What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate, pretty average actually .

Neither of these two have done much against Gisborne in the past .
Walsh (cant coach) was lucky enough to snag a few by hangin out the back in the granny last year (in time on in the last quarter).

Dont get me wrong they're both handy players, but they are not the superstars they are made out to be .

Very very harsh bearsboy on both these blokes.

D walsh was in Squares best 2 players grand final day, on a day when there forwards struggled he stood up as good coaches do. 5 goals in a losing side is a good effort.
I'm a little bit confused how a bloke at full forward can actually "hang out the back" as you put it???? From my memory he kicked most of his goals from 1 on 1 contests mainly against Your coach.

A Hawkins had a bad Grand Final but he wasn't on his own, and i remember a day in Gisborne a few years ago where he had a blinder 40 odd touches ....tagged and all. If he gets another chance on the big stage it won't happen again.

Very very harsh bearsboy on both these blokes.

D walsh was in Squares best 2 players grand final day, on a day when there forwards struggled he stood up as good coaches do. 5 goals in a losing side is a good effort.
I'm a little bit confused how a bloke at full forward can actually "hang out the back" as you put it???? From my memory he kicked most of his goals from 1 on 1 contests mainly against Your coach.

A Hawkins had a bad Grand Final but he wasn't on his own, and i remember a day in Gisborne a few years ago where he had a blinder 40 odd touches ....tagged and all. If he gets another chance on the big stage it won't happen again.
Fair enough. Like i said, only my opinion .
I dont suppose you've watched the Grand final again Max ? Walsh does enjoy hanging out, no doubt about that !

Think your being a bit harsh Bearsboy. Both players have some ability. Maybe their consistancy could be questioned. I think every team has players like them - you need to have a mix of all sorts. In and under ball winners and aswell as ball users

Great wrap up. Think your spot on with most teams. Who do you think are the most intimidating teams in the BFL and why?

how did c/main an the flat go on anzac, did teh flat stand up an play some good foot or were they still no good

Think your being a bit harsh Bearsboy. Both players have some ability. Maybe their consistancy could be questioned. I think every team has players like them - you need to have a mix of all sorts. In and under ball winners and aswell as ball users
I clearly stated both blokes could play. I'm just saying they are not the superstars they are made out to be and that may have something to do with the inconsistancy you mention .
Which part of "my opinion" dont you Golden Square morons understand ? In the games i have seen against Gisborne neither of these blokes have impressed me at all . It is general knowledge in the BFL that Walsh was an ordinary coach, Golden Square people have admitted this.

Thats why this thread is heck ed , Half a bad word about anyone up your way and you bunch of p oofs start crying .

Not crying BB. I too have thought at times they may be over rated but I have seen them perform well on occasions. Havent really ever seen them dominate a game. Would say Griffo would be a much bigger asset.
The way Gisborne have played over the last 5 years you would struggle to see any opposition player dominate against them, that however doesnt mean they cant play. Fair call?

Not crying BB. I too have thought at times they may be over rated but I have seen them perform well on occasions. Havent really ever seen them dominate a game. Would say Griffo would be a much bigger asset.
The way Gisborne have played over the last 5 years you would struggle to see any opposition player dominate against them, that however doesnt mean they cant play. Fair call?
Yeah sorry mate wasnt really directed at you . I never said they couldnt play i just question their ability in the big games and against top sides .

Like we've just seen in the cricket, the big boys stand up when it counts !!

Good call. He is a great big game performer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah sorry mate wasnt really directed at you . I never said they couldnt play i just question their ability in the big games and against top sides .

Like we've just seen in the cricket, the big boys stand up when it counts !!

Mate, I couldn't agree more. Blokes who perform well in finals are always remembered as good players - and so they should be. Those who don't have to live with the stigma of failing under pressure. Tough call but I don't think that will ever change. You often see blokes dominate when their side is smashing a team but the same bloke can't find it when they are the ones under the pump. Good way to judge a blokes football character.

Is this concerted bagging of Hawkins by Gisborne posters some sort of payback for him actually keeping his mouth shut re Interleague a couple of years ago and your top man?
Gee, theres some slow learners on here .
I'm not bagging either player, just making comments on what i have seen over the years especialy when they have played against Gisborne.

I actually believe most followers of the BFL would agree with what i've posted.

Gee, theres some slow learners on here .
I'm not bagging either player, just making comments on what i have seen over the years especialy when they have played against Gisborne.

I actually believe most followers of the BFL would agree with what i've posted.

I don't agree mate but thats your opinion, Woosha has had alot of niggling injuries and if he gets his body right i know he will be great for us up forward with Tooley and Stace Fiske.

In my opinion I think Hawk is sometimes under-rated, alot of blokes bag him and remember someone here last year calling him a sheepdog who just roves the packs. I think this is just a tag that has been put on him and he may not chuck his body in like a Clayton Anderson but he has red hot crack and never leaves the team down.

My opinion

Champion bloke Rosco, but hasnt been sited since presentation night . Must be spending all his time in the gym working on that physique . :thumbsu:

i heard a rumour ross brodie retired as gisborne runner and quit his job to analyse footy stats 24/7 so his AFL Dream team would be competitive this season?

Looking forward to the odds for this weeks games .
KingsArmy or the Goat ?

Big call there Norfolk, you sound very confident .

I am confident mate, might be going a tad overboard with the odds but i am confident we are in for a very good year.

You know me mate, can get a bit excited at times...

Eaglehawk $1.40 v Kangaroo Flat $3.50
Maryborough $2.40 v Kyneton $1.60
Sandhurst $1.85 v South Bendigo $1.85
Golden Square $1.04 v North City $7.50
Castlemaine $4.50 v Gisborne $1.20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back