Society/Culture When is racism really racism?

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah this looks a lot like racism.

wiggles like singing cultural songs but got smashed for cultural appropriation. Cos you know. They had the wrong colour of skin.

now they bring on 4 new wiggles all from 4 different races so they can sing their cultural songs.

the original wiggle said it best. We used to just be about child education. Now we have to all have different genders and races.

the non binary unicorn character. That’s just woke gold

Fire first, ask questions later...

What's with the employer firing the women on this basis? I feel that's an inappropriate thing for that woman to say for sure, I don't really blame the guy for being angry, but the employer firing her because he complained to her?

What's with the employer firing the women on this basis? I feel that's an inappropriate thing for that woman to say for sure, I don't really blame the guy for being angry, but the employer firing her because he complained to her?
No company in the USA wants an angry mob at the front door of their offices.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She told a black guy to go back to his hood
Have you seen seen footage of that?

Even then, that's not explicitly racist. There is some implied racism but it could indeed be a case of a white girl adopting the parlance of referring to her neighbourhood as her "hood", without considering that there's any particular racial stigma attached to the phrase.

Even then, that's a very tenuous basis to conclude "she is a filthy racist ... she doesn't deserve a job".

There's nothing liberal about that impulse.

You would have been first in line to sit on a jury for a witch trial 400 years ago.

Have you seen seen footage of that?

Even then, that's not explicitly racist. There is some implied racism but it could indeed be a case of a white girl adopting the parlance of referring to her neighbourhood as her "hood", without considering that there's any particular racial stigma attached to the phrase.

Even then, that's a very tenuous basis to conclude "she is a filthy racist ... she doesn't deserve a job".

There's nothing liberal about that impulse.

You would have been first in line to sit on a jury for a witch trial 400 years ago.
The bottom line is that she is a racist who thinks she is superior to black people and needs to put them in their place.
She was probably raised to think like that.
You can employ tricky arguments but we all know the score.

The bottom line is that she is a racist who thinks she is superior to black people and needs to put them in their place.
She was probably raised to think like that.
You can employ tricky arguments but we all know the score.
Is it "the bottom line"? Can you demonstrate any of this?

You want to sit in judgement of people. That's your impulse. And the allegations of racism are merely the vehicle for you to scratch that itch.

Where is the liberal impulse in any of this? Do you have evidence for your claims?

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture When is racism really racism?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back