Movie What's the last movie you saw? (6)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 7:

I think you think I’m arguing with you and I’m not, but Volcano had half of downtown LA being blown up and s**t. It was bigger and louder but it was also pretty s**t.
Oh I know you aren't arguing. I'm just recalling memories from when I was 7 compared to what sounds like fresher more accurate memories from you.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Similar to Armageddon and Deep Impact… which was kinda my point.

Armageddon and Volcano were big dumb flashy explosion disaster movies.

Deep Impact and Dante’s Peak were a bit slower and more thoughtful and (semi) realistic.

Having said that, I still love Armageddon and woukd watch it over Deep Impact any day, I’d also pick Dante’s over volcano.
Armageddon is the one that has Steve Buscemi as an astronaut? And Bruce Willis too I think.

Never actually had the time to give it a chance but since knowing this after google -

Futurama Buy GIF

Ironic thing is I went to see Deep Impact when released and it was pretty crap.
It was long ago, maybe the marketing had something to do with my my girlfriend’s choice at the time.

Armageddon is the one that has Steve Buscemi as an astronaut? And Bruce Willis too I think.

Never actually had the time to give it a chance but since knowing this after google -

Futurama Buy GIF

Ironic thing is I went to see Deep Impact when released and it was pretty crap.
It was long ago, maybe the marketing had something to do with my my girlfriend’s choice at the time.
I ****ing love Armageddon and I'm not afraid to tell it to the world.

Great cast... Bruce Willis, Steve Buscemi Michael Clarke Duncan, Ben Affleck, Billy Bob Thornton, Peter Stomare, William Fichtner and a super hot Liv Tyler.

Bright lights, loud noises, big explosions, funny one liners... As big, loud, dumb, fun action movies go, it is as good as you will find. If you're look for deep thinking, intellectual cinemaaah then you'd best just keep on driving, son. But if you just want some loud, stupid, big budget Hollywood entertainment, it will meet your needs adequately.

Extraction 2

Great follow-up film. Felt like watching a live action COD game with its tracking shot style action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I absolutely loved the first one, glad to hear the follow up is good, will give it a whirl soon.

I Like Movies (2022)

Socially inept 17-year old cinephile, Lawrence Kweller, gets a job at a video store where he forms a complicated friendship with his older female manager.

6/10. Didn't mind most of it but won't rewatch jt. Bit slow at times and gets dark

I thought he was fairly terrible in Elvis.. seems a lot of the reviews had the same consensus
I haven't seen Elvis. I read a lot of bad reviews of it when it came out so gave it a miss. Then a few months later it gets an Oscar nomination for best picture and I'm like "WTF?". Might give it a go one day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't seen Elvis. I read a lot of bad reviews of it when it came out so gave it a miss. Then a few months later it gets an Oscar nomination for best picture and I'm like "WTF?". Might give it a go one day.

It's not bad.. I think you kinda have to like Baz Luhrman movies though, it's pretty typical

It's not bad.. I think you kinda have to like Baz Luhrman movies though, it's pretty typical
I quite enjoyed Elvis and really didn’t have any issue with Hanks doing what he did but this is spot on.

It’s the most Baz of any of his films and for a near 3 hour movie it is ALOT.

Australia was unwatchable.
Apparently. But by the time I’d suffered through Moulin Rouge I vowed to never watch him again, a vow I upheld until the vomitous Great Gatsby. So mercifully missed that one.

Apparently. But by the time I’d suffered through Moulin Rouge I vowed to never watch him again, a vow I upheld until the vomitous Great Gatsby. So mercifully missed that one.
I thought Gatsby was alright, probably saved by another Leo masterclass in acting more than anything else though.

Sound of Metal (2019, SBS On Demand) -

A heroin addict and drummer loses his hearing. The hearing loss as it happens in the first 20mins. Plenty of other films dawdle to get to the conflict so props for getting to the point. What happens next is a rehab story with the added complexity of said hearing loss. Was interesting to see the surgical option and its flaws. Riz Ahmed gives a believable performance. 7.5/10.

Point Break (1991, SBS On Demand) -

FBI Agent Keanu tries to bring down Swayze and his gang of bank robbers/surfers. Dumb fun. The action scenes are top notch, the dialogue is pitiful. A typical 80's/90's action film. You'll know in the first minute if it's your particular cup of tea. 7/10.

I've got a soft spot for Moulin Rouge it's not without it's charms, but I can't say I've been equally charmed by any of Bazs other efforts.
Overall I kind of feel the world is a better place with his film, even if I don't like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back