What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
max powers. said:
On the subjuct of McKern, What would Derek Filo think Everytime Mckern shoots his mouth?? They are travelling well at the moment but does Filo really need this bloke talking Flags?? Especially so far out from finals.......just adds more pressure on the playing group.

Has this bloke got any idea at all anyway??
Does anyone know his football background?
think he played 24 games for st kilda in the late 70s as an on-baller forward pocket. the encyclopedia of aussie players says:
Mick McKern: St Kilda (1976-78): Hard and uncompromising midfielers who was never one to skirk an issue on the field. Played 24 games and goaled 11 goals, but his career was hampered by a chronic knee injury, which ultimately cut his career short in 1978.

The Talking Goat said:
think he played 24 games for st kilda in the late 70s as an on-baller forward pocket. the encyclopedia of aussie players says:
Mick McKern: St Kilda (1976-78): Hard and uncompromising midfielers who was never one to skirk an issue on the field. Played 24 games and goaled 11 goals, but his career was hampered by a chronic knee injury, which ultimately cut his career short in 1978.

Not the same McKern. Iv'e seen him have a kick to kick on the oval at half time and he holds the football worse than Rod Austin used to the Carlton champ.. Bluey Watts beat him that day in the 1 on 1 contests during the half time interval. I have seen him however regually have a football in his mouth.

In the Playboy version of Parasites a Plenty there is a terrific centrefold of Mckern holding his Hows your father with his tongue hanging out and arm around The Eatglehawk Emblem. A fantastic story on him actually with plenty of parasite quotes from yesteryear. A must read for story telling around a bonfire with your mates! Voted centrefold of the year for a record 12 yrs in a row.
I commend the bloke. His heart and soul is strongly forged to the 1 club and he will do anything for them.. Good on Ya Mick. keep up the Quotes leading up to the finals.....

FinalWord said:
Not the same McKern. Iv'e seen him have a kick to kick on the oval at half time and he holds the football worse than Rod Austin used to the Carlton champ.. Bluey Watts beat him that day in the 1 on 1 contests during the half time interval. I have seen him however regually have a football in his mouth.

In the Playboy version of Parasites a Plenty there is a terrific centrefold of Mckern holding his Hows your father with his tongue hanging out and arm around The Eatglehawk Emblem. A fantastic story on him actually with plenty of parasite quotes from yesteryear. A must read for story telling around a bonfire with your mates! Voted centrefold of the year for a record 12 yrs in a row.
I commend the bloke. His heart and soul is strongly forged to the 1 club and he will do anything for them.. Good on Ya Mick. keep up the Quotes leading up to the finals.....

Your a bit harsh there FW, I seen him play some good footy for the Warriors, Big Jesse McMeeken always gave him first use out of the centre of the ground

don't you mean it used to be carl ditterich who gave him good supply out of the ruck.
haven't you heard the famous bit of commeanty in the st kilda-fitzroy game in 1977 from mike williamson:
Williamson: throw in deep in the st kilda forward line, there can only be seconds left in the game.
ditterich wins the ball down to mckern, who swoops on it, evades Bernie quinlan and throws the ball on his boot 25m out.... GOAL, mckern has kicked the goal to put the saints 3 points up.
and there's the siren, st kilda win in one of the great VFL games on 1977.
Ted Whitten: what a goal from mckern, i think we're going to be seeing a lot more of this young player

The Talking Goat said:
don't you mean it used to be carl ditterich who gave him good supply out of the ruck.
haven't you heard the famous bit of commeanty in the st kilda-fitzroy game in 1977 from mike williamson:
Williamson: throw in deep in the st kilda forward line, there can only be seconds left in the game.
ditterich wins the ball down to mckern, who swoops on it, evades Bernie quinlan and throws the ball on his boot 25m out.... GOAL, mckern has kicked the goal to put the saints 3 points up.
and there's the siren, st kilda win in one of the great VFL games on 1977.
Ted Whitten: what a goal from mckern, i think we're going to be seeing a lot more of this young player

A colleague of mine here in Adelaide reckons Mick McKern was a very handy rover for Glenelg in the early 80's - are we talking about the same guy.

Anyone got any news about Square for me??
How are the injuries going??

Gareth Keenan said:
A colleague of mine here in Adelaide reckons Mick McKern was a very handy rover for Glenelg in the early 80's - are we talking about the same guy.

wasn't there a guy mckern who won the magarey medal in the early 80s with something like 39 votes, next best was john cahill on about 19. could be the same fella, in fact, i would imagine so

Gareth Keenan said:

Walsh, Keast & Fraser all set to resume this week against the Kyneton Tigers at the Showgrounds.

And just for you Gareth:

Anderson Boys Update

Dillon - After Lobb's five last week, Dillon was sent forward on the weekend for minimal results (3 goals from 3 kicks)

Clayton - Never heard of him!

Time to give your early Mickelson medal tips-

From my point of view I believe the Medal will go to a player from 1 of the top 3 sides.

In saying that I have 2 tips.

The first one may surprise some people but he stands out having very short hair. Only missed 1 game for the year and has been regulary in their best players. A Hawkins from G/Square.

The other tip needs know explanation- M Dillon from Gisborne. Gisborne have dominated the Medal too in the last 3-4 years!!

Any others out there ????

FencePainter said:
Walsh, Keast & Fraser all set to resume this week against the Kyneton Tigers at the Showgrounds.

And just for you Gareth:

Anderson Boys Update

Dillon - After Lobb's five last week, Dillon was sent forward on the weekend for minimal results (3 goals from 3 kicks)

Surely you blokes have better things to talk about than those 2 clowns??

How was the standard of umpiring in games this week Big Footy punters??

Quote:
Originally Posted by FencePainter

And just for you Gareth:

Anderson Boys Update

Surely you blokes have better things to talk about than those 2 clowns??

How was the standard of umpiring in games this week Big Footy punters??

I have heard of Clayton Anderson, didn't he used to play for the Square too? I think he's an apprentice plumber who works on Saturdays as well putting in downpipes so he can afford to drink on weekends!
Dillon is the pick of the two of them!

goat u havnt posted any word of credit yet for tipsters correctly going 4 ehawk at the weekend addys bourkie and wintv jock clark apparently jock pulled up at a servo to get petrl sat morning and a south supporter got into him 4 never picking the bloods
jock went right off on triple c sat aftr 5 pm saying wheres that bloke now
i am with fw on hawkins as a big chance for the mickelson dont forget prickles martin at the maine only taylor and big marshal will take votes off prickles

Match Of The Round!

What are peoples thoughts on Kangaroo Flat v North City this weekend at Dower Park. The Flat got up in Ballarat but surely the Juniors will come out firing as they will take this as their last chance to win a game.

Browny is out for the year but the Flats young brigade are looking good and will get us over the line. Go Rooers! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Match Of The Round!

caveman said:
What are peoples thoughts on Kangaroo Flat v North City this weekend at Dower Park. The Flat got up in Ballarat but surely the Juniors will come out firing as they will take this as their last chance to win a game.

Browny is out for the year but the Flats young brigade are looking good and will get us over the line. Go Rooers! :thumbsu:

Yeah very true Caveman! The Flat will be out to take advantage of this week, cant wait for it. Ill be first in the gate, staight to the bar, then to the canteen for a pie before the main game. Wont miss a minute. Go roos

Warren said:
Yeah very true Caveman! The Flat will be out to take advantage of this week, cant wait for it. Ill be first in the gate, staight to the bar, then to the canteen for a pie before the main game. Wont miss a minute. Go roos

Here he is! You have been missing Wassa - thought you finally pulled the trigger! Don't worry, keep putting it to your head - one day you will realise that you might be better off going through with it.

Enjoy the circus act this weekend should be a high standard of football.:rolleyes:

Kings Army said:
Here he is! You have been missing Wassa - thought you finally pulled the trigger! Don't worry, keep putting it to your head - one day you will realise that you might be better off going through with it.

Enjoy the circus act this weekend should be a high standard of football.:rolleyes:

Thats pretty immature there KA. I like my name as Wazza if you dont mind. thanks. Look forward to the game.

zakster said:
goat u havnt posted any word of credit yet for tipsters correctly going 4 ehawk at the weekend addys bourkie and wintv jock clark apparently jock pulled up at a servo to get petrl sat morning and a south supporter got into him 4 never picking the bloods
jock went right off on triple c sat aftr 5 pm saying wheres that bloke now
i am with fw on hawkins as a big chance for the mickelson dont forget prickles martin at the maine only taylor and big marshal will take votes off prickles

Has the 'Maine' won enough games for Prickles to be a chance?

Warren said:
Oink oink.... here comes the pig!

Sorry Wassa - did not know that your level of maturity was so much higher than the rest of us!;)

Judging by the above post your struggling to reach the maturity of a 3 year old!

Kings Army said:

I would be very careful what you say about pulling the trigger KA. I think you will find that a few people would take offence to that. Maybe you should shut your mouth about that topic!

Kings Army said:
Sorry Wassa - did not know that your level of maturity was so much higher than the rest of us!;)

Judging by the above post your struggling to reach the maturity of a 3 year old!

you are a W A N K E R............. K A :D

Warren said:
I would be very careful what you say about pulling the trigger KA. I think you will find that a few people would take offence to that. Maybe you should shut your mouth about that topic!

I will make you a promise Wassa - pull it and I will never mention it again.

Kings Army said:
I will make you a promise Wassa - pull it and I will never mention it again.

I told you so, I think you have got yourself in a little deeper than you think KA. Good luck is all i can say.

FinalWord said:
Time to give your early Mickelson medal tips-

From my point of view I believe the Medal will go to a player from 1 of the top 3 sides.

In saying that I have 2 tips.

The first one may surprise some people but he stands out having very short hair. Only missed 1 game for the year and has been regulary in their best players. A Hawkins from G/Square.

The other tip needs know explanation- M Dillon from Gisborne. Gisborne have dominated the Medal too in the last 3-4 years!!

Any others out there ????

hawkins is a gun for square but i reckon blokes like griffin, o'toole who regulary kicks his fours and fives and holdstock will end up taking to many votes off each other. young from sandhurst will poll well i reckon and so will brad else from kyeton. just not sure they have won enough games for him to get the three votes the tigers

Kings Army said:
Coming from a bloke who listed himself in the top five players at his crap club! The w anker tag sits firmly on your shoulders PN!

love your work KA!!!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back