too from here for the flat.... They have just wasted their whole season and 30k on Zantuck... Can they recover from this???

CONGRATULATIONS To the North City boys posting their first win in the Bendigo Footy Leauge!! :thumbsu: Looks like everything is working for the club and they are improving every week. With such a young team (average age on the weekend was 19) the future looks bright!

Want to mention the dismal effort of the flat tho.... Ty Zantuck was nothing more than a mouth, to the umpires, opposition and his own team mates. Several flat players were also arguing on the ground with each other regularly! Where too from here for the flat.... They have just wasted their whole season and 30k on Zantuck... Can they recover from this???

I agree they wont recover from this.
K/Flat are very flat at the moment. haha get it flat and flat.
North are still very average but K/Flat are worse.
Kyneton will win with ease.

North City vs Kyneton should be a great game, with Kyneton only beating the Flat at home by 57 points.. and North City pounding the flat by 82 at the home of flat.... North City have shown they can play some good footy, but will they be able to turn it on this weekend??? The impressive Cameron Tate will be looking to kick a few and may cause to be a headace up forward for North.

I agree they wont recover from this.
K/Flat are very flat at the moment. haha get it flat and flat.
North are still very average but K/Flat are worse.
Kyneton will win with ease.

north city played four qtrs for the first time on saturday... and although the opposition was poor the signs were good for the rest of the season... to think 3 of the better players on the ground were under 18 shows that the future is bright for our club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North City vs Kyneton should be a great game, with Kyneton only beating the Flat at home by 57 points.. and North City pounding the flat by 82 at the home of flat.... North City have shown they can play some good footy, but will they be able to turn it on this weekend??? The impressive Cameron Tate will be looking to kick a few and may cause to be a headace up forward for North.

Dont beleive your own publicity. K/Flat are just very poor. All this talk about young players, every other bendigo team has outstanding young players coming thorugh. If you have a good group of young players coming thorugh why arn't you on top of the table in the 18s??

i was at the city v flat game and north did play their best game in the short history i would say. but ty did nothing and would it be better for flat if they got rid of him now rather than try persist with him going around mouthing off at every1 and doing nothing?
flat's coach seemed more interested sometimes to argue with the crowd than worry bout the game.
also from watchin on the sidelines they way flat acted during the game was the way north have been acting all year so hopefully it teaches the kids that it looks stupid and only harms you and your team
the true test for city now is can they back the good performance of the flat game and play at the same level this weekend

i was at the city v flat game and north did play their best game in the short history i would say. but ty did nothing and would it be better for flat if they got rid of him now rather than try persist with him going around mouthing off at every1 and doing nothing?
flat's coach seemed more interested sometimes to argue with the crowd than worry bout the game.
also from watchin on the sidelines they way flat acted during the game was the way north have been acting all year so hopefully it teaches the kids that it looks stupid and only harms you and your team
the true test for city now is can they back the good performance of the flat game and play at the same level this weekend

Ty should **** off and go back were he came from..
the bendigo league doesn't need that shit.

You can tell the type of player buy the way they listen to the crowd, or argue with the crowd, its nevr a good sign for the footy club.... looks freaking stupid when some one argues with the crowd, but when the coach does it when their on the bottom of the ladder and getting beat by another celar dwelar the club is up a certain creek with out arms let alone paddels. the flat to seriously look at joining HDFL or LVFL. too low to long

Dont beleive your own publicity. K/Flat are just very poor. All this talk about young players, every other bendigo team has outstanding young players coming thorugh. If you have a good group of young players coming thorugh why arn't you on top of the table in the 18s??

I think the talk about young players is aimed at the 18,19 and 20 year olds that make up 90% of the North City team. No other bendigo team has 90% of their senior list aged 18-20. Give this group another year or two senior experience and they will be making their own publicity.

If you look at their u/18's - Their captain and leading goal kicker and tallest player all played senior footy against flat... The captain got best on! It must be hard for the under u/18's to have the best players out from week to week, thats why they arn't on top... But they are performing fairly well by the look of it. I'd suggest North will drop the boys back to the u/18's so they can qualify for finals.

good game today at the qeo, with gissy too good early in the game being the difference. south fought back hard in the 2nd half and should be excited for the rest of the yr ahead, both clubs look good. what was almost the difference was the matchup of barham on frew, frew almost won it off his own boot if not for a free against him late in the last.

why would barham put himself, gisbornes 21st best player, on frew, souths best, and in my probably bias opinion, the leagues best player!

sharp would of been a better matchup.

Leagues best player was up the other end.

Marcus is in the leagues best 21 so that must say alot about Gissy then. Didn't South beat Gissy in the same game last year? Finals are a little different to the kick to kick on the weekend.

You can tell the type of player buy the way they listen to the crowd, or argue with the crowd, its nevr a good sign for the footy club.... looks freaking stupid when some one argues with the crowd, but when the coach does it when their on the bottom of the ladder and getting beat by another celar dwelar the club is up a certain creek with out arms let alone paddels. the flat to seriously look at joining HDFL or LVFL. too low to long

What are peoples honest thoughts on the Flat moving leagues? I would be interested to hear what you all think? I realise that we havent won many games at all but once you leave the BFL you pretty much wont be coming back! Do we hold out for another couple of seasons and hope that we do improve?

I can honestly see positives and negatives of both and to be honest I will support them no matter what league they are in. If you do think we will leave what league would be better to join?

frew missed the first 6 games of last year, played rounds 7 and 8 at centre half back and then went forward and still managed to kick over 60 goals, imagine what he could do with a full season up foward. to add to his versitility he has also played ruck and ruck rover for the bloods, as well as spending 2 years in the TAC cup as a full back where the biggest bag kicked on him was 3 by cameron croad. i think that saunders is ahead of him in his pack marking ability but one on one u couldnt go past either of them. i just think frew is better value than saunders.

gisborne are an awesome side, have been for years, but they have carried barham for years

frew missed the first 6 games of last year, played rounds 7 and 8 at centre half back and then went forward and still managed to kick over 60 goals, imagine what he could do with a full season up foward. to add to his versitility he has also played ruck and ruck rover for the bloods, as well as spending 2 years in the TAC cup as a full back where the biggest bag kicked on him was 3 by cameron croad. i think that saunders is ahead of him in his pack marking ability but one on one u couldnt go past either of them. i just think frew is better value than saunders.

gisborne are an awesome side, have been for years, but they have carried barham for years

You post was good until your last line. Why is he picked as the CHB in the team of the year? These are independant BFL people - not supporters that see him once or twice a year.

Frew was very impressive on the weekend but you won't get many people on here taking him in front of Saunders.

Thats your opinion and thats fine but i agree with KA that i dont think youll find one other person taking Frew in front of Saunders.
Where do you think Frew is better value than Saunders, is it his work at ground level, marking, kicking for goal or his leadership ?

Luke Saunders a big chance to captain VCFL side this year after being vc last year. Your Barham comment is terrible.

This site is congested with ill informed, uneducated arm chair experts as far as I am concerned. Demoting struggling teams to "inferior" leagues is not the solution nor is it as simple as some of you make it seem. A healthy football league consists of strong teams, middle of the road teams and weak teams, all at different stages of their development. Adopting the theory suggested by some I dare say some of the stronger teams of the present day would not exist as they too have struggled at some stage in there past.

Kyneton will not allow themselves to lose to Nth Ballarat this weekend as the future of the club depends on a victory.

Thats your opinion and thats fine but i agree with KA that i dont think youll find one other person taking Frew in front of Saunders.
Where do you think Frew is better value than Saunders, is it his work at ground level, marking, kicking for goal or his leadership ?

Luke Saunders a big chance to captain VCFL side this year after being vc last year. Your Barham comment is terrible.

I agree totally with BB and KA, Frew maybe great value to his team and would be a value to any other BFL team! But to say he is better value than Saunders is an absolute joke, Saunders brings more value to a team than any other player in Country Victoria... He deserves the VCFL Captaincy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back