What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
max powers. said:
Got no doubts that south will be hard to beat come sep.
QEO in September will suit there tall forwards so bring on the RAIN!!!

It might be time for the Bendigo FL to follow the AFL and the Ballarat FL and use home ground advanatge as a reward and not a given. The Ballarat FL give finals and home ground advantage to the team the finished higher on the ladder.

They always play the granny at the Eastern Ovel and the Bendigo granny should always be at the QEO but the finals should be determined by how you performed during the year.

Bendigo FL are behind the times by having all finals at the QEO. It gives the teams that are based there a big advantage when they have not deserved it!:thumbsdown:

Trent the flight Steward said:
Do South have a Garry Lyon so called 'X' factor amongst their team, especailly in the midfield to break the lines, like a lloyd does for square, do they have to many blue collar workers through the centre, without having a Robins, Fitzgerald, Griffen to put the finshing touches to their hardwork
Will they continue to play Arron Noonan in the side at the risk of being exposed from his lack of skills and pace

The bloods don't have a heap of pace through the midfield although... Ryan C is lightning and when D Obree gets a couple more games under his belt he has explosive pace off a step. Breeza has awesome skills as does Ryan. I would argue with saying Noonan has lack of skills... he has very good foot skills, doesn't often miss a target.

Fair call?

Truth Hurts said:
The bloods don't have a heap of pace through the midfield although... Ryan C is lightning and when D Obree gets a couple more games under his belt he has explosive pace off a step. Breeza has awesome skills as does Ryan. I would argue with saying Noonan has lack of skills... he has very good foot skills, doesn't often miss a target.

Fair call?

Stubby kicks the ball to low and too hard, not a lot of room for error, and hard for the tall forwards to mark, i think danny would be the first to admit he is not the fastest player in the league, and will they need him forward come finals as he has proven kicking 7 for Nyah in 2001 that he could be the X factor they sorely need, so that the oppostion dont just sit theeir ruckman in front of beattie all day

I see a fair bit of South Bgo - why is Ryan Connaughton hated so much by opponents and opposing clubs fans??
The boy can play a bit.

Hardluck Harry said:
I see a fair bit of South Bgo - why is Ryan Connaughton hated so much by opponents and opposing clubs fans??
The boy can play a bit.

He is hated isn't he.... blokes love to pick on him, I used to play with him ages ago and nothing has changed, good question no answer.

And also, you would think that if teams want to sit a ruckman in front of beatie that would free up Burke, Hardinge, Frew, Rees, Shadbolt or Night... wouldn't you say?

Truth Hurts said:
He is hated isn't he.... blokes love to pick on him, I used to play with him ages ago and nothing has changed, good question no answer.

And also, you would think that if teams want to sit a ruckman in front of beatie that would free up Burke, Hardinge, Frew, Rees, Shadbolt or Night... wouldn't you say?

I agree with that TH, but from what I saw at the weekend, the problem for the Bloods will ge getting the ball down there.
Injury to Linc Sullivan is a big blow as well.
I'm far from writing them off but it was ugly last week against a team that doesn't have as strong a midfield as Gisborne or Square.

Trent the flight Steward said:
Do South have a Garry Lyon so called 'X' factor amongst their team, especailly in the midfield to break the lines,

Two words; Alex Galea.

The boy is magic

Hardluck Harry said:
I agree with that TH, but from what I saw at the weekend, the problem for the Bloods will ge getting the ball down there.
Injury to Linc Sullivan is a big blow as well.
I'm far from writing them off but it was ugly last week against a team that doesn't have as strong a midfield as Gisborne or Square.

Yeah you're right, we will get smashed in the midfield if we play those teams again. Our forwards won't kick goals if we can't get it down there..... I just don't think its that simple, i guess we will find out.

Hardluck Harry said:
The chances of Peter Mann playing for Sth Bgo are as high as Julian Lake being drafted by the Adelaide Crows.

As for the Bloods - how bad were they against the Burra.
They couldn't play that badly again surely.
When the Burra put the pressure on a lot of blokes found it too hot in the kitchen.
I notice the Weed has been very quiet since South's loss.
Maybe he was one of the players who got burnt.

harry i am back. i was so disappointed when the bloods lost but that's not why i haven't been able to post on big footy. have been tied down with work, double booked a sportsman night. it's my job to talk about my days at the crows. i love the job quite honestly.
they were super impressive on saturday eaglehawk just really wanted the win. they were just to good on saturday as were the hot dogs. another great game ahead this weekend between eaglehawk and sandhurst. should be good.
WEIDEMAN OUT!!!

Hi BFL fans

Need some advice - I have a rare opportunity to come back to Bendigo from Adelaide to see some family and friends for a few days in September.
I have two choices - BFL preliminary final weekend or BFL grand final weekend.
I'd really love to watch Square play a game and catch up with Weed for a hot dog and West End Draught. Do I take the punt on the granny or play it safer for the prelim???
Surely they'll make it to the prelim at least.

X-Factor said:
Anyone know how a bloke by the name of Andy Grant is trevellin this year?
Or a Shannon Gilson?

No don't no how they are going but can someone tell me how jason hewitt is going at Golden Square is he getting a run or not.

X-Factor said:
Anyone know how a bloke by the name of Andy Grant is trevellin this year?
Or a Shannon Gilson?

andy grand is playing at elmore who lost there first game for the year againest lockington in the heathcote league. grant is very very fit and having a great year. gilson is in melbourne working and playing footy for either doncaster or donvale, it's one of them two, not sure how his form has been

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bearsboy said:
jets06 said:
what has happened to Brett Cook at Kyneton, is he injured or retired ???[/quote ] Has left Kyneton and joined St Bernards in the ammos
I thought he was assistant coach at Kyneton and did a fair bit of recruiting for them.... was there a fall out with the committee or coaching staff or personal reasons ???

bigc said:
is wayne eve still at kyenton
Yes Evey is at Kyneton , kicked 11 a couple of weeks ago . Apparently lost a fair bit of his ear last week in an accidental clash with Gisborne coach Marcus Barham .

jets06 said:
bearsboy said:
I thought he was assistant coach at Kyneton and did a fair bit of recruiting for them.... was there a fall out with the committee or coaching staff or personal reasons ???
I'm not a 100% sure , but heard it was a falling out , maybe he was sick of his side being flogged most weeks.

Kings Army said:
It might be time for the Bendigo FL to follow the AFL and the Ballarat FL and use home ground advanatge as a reward and not a given. The Ballarat FL give finals and home ground advantage to the team the finished higher on the ladder.

They always play the granny at the Eastern Ovel and the Bendigo granny should always be at the QEO but the finals should be determined by how you performed during the year.

Bendigo FL are behind the times by having all finals at the QEO. It gives the teams that are based there a big advantage when they have not deserved it!:thumbsdown:
KA , i dont think you'll get any response from any South Bendigo or Sandhurst supporters on this one , but i think its a very good point you make . I dont think the league would be to keen , imagine the uproar from other clubs if they had to play Gisborne at the graveyard for a spot in the Grand Final :thumbsu:

bearsboy said:
KA , i dont think you'll get any response from any South Bendigo or Sandhurst supporters on this one , but i think its a very good point you make . I dont think the league would be to keen , imagine the uproar from other clubs if they had to play Gisborne at the graveyard for a spot in the Grand Final :thumbsu:

Oink oink The pig is back! how the mud pit going you filthy pig?

Warren said:
Oink oink The pig is back! how the mud pit going you filthy pig?
Warren , without doubt you would be the most weak gutted individual i have ever come across in my entire life , insult after insult from behind the screen , lets see if you have the balls to come and see me at Gisborne next week .

bearsboy said:
Warren , without doubt you would be the most weak gutted individual i have ever come across in my entire life , insult after insult from behind the screen , lets see if you have the balls to come and see me at Gisborne next week .

Don't know if i can get a lift down next week, i'll sink a few at the windy and hope the rooers can smash a few dogs!

Oink Oink Oink? what did you say fat boy?

Warren said:
Don't know if i can get a lift down next week, i'll sink a few at the windy and hope the rooers can smash a few dogs!

Oink Oink Oink? what did you say fat boy?
My tip is Warren , that there wouldnt be to many blokes putting theyre hand up to give you a lift , which is very disapointing because there are more than a few Gisborne boys that wanted to meet you .

bearsboy said:
My tip is Warren , that there wouldnt be to many blokes putting theyre hand up to give you a lift , which is very disapointing because there are more than a few Gisborne boys that wanted to meet you .

Oink Oink Oink...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back