What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This weeks game look to be very one sided except for the Maine V Sandhurst.

Sqaure, Gisborne, Eaglehawk and South Bendigo are all $1.01 - you can write your own ticket for the teams they are playing up to 5 million to one.

Maine $2.30
Sandhurst $1.60

You havent got much time for the sides not in the top 5 have you james

Ive heard that Kyneton is in big trouble apparently some of their big recruits arnt happy, heard that they had 11 players at training tonight wouldnt be surprised if there is a walk out soon.

JENNA J --- ACCORDING to our reliable Goat, who must have spent a fair bit of Sunday walking about shaking hooves, Nathan Gilly from the Hurst is rated as one of the over-23s in the inter-league squad.
The Talking, Hoof-Shaking Goat can confirm this.

Thought vigus started the game well early, then went out of it.
gilliland is an over-23 player. can confirm this. castlemaine sandhurst the match of the round this week. like sandhurst in this one. been a fairly dull start to the season i think

and Hurst to beat Square. Doesn't matter whether they play at Backhaus Oval or C'bury Park, Hurst to win,.[/quote] jock clark 2

Do you think you over estimated sandhurst a bit early jock??
Losing to both Gis and square?

Ive heard that Kyneton is in big trouble apparently some of their big recruits arnt happy, heard that they had 11 players at training tonight wouldnt be surprised if there is a walk out soon.

intersting comments Little Man. A good mate of mine actually signed with Kyneton last nite, he has just moved to the town. He didnt mention anything about light numbers on the track to me - and that is something he would notice because the club he comes from is a very strong one who get good no's on the track.

I will be interested to see what happens with the Tigers over the coming weeks.

Since this forum seems to be dominated by Gisborne and Golden Square supporters, I'll put my 2 bobs worth in to even the opinions out.

Square look strong, still a bit top heavy for my liking and D Anderson is a big loss but will be there last day in Sept.

Gissy strong as always, but not as strong as last year - danger to miss GF

Hurst were not on their game against Square and unlucky to lose against Gissy after being crucified by the umpires, so don't get carried away just yet - Still my dark horse for the flag

South & E/hawk need to prove they can beat top 3 teams mentioned above

Kyneton are gone, K Flat are gone, C/maine are gone, North never arrived.

Here is a list of the blokes (or birds) representing your forum in the Bigfooty Rregional Leagues Fantasy Football League (BRLFFFL)
The four teams competing are the the Central Sharks, Donkey Floggers, the North-Eastern Wolves and the Western Wallabies.

These folks are representing you lot at the liest level, and you all should be proud of their efforts. Many big leagues (Ballarat, West Gippsland La Trobe, Eastern FL, THE WHOLE OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA!) aren't represented at all, so these guys are making a hefty imprint on the virtual footballing community!! Maybe a quick visit to their match threads to talk 'em up and can their opponents wouldn't be out of order?

(If you are on this list, and there is a x in front of your name, this means you are yet to even read the private message I sent about picking a guernsey number. It means you probably aren't aware of the season in progress, and your club needs you!)
Central Sharks - Bendigo FL - A_JET8
Central Sharks - Bendigo FL - Norfolk & Clew
Central Sharks - Bendigo FL - max powers
Central Sharks - Bendigo FL - The fatman
Central Sharks - Bendigo FL - davis 24
Central Sharks - Bendigo FL - Courageunderfire

Since this forum seems to be dominated by Gisborne and Golden Square supporters, I'll put my 2 bobs worth in to even the opinions out.

Square look strong, still a bit top heavy for my liking and D Anderson is a big loss but will be there last day in Sept.

Gissy strong as always, but not as strong as last year - danger to miss GF

Hurst were not on their game against Square and unlucky to lose against Gissy after being crucified by the umpires, so don't get carried away just yet - Still my dark horse for the flag

South & E/hawk need to prove they can beat top 3 teams mentioned above

Kyneton are gone, K Flat are gone, C/maine are gone, North never arrived.

if Gisborne had kicked straight they would of won by 6 or 7 goals so i dont think the umpires would of changed the game that much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SEE Jenna J --- the Goat placed the hooves on the keyboard and confirmed Hurst's Gilly Gilliland is an OVER-23.
No, Maxie P. Haven't over-estimated the Hurst. That 7-point loss on Sunday is the closest game played in the BFL so far, and we're 17 games (three rounds and two special, one-offers) in.
Next closest game was the Princes Park Round 1 affair when Maryboro beat Kyneton by 19 points.
You'll note in Tony Pierce's editorial in last weekend's programme (turn to Page 2, last para) the League is concerned about blow-out results. The prez. Drummie said the same thing at the AGM last November.
"There is no doubt the BFL has far too many one-sided games as we see the results come in each weekend. In fact, how many times do we go to games when we know the result --the result, not the final margin -- before the umpies toss the ball in the air the first time?" Those were Drummie's comments in the AGM annual report.
Drummie's worried. I think we all should be. There are FAR TOO MANY BLOWOUTS !!

SEE Jenna J --- the Goat placed the hooves on the keyboard and confirmed Hurst's Gilly Gilliland is an OVER-23.
No, Maxie P. Haven't over-estimated the Hurst. That 7-point loss on Sunday is the closest game played in the BFL so far, and we're 17 games (three rounds and two special, one-offers) in.
Next closest game was the Princes Park Round 1 affair when Maryboro beat Kyneton by 19 points.
You'll note in Tony Pierce's editorial in last weekend's programme (turn to Page 2, last para) the League is concerned about blow-out results. The prez. Drummie said the same thing at the AGM last November.
"There is no doubt the BFL has far too many one-sided games as we see the results come in each weekend. In fact, how many times do we go to games when we know the result --the result, not the final margin -- before the umpies toss the ball in the air the first time?" Those were Drummie's comments in the AGM annual report.

I always thought Drummie was "The Talking Goat"

Because that is pretty much what he is!

Bit of info for you if your interested lads, the flats loosing margin this year on average is 83 points, compared to that of 06 of 31 points.
With all the coin they have handed out to these ex AFL/VFL players wouldn't you expect that the losing margin to be alot less?
The 4 sides in 06 were The Brough, Tigers, Marybrough and Castlemain.
In 07 they are all the same just sub out Marybrough for South.

Bit of info for you if your interested lads, the flats loosing margin this year on average is 83 points, compared to that of 06 of 31 points.
With all the coin they have handed out to these ex AFL/VFL players wouldn't you expect that the loosing margin to be alot less?
The 4 sides in 06 were The Brough, Tigers, Marybrough and Castlemain.
In 07 they are all the same just sub out Marybrough for South.

Interesting point mate, although they spent a heap of coin they should of spent it on quality country players and got a few rather than spending it all on one or two 'gun' players. Zantuck should be on the ball.

By the way mate, it's spelt losing not loosing;)

To Aussie mauler - Bad kicking is bad football.... like I said, Gissy are not the out-and-out favourites like they have been in past years

To Appin Vet - I saw Mitro play on Sunday and he is going well. My contacts tell me he doesn't train much these days, but it seems that's never been his thing, so no need to read anything into that comment. He is a genuine A-class player.

Interesting point mate, although they spent a heap of coin they should of spent it on quality country players and got a few rather than spending it all on one or two 'gun' players. Zantuck should be on the ball.

By the way mate, it's spelt losing not loosing;)

Thanks mate,
I agree, these blokes are not in for the long haul.
I see that Glenn Lehner has put a clearance in to go back to Whittlesea after his short stint in the BFL. Also Craig Scoble heading out to the riverside. Might be missing finger but can play when he feels like it.

I don't think its that bad down at tiger land, they just have to learn to play as a team. there is a lot of injuries but u can't use that for every loss nev.. TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY

Originally Posted by Norfolk & Clew

Norfolk - I agree - Sick of these AFL rejects trying to suck all the cash out of country football simply to float their ego and fledgling ambitions of a miraculous AFL comeback.

Give the money to footballers who will stick around and help develop the kids. From what I hear, Ty Zantuck will do neither....

Rombotis has been cleared by old club.All you flat supporters will need deep pockets signed about 5 players already all on 4 figure salary includes zantuck and his brother.

Told you all,back before season started you were throwing your money away.Ring RACV because the wheels have well and truley fell off.Its not just the big names they wasted it on either just ask caveman told him by pm

No, Maxie P. Haven't over-estimated the Hurst. That 7-point loss on Sunday is the closest

Interested to hear peoples thoughts on this. Does seem to be a worrying trend. Is there any connection between the location/demographic of towns and how there teams perform. Gisborne - close to melbourne/middle to upper class town - strong team. Marybourough - blue collar reasonably remote - stuggle a bit. Same could be said for Kyneton maybe Ballarat although you would think out a city the size of Ballarat you could field a competitive side.

You havent got much time for the sides not in the top 5 have you james

Very little - so much so I am laying the 4 winners Square, Gissy, Eaglehawk and South Bendigo to win by a combined total of 420 points.

4 winners by over 420 points $1.90
4 winners by under 420 points $1.90

Which line do you like Pentium?

Interested to hear peoples thoughts on this. Does seem to be a worrying trend. Is there any connection between the location/demographic of towns and how there teams perform. Gisborne - close to melbourne/middle to upper class town - strong team. Marybourough - blue collar reasonably remote - stuggle a bit. Same could be said for Kyneton maybe Ballarat although you would think out a city the size of Ballarat you could field a competitive side.

North ballarat are a brand new club in their second year of existence, most of the better players in the Ballarat region I am presuming, would play in the Ballarat league. North Ballarat have to travel massive distances every 2nd week and alot of players would hate to do that. It would be alot harder than you think for them to recruit, they have a strong junior system so if they keep bringing them through they should go ok in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back