Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaws 3D

First saw this as an 8yo back in '83. It sucked then. But at least it was in 3D. That was at least some distraction for how incredibly f@%king stupid this movie is. Mike Brody grew up to be a real dickhead...

watched Arrival yesterday! what a movie one of the best iv seen in a long time! i actually said to my mate thats one of the best movies of seen since Prisoners not even knowing it was the same director!

A fistful of dollars.

Still awesome. By far the shortest of the series, it is beautiful in its uncomplicated plot and characters.

Lots of baddies and one goodie who's actually sort of bad.

Terrible makeup, appalling dubbing, questionable camera direction and pretty poor props are all made up for with snappy one liners and shootouts a plenty.

Will watch again. But need to get through The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, For a few dollars more, and Hang em High again first.

I watched Piranahs DD last night.

Absolute B movie trash. Hasselfoff takes the piss out of himself gloriously.
Some scenes were just crazy. Like thia guy shagging his missus, but she has a baby piranha in her snatch and it bites him on the willy so he cuts it off.

Yeah.

9/10.
B grade trash dam right that's what makes it glorious, just like Sharknado

Cruyff14 loves signatures how bizarre, how bizarre

TMNT Out of the Shadows

Way better than the first film I felt this one stayed true the cartoon series in terms of characters and story enjoyable.

Agreed

Was exactly like the old show , especially Bebop and Rocksteady ( MAH MAAAANNNN !!!! )
Pissed on the 1st movie and i rated the 1st one too.

Remarked to my mate at the end that , now with the cgi so advanced , it gives the Turtles more individuality than ever before.
The sadness and hurt in Donnies eyes , THAT stupid grin from Mikey.

Not sure where #3 can go from here though , they crammed a lot into this one.

TMNT 3 - Leatherhead and Metalhead team up lol !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mrs. Someorothers Pecular Children
Tim Burton not going over-the-top attempting to be Tim Burton. No Helena Bonham Carter and Dog Smuggler which was nice. Actually felt it could have benefitted from being just a little bit more Tim Burton-esque in parts. 7/10

The Magnificent Seven

Magnificent is about right! Really, really enjoyed this. A new age western that has a good quality cast and an engaging story line.

8.5/10

Nah, 6/10 at best. Too predictable.

Saw Jack Reacher: Never look back. I'm massively into the Jack Reacher book series and had just read Never look back. Unfortunately too much good stuff was missing from the book, but if they put it all in then the movie would have been 3 hours long. Cruise captures the personality and essence of Jack Reacher really well (unlike most people I rate his acting as very good/excellent) but the book Jack Reacher is 6'6"

Arrival with Jeremy Reiner, Amy Adams and Forrest Whittaker was interesting but ended tamely.

Mechanic:Resurrection. As expected. More explosions per dollar

War Dogs, Jonah Hill, Milles Teller. Really good. Jonah plays the likeable arseh*le / campaigner very well.

La La Land

The hype is real and the movie is magical. Even if you don't like musicals, and I normally don't, this is very palatable; there aren't that many songs but they're all golden. Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling are exceptionally cast too, and it's about time they were actually in a good movie together.

Hard to imagine the same man made Whiplash but Chazelle is a hell of a showman.

Nah, 6/10 at best. Too predictable.

Saw Jack Reacher: Never look back. I'm massively into the Jack Reacher book series and had just read Never look back. Unfortunately too much good stuff was missing from the book, but if they put it all in then the movie would have been 3 hours long. Cruise captures the personality and essence of Jack Reacher really well (unlike most people I rate his acting as very good/excellent) but the book Jack Reacher is 6'6"

Arrival with Jeremy Reiner, Amy Adams and Forrest Whittaker was interesting but ended tamely.

Mechanic:Resurrection. As expected. More explosions per dollar

War Dogs, Jonah Hill, Milles Teller. Really good. Jonah plays the likeable arseh*le / campaigner very well.
That wasn't a problem for me. I've seen the original after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back